Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

That's a epic first day there you've had there mate. My first day was a measly 0.31Kwhr (they turned it on at 3:45pm on a rainy day - LOL)

Problem of course is with so many people, it's hard to remember the names and configs from people who've posted before - so to avoid having people look up, it's generally easier for people if you post a quick 5.3Kwp (east/West) dublin etc

That aside - be prepared to start looking at met.ie a lot. Looking at your phone when you get up to see the generation. etc

Enjoy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Thanks I have added the install details to the site the poster harderthanf has setup https://www.pvstats.eu/ and also want to say thanks for your contributions to the forum. Your answers are always concise and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just got my latest electric bill for December to February.

I used 608 kW as opposed to 799 kW 12 months ago. Both bills were day/Night rates.

Reduced my night rate from 488 to 446.

Just looking at unit cost, I saved 40e which covers the Saas monthly payments for the 2 months.

3. 24kw system facing West.

That's 2 bills in a row that I've covered the repayments. I'm impressed considering it's winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Sure, it was a supplied system from the Enniskillen installers (I can PM name if you are not familiar with them). Was offered the auger or concrete block options as mounts originally. I suspected my ground was quite rocky I went with the latter. When the equipment arrived however the feet for connecting to the block were missing so went with plan b. Plan b was using the digger to cut out 8 wells in the ground, put in the vertical bars and fill them with concrete. I was lucky in that it turns out my ground wasn't so rocky. Actually happier with the result as it has been very secure (especially after days like yesterday). I do not know the exact mounting system but it looks similar to this one https://midsummer.ie/buy/sunfixings-ground-mount/park-tegra-ground-anchor.

Normally the guys offer a 345w panel (from memory) but in my case they went for 455w panels as the system supplied was geared for 16 panels and I wanted as much power as I could get (7.2Kw in the end). For reference they also installed a 6Kw Hybrid Solis inverter and 10Kw puredrive batteries.

and to bring this back to daily production, yesterday I got 12.6Kwh which considering the day we had was quite good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

20.2kWh today, and a nice curve to boot!

Exported 12kWh though as I wasn't home to use it. 😐️

• Advertisement

Yeah, a nice solid day here in Dublin 16

Few clouds rolled in around lunchtime with a bit of rain, but a new daily production record for me of 9.9Kwhr. (5.3Kwp split east/west as above)

Sadly didn't quite make it to the 10Kwhr mark, but of course better days coming for all of us! Tomorrow being one of them if the forecast is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

18.7kw today first time the batteries got to 100% charge since the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,329 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Best day of Solar PVing here too since getting the system in….

only 10.4kWh, but 5kWh of it went into the car, and about 2kWh into the battery!! and only exported 0.3kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

6kW...split even east/ west.....best day this year....👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day in Galway and best returns of the year for me - 25.1kwh. ended up giving 2 back to grid however. Looking forward to getting my DIY battery in few months as for now limited to 5KW battery.

Shame the weather in galway tomorrow is shocking though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Pretty good day in Dublin, hit 17kwh first time this year, my shed string is finally unshaded, good things from here on, even gave 1.3kwh to the scumbags, I mean I helped the planet...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

17.9 today. Currently at 7:15pm, sitting at 0 net grid purchase with 2.4kwh left in the battery.

(edit: ended up with purchasing just 0.4kWh from the grid for the day).

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Beat day of the year for me with 11.3.

Sadly I was away for a few days and hadn't reduced the overnight charge, so I exported 2.6!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Yesterday was a first for me. 10kw batteries filled up to 100% and my wallbox started putting the excess into the car. Didn't get too much however as I reached a kind of plateau near 4pm where a combination of falling sun and light cloud led to the situation where I was exporting about 1.2kw or so to the grid which apparently isn't enough for the wallbox to put into the car ( 1.38kw is the minimum)

Total for the day was 21.4Kw which wasn't bad given the variable cloud cover.

According to the Met Eireann API which has the solar irradiation levels, today should be better, and tomorrow (thurs) is looking ok too.

Looks like the sun must be skipping the West 😱 heavy rain and cloud today and tomorrow here so not looking promising for me

Bright sunshine and rain here in Dublin. It's weird, but when the sun is shining I'm getting good production (kinda obvious LOL :-) but no haze or anything.

The "Visible clouds" satellite is sort of useful too (if your planning on turning on the washing machine :)

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Good day yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Considering I had snow this morning and a few wintery showers during the day...it didn't do all that bad. Best day since I installed my system end of October last year. 6.1kWp in Cork

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Joint best day of the year again at 10.4kWh like Tuesday….. another 5kWh went into the car!! But crucially enough generation to cover the house load until 5pm!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Not bad in Dublin either as you can see estimated 14kwh and produced 20kwh in between the snow 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

bif ecomental, great stuff, have to be true S facing, super generation for Feb, super stuff

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yup - very solid generation for Feb when you think about it, sun is only 27deg above the horizon at noon!

Man it was dark and gloomy at 8:45am! But new max instantaneous output of 3003 watts for me. Yeah, yeah...I know you guys with the south facing arrarys will rock in with those 5kw+ figures......... 'wha eva!!' LOL

Tomorrow by all accounts another decent day (solar wise) on the met eireann forecast for Dublin, esp in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

18.9kWh today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

10.3 for me but give me a few months and I'll catch ye up!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Be no Solar for me tomorrow because of a planned power outage!!! And the forecast looks awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

27kWh for me today. Best day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,431 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Big numbers are a regular occurrence in the thread now. Great to see!

The February generation stats should be fairly epic…. A fair few MW at least!

• Advertisement

23.2 kWh in galway which was superb considering the met eireann forecast was for rain and no sun all day here in the West!

Advertisement