Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Two Johnnies for 2fm Drive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jesus, this is bad. It's like they're doing a piss take of themselves. They've ramped up their culchieness to a 100. Even for them, it's completely farcical. And I used to listen to their podcast back in the day

Its incredibly amateurish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really liking the music so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Was just in the barbers there and they had this show on. I actually wanted to tell the fella to take a bit more off at the sides but I couldn't stomach listening to those unfunny eejits for another ten minutes.

They rang some random fella and asked him a few questions, got one word answers, no idea why this lad was part of the show..he says, 'I have to go, I have a doctor's appointment.' and that was the end of the bit, and they acted like it was the funniest thing ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Expunge

In their (or the production's) defence, it is slick enough and the music isn't too bad. I thought there'd be more f**k ups and missed cues etc. but they do seem to have put a good bit of time into practicing a double hander on live radio, before they started. I have never listened to the podcast, so maybe that's why and I do realise it's only day 2 of this show.

I was in the car with someone who had no clue about them and had them on. We heard them with a female competition winner on the phone. She laughed a bit at times and said it was grand. A bit of a laugh and some decent tunes on the way home was the verdict.

Hardly JNLR level polling here but a gut reaction from someone who just heard it for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Tuned in for a bit yesterday to see what they were like. They have hammed it up a lot for radio (was the same with their USA tv show i believe). Its not the worst and its not the misery driven depression of RTE Radio 1 which is very welcome. I wont be tuning in every day but its not the worst at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TheBMG

I’m with you on this. Not my cup of tea but based on the very little I’ve heard it sounds okay. Lads come across as decent skins. I’d still have doubts if they’ve enough material to stretch out to a five day a week show but good on them so far. I’d also suspect that 2FM are putting their best production people onto it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've heard their names, know of them but honestly couldn't pick them out of a line-up. Never heard any of their material.

Just reading about them tells me I ain't their target market, so I'll not be tuning in.

They just played a clip of a Dutch football commentary of Ajax winning the 1995 Champions League as part of their very loooong look back at the year 1995.

One of them says "We lifted dat from Tipp Mid West (radio)"

They have some cheek.... Tipp Mid West sounds like the BBC World Service compared to these lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Go on the boys, tell it like it is. None of that Dermot and dave or lottie ryan naval gazin shyte talking with American TV accents!

• Advertisement

Yes Dan, there's no fear of that. They're a credit to de parish, as they might say theirseves!

A nice change up anyway from the usual samey American accent shîte that's usually on the radio at that time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hear hear! That Dermot and dave pair should be boiled in cowshed.

Make that cowshyte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Sorolla

The secret of their success is plain and simply they are very witty.

They treat their listeners as equals and they have a very highly sophisticated humor that makes us all laugh and puts us into great form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

A horror show. Trying overly hard to get their culchiness across. Rte just cant seem to get anything right.

Why would they be "trying to get their culchiness accross ", they are culchies, proud culchies at that. Unlike dubs who think they live in a significant city. Ffs every attraction that needs to be seen in Dublin can be done in a few hours!

True they don't have that American twang of the usual supies D4 wannabes that usually frequent the radio.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

I would actually like to see these lads being a success as they are actually bringing something kinda new/fresh to late afternoon radio. The thing is, 2fm has absolutely failed horribly at every new show it has tried the past 15 years. Even shows that looked moderately successful in the jnlrs like breakfast republic and the Nicky Byrne show only were so by the show times and lengths being gerrymandered.

• Advertisement

Comedic geniuses.......these were the kind of slogans that were spread around on facebook about 12,13,14 years ago when I was a teenager in school.

Keith Walsh on his way to Tipp to have a word with them is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Workin’ the land and droppin the hand

Tyres are like women, no good unless they are squealing

If you can make a girl laugh and giggle, you can make her cheeks clap and wiggle

She’s not a princess, she’s a sl*t

Juvenile humour from the 80's that was considered harmless banter then is far from banter in this day and age.

These lads don't understand you can get away with these pathetic gags at a gig in a hall, pub or obscure podcast but on the national broadcaster they will be called out and rightly so.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The 'lads' have shot themselves in the welly already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

They are two cretins along with that one caked in makeup

They need to be careful, don't want the mob to cancel you in your 1st week on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

If the stuff which has been quoted is indicative of the quality of their output, they'll soon be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Graham Important Timer

i hate outrage mobs but i might make an exception if it got rid of these gimps

• Advertisement

Jesus, this one is going to shoite very quickly.

Fair play to Dan for doing his due diligence and picking another winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I might actually tune in this evening for a few mins just to hear how bad it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I dont think the guys are on 2FM today...wall to wall music since 3pm, no 2 Johnnies jingles

https://twitter.com/the2johnnies?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

EDIT: Laura Fox is presenting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Clarified

Post edited by bmorrissey on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Not on the radio today. I hope their not cancelled already.

• Advertisement

Seriously?

Shortest RTE career ever?

These 2 boys make me proud to be Irish once again. I was beginning to despair listeng to that lottie ryan and Dermot and Dave with their American TV accents talking shyte and watching nicki Byrne and yer wan on dancing in the stars with the fake tans and dazzling white teeth talking pure scutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RTÉ is a ferking basket case,especially 2FM.

Of course not one commissioning editor or producer will be fired for not doing the due diligence, when they all should be and the station controller too.

Absolute clown school.

Publicity stunt ?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What a joke of an organisation, they were describing car stickers they had been sent in and are now dropped. Should news reporters be dropped for reporting non PC themed stories? Will RTE drop their DJ's who are playing songs with the N word uncensored?

"More horses than Willie Mullins" was my favourite sticker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tbh I don't find the 2 lads all that funny but this is just another example of our PC culture gone mad. By all accounts they make fun of young lads on their podcast all the time. This slot the clip was from was reading out car stickers people had seen - i.e. stuff listeners sent into them. They had a fairly high profile piece on their podcast about body image sensitivity in young people too but we will always just think of something which might offend us and complain.

2fm bosses listened/had someone else listen to the majority of episodes of the podcasts and saw nothing wrong with it. I think they should be given a chance instead of just taking them off the air and giving the slot to some inane host who will tell us the weather is bad outside before playing the latest Ed Sheeran track.

I see they've apologised online so hopefully that's the end of it.

Unless I’m mistaken the show is on from 3-6pm? The evening starts at 5pm……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The show isn't on because they've been cancelled by this ridiculous generation.

The person to whom I was responding said “the”, not “this”.

Didn't 2fm fire a DJ last year due to twitter rumors ? Why bother with courts anymore if twitter is juge jury and executioner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They fired him for very good reasons.

These lads have been dropped because some politician didn't like them reading out car stickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No means a fan but I really hope they don't get cancelled over it. Everyone is always so easily offended these days

• Advertisement
Advertisement