Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Deck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You could cancel and then order in a few months if finance changes. But I would hold off until the last minute.

I've been putting €100 a month onto my Steam account. Will be paid for before shipping and I won't notice the chunk of change leaving the account at Christmas.

Steam Deck Launch has slipped by 2 months. If you are in the first batch it won't now be ready until Feb 2022 at the earliest.

I'm in Q2 anyway so now I guess it will be the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Valve Time™

TBF, probably expected given the state of things at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Reservation changed from Q2 to After Q2 😔. There goes my slim hope of Q2 meaning April. I had hoped that the wait times would get shorter after launch, but it looks like its only going in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

A month away is not 'almost here', Valve.

Thankfully, the world in general doesn't use Musk time units.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nice, that's payday for me. I'm still in Q1 so hopefully should be in the first batch. Really excited to get my hands on it now.

Good to see that shipping is included in the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

checked mine still says after q2 :(

I was never given a shipping date, so it was probably a first batch order.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Really wish I had jumped on this when I first heard about it. My after Q2 shipping will be a long wait!

• Advertisement

There's a big Steam sale on at the moment so might be worth stocking up for when the Steam Deck arrives. I haven't had a gaming PC for four of five years now so there's plenty to catch up on for peanuts.

Worth checking out on https://www.protondb.com/ how each individual games works under Proton on Linux.

I have now found an actual date - Q2. I presume that means sometime after April 1. Not what I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know how to cancel your order? I tried through the refund page but that was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

I love the look of this, haven’t had a PC in ages and don’t have the room for one so threw down a deposit on it just to get myself in the queue. I’ll definitely have enough time for others to give impressions over the next couple of months before deciding!

God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn now Steam Deck verified. Looks like we might be getting a new Vita after all :)

Looking really, really promising. Seems to be outperforming devices that are double it's price. I'm getting excited now.

Getting excited about this. My Steam account has been sitting idol for the last two years. I just can't sit at the same desk for 10+ hours a day for work, and then sit there again for gaming in the evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wouldn't be an early adopter in general, so if the Deck trends in the right direction re. support, patching and overall customer enthusiasm, my Switch may yet get pushed into the cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The issues with Forza Horizon raise a few alarm bells. I think if there are big emulation inconsistencies like that across many games that could be a big deal. But the hardware sounds impressive, so curious to hear the 'full' reviews when they drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I am the same , I don't mind console gaming but the thought of sitting at a desk again to game after spending a full day of it not for me,

Saying that a lot of colleagues of mine do it and they don't mind but I find sitting and playing on a tv is enough of a seperation.

Really hope I get this before June as I am emigrating am q2 so gonna light a few candles it arrives april or May

Streaming will be my main go to for those bigger games that need power.

Gamepass, Stadia, Geoforce now, and Steam link all working day one.

I got a Samsung 512gb that is being recommended for the Steam Deck at a really good price at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anybody q1 here and get a notifcation for payment?

q2 myself but I got in fairly early around 10 minutes.

Notifications won't be going out until around 6pm Irish time - same time the coverage embargo lifts. I'm Q1 and really keeping my fingers crossed I'm in the first wave because if it's like the Index launch, they'll be sending out emails every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm in peasant class, with a "post Q2" estimate. I need a bunch of Q1 people to have liquidity issues. :)

I was looking at the Aya Neo Pro as a temporary toy, but looks like I wouldn't get that until Q2 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Got my email for the 256 version. I won't be getting it but if someone would like to use this order send me a message and we can try to arrange something that works.

No email for me, slightly gutted. Pre-orders went live at 6:00pm and my receipt for that order was timed-stamped at 6:01pm but it's another wait now.

• Advertisement

Advertisement