Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Interesting, I was gonna pick Vegabond but Fat Roll is a deal breaker for me. Is that with or without armour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was just thinking the same - can't stand fat rolling. Surprised it would be like that from the start. Normally your starting gear is light I thought?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is an update on the PS5 version.

Just turned it on and it started downloading.

Yeah out the gate and you are fat rolling with the starting gear, removing the chest armor with a weight of 10 I think it was didn't get you to a fast roll either, it dropped to medium load from heavy load. To get down to light load I had to take off everything bar my sword.

EDIT: Actually I missed the fact you have 2 weapons equipped at the start, so removing the halberd also gets you down to medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I was going to pass or at least delay on this but after the absolutely insane reviews I've ordered it, looking forward to giving it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

started as vagabond and wasn't feeling it . re started as astrologer and loving it . the sense of awe and discovery in this is class .

I used the key I got as a starting gift and now wondering if I should move on or persist in trying to get passed the chariot thingy on the ramps.??

I feel like I'm not quick enough once I get to the 3rd corner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Digital foundry confirming that the PC version is suffering from micro stutters, same thing seen in ffvii remake. Seems to be related to dx12. Wonder what the help is up with dx12 that's is causing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Great now you ruined the game and we know there's Chariots in it 😡😡😡🤣

Also that there is a "3rd corner" ffs. 😋

Seriously though, ppl will be using spoliers in here or what's the etiquette?

• Advertisement

God I'd hope so for anything major, or specifics like what I found after nearly an hour trying to get down the route I was on , it was a

talisman for increasing max HP, Stamina and Equip load,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think I'll bite the bullet and purchase, where the best/cheapest place to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Still in two minds over what class to start with. I'd normally go with a typical sword and shield melee class, but the magic in this looks to be really varied and a big part of combat.

Just read that article now, bit disappointing alright but hopefully not that noticeable in game. Not the end of the world to wait on another patch either if need be. Maybe it'll be all sorted by the time you come out of isolation. 😁

A few times now I've been stood looking at something thinking how will I get down there, forgetting I can just drop down as there's no fall damage 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I did the same. I think it was too early but I will be returning.

I persisted and found an easier way, but things are not easy after that. I'll put the how in spoilers and nothing else.

You can drop off the narrow bridge you cross with an item on it to a ledge below.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Too soon to say for me, I have met stuff that takes me out in one or two swings but that is intended to be dealt with later. What's in direction the game want's me to go has been fine so far.

I have been exploring mainly and found a fair few dungeons and met a couple of bosses. Yet to defeat one 🙁🙁

• Advertisement

I'm having the same problem I had with Sekiro and screen flicker giving me a serious headache playing on Xbox and a desktop monitor, I fixed it back then but don't recall what I did ?

For anyone else. Turn off freesync in on your monitor settings. This is something unique to From's last two game for me on this display.

That's me done for the evening eventually got a few mini dungeon bosses beat. First impressions are as good as I'd of hoped for, at first I thought I'd chose the wrong class but may have just been me being rusty.

Gonna sink a tonne of time into this no doubt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems like this is going to be an absolute monster hit. 650,000 concurrent players on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths and Argos selling it for 60, plenty stock in my local smyths but my Argos, you have to reserve for collection on Tuesday. They've gotten so bad with games.

early spoiler impressions I am still past first main boss.

Loving the exploration, an empty landscape for me to discover and explore but if I want to play the game I can go in the general direction I am told too, its glorious. How you can discover new maps sections etc is so well presented as something you find not are told to get. Discovery is the big key here and not discovery as its a question mark on a map but discovery by looking at a map and saying " there is more than likely something there"

Early doors I had thought I had chose the wrong class, but I just explored found a few dungeons and fought my way through to the boss and got killed, a lot. But this isnt my first rodeo so off I popped to discover more, get some weapons armor etc.

Once I found the spirt summons and then another and realised they can be used strategically in fights it was like something clicked, straight away I killed 3 mini dungeon bosses, well 2.5 😂

The only thing I am finding is that its less grinding in one area than previous From games and due to this I appear to be leveling up alot slower than usual but I imagine once I get into the castle that will all change.

I can see myself losing hours in this and its going to take something special to make me turn it off.

also trap chests can go and get fucked 🤣🤣

Post edited by recyclops on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone got any recommendations for which class to start as if I want to use a mix of magic and melee?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To add spoiler tags:

On desktop, highlight the text you want to hide, click the little flag icon beside the comment box, press the 'quote' symbol and select the spoiler option.

Same on mobile, but the flag icon is at the bottom of the comment box.

Like so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

plenty of videos on youtube. I watched one last night but cannot remember to be honest !! I will watch again before I start this evening. May just go for magic myself, seems it might be a bit easier, as I don't have the time or patience I had for the earlier Souls games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Got the preorder code emailed from Gamestop. I bought the PS5 version but the adventure guide is queued to download as the “PS4 Elden Ring Adventure Guide”. Also the gesture isn’t showing as queued for download. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Advertisement