Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The recent FM station has had an RDS of ABC 80s, but the choice of username here is interesting - Dublin's ABC. As far as I can make out, the station Dublin's ABC that was on FreeDAB is the same former pirate, from 1995 to mid '00s, that is online. It can be picked up on Radio Garden among various sources. I was led to believe that the recent station broadcasting on FM as ABC 80s was a north inner city based station that went through a few different names over the last few years, including Inner City Country. The choice of username does make one wonder alright.

EDIT: I actually had a thread about Dublin's ABC last year:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

"Family FM" (any ideas?) have been awarded a temporary licence for Tallaght from March to April on 94.3 FM.

Also something called "Creative Audio" allocated 105.2 to Dublin in mid-March. Something to do with St. Patricks festival maybe?

I did a quick search and I found that Family FM are an online Christian music station.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DublinsABC

Dublin's ABC was on FreeDAB up until Jan and we then put KISS DAB on instead on the DAB network as its more Top-40/Hits and gets a good reaction...ABC 80's is mine as well and was online from the early 2000's on line and now we are on 94.1 all going well ..Weekend radio just to keep the hand in

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

96FM & C103 off air from Nowen Hill after the storm. There’s a lot of ESB network damage around there which may be a reason for it. Relays in Kinsale, Bantry and Macroom also affected.

4FM & RedFM on 95.4/104.5 are working as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 robertmcgivney

Any idea where to find the playlist for Galaxy fm? Have looked around and found nothing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Both now back on air from Nowen Hill. Macroom relay also back on, along with 96.8 from Kinsale but not 103.0 for some reason.

I notice that RTÉ services are also off air from Kilkeveragh in west Kerry. 96.2 Radio Kerry and Newstalk 107.8 seek unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

are you looking for their stream, or the music played on the station?

from what i can gather they just relay other stations bar when there is a live show on.

the stream link is http://s25.myradiostream.com:15728/listen.pls but it only works the odd time, as in when there is the odd live show and even then it's not guaranteed to be on.

playlists are not published anywhere and there is no social media.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robertmcgivney

Yea was hoping they might have their music playlist live somewhere. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Nearer the city 96.0, 103.5, 104.2 were off on Friday until sometime past 8PM when assume power was restored. All 3 are hosted at the same site (ex-SCTV) since a few years ago when the 96.0 and 103.5 also relocated there. 

Transmitters being off might of course give an opportunity to receive more distant ones usually inaudible (such as classic hits on 104.2 for Limerick)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

I see Classic hits is on 94.1 in north Dublin just added in recent days

Classic Hits 94.1

Q102 98.4

Nova 101.1

Fm104 101.4

Spin 103.5

Sunshine 106.6

Was ABC 80s on 94.1 over the weekend and was there any clash with Classic Hits anywhere on the northside? I'm guessing that Classic Hits can only be picked up on 94.1 in north Co. Dublin, i.e. Swords, Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Lusk and areas between, and not so much in other areas, and that ABC 80s' reach is not that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Nothing heard on 94.1 over the weekend however 80s music heard on 94.3 in Temple bar and various locations on Dublin Northside with no RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Getting 94.1 in Drogheda. Not as strong as from Three Rock but still in stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

What an absolute utter waste of electricity - there is NOTHING wrong with the Three Rock signals in Balbriggan.

Just another frequency-hogging exercise to keep the dreaded 'pirates' off the air. HOW MANY FM frequencies do Newstalk and Spirit actually require for instance??

I heard that station on 94.3 FM on Saturday around the southside. That's not ABC 80s. It is the station that sometimes relays Charity Radio on weekends, but on some occasions, such as last weekend, it relays online station All Eighties. Another post mentioned that there will be a temporary licensed station from Tallaght on 94.3 FM in March. It will be interesting to see what happens then.

We were on and got out fairly well ..Heard Classic hits on 94.1 not getting into city centre but can be heard in Finglas and Howth will have to have a look and see what to do..Meant to be only a local filler on 94.1 but gets out

Absolute pain in the hole if trying to listen to Downtown or Cool on FM where the DAB is weak

• Registered Users Posts: 4 radiomanmobile

What's happening with 2fm it's gone really bad all the presenters are bad

Bring back the Old 2fm from 10 years ago. changing DJs like the weather

• Advertisement

I notice that Ukraine have re-activated their MW transmitter (which had been switched off) on 549kHz

They have obviously realised how fickle web streaming can be in an emergency

BBC World Service increased its hours last night as well with a new slot on 5875kHz for Ukraine. 8-10pm our time.

DAB and web streaming are next to useless in those types of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Dublin stuff heard in Dundrum village just now.

Early start to the weekend for Energy AM on 1395. They’re up and at ‘em already.

93.3 ABC 80s

98.4 90s Network

Quite poor conditions but I did notice Midlands 103 overpowering the 103.5 Spin relay in Balbriggan.

Are you sure about 93.3 FM for ABC 80s? It's an unusual frequency. 93.2 FM has been used by some stations in recent years. I know that last weekend ABC 80s were on 94.1 FM. Would it be 94.3 FM which has been used by the "oldies collective", relaying All Eighties amongst others? I haven't been scanning much so far today so I can't be sure.

We are testing on 93.3 .2 away from R na G (93.1 and 93.5) ...94.1 was great until a filler was put on it for Classic Hits and I can get it in city centre will only cause trouble if tx was there so here's hoping all will be well on 93.3

93.3 is sounding well in the city centre yesterday with RDS displayed.

By manually tuning in, I managed to pick it up around the southside. The reception was not great out Dublin 16 way or further south-east.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

iRadio have been off air from 104.7 (Saggart) for at least a few days. Contacted them but no reply.

The BBC online website is now restricted in Russia.

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any increase in AM broadcasting eastwards in the next few months. Radio Caroline may have to vacate 648 AM again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Glaceon

There probably isn't a TX in Orfordness for them to use anymore. The old 600kW AEG-Telefunken rig was scrapped. But this does show how moving everything online can have major downsides.

Advertisement