Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I think the Snowtown case was taken down recently. Maybe they're doing an expanded series on it, or maybe there was some inaccuracies or something.

EDIT: Apparently someone made a complaint about some references to the LGBTQIA community. You can still find it on Internet Archive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭maebee

I started to listen to it today but there were so many warnings about murder, sexual assault, mutiliation, torture, suicide, animal cruelty. I gave it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

The film about Snowtown is on Youtube by god its a tough tough watch things were definitly not simple for the individuals involved.

Is this about Snowtown? Its a tough listen however there was one released about the same time as Snowtown and i found it tougher listen too, it had court recordings and crimes were commited by a mother against her children iirc.

Better living everyone

Just listened to

Case 197: The Austrian Ripper

the other day.

That is one crazy story and very much exposes the liberal rehabilitation fallacy that just doesn't work in the case of complete fcuking psychopaths!

That was a crazy one alright. Casefile's content in the second part of 2021 was really really good.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't say all good - they improved from a low enough bar and had some good content but I would say that they lost a fair few listeners during that extended "trough" period.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

I listened to the Jonestown trilogy lately….it was excellent, I learned lots that I didn’t previously know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

They didn’t know he was a psychopath when they released him. Consequently he had never been treated for his disorder, so it is hardly surprising that he worsened.

Just bad luck because he wasn’t as dumb as they had considered him to be.

but it's not just "bad luck", far from it.

he was released early on parole from a life sentence by campaigns and pressure from self-satisified "Eamon Ryan" cafe shite-talker self-stlyed soft-talking "intellectual" Vienna equivalents after Unterweger managed to pen some prison-time drivel scribblings.

The Viennese cafe-slurping gobshites didn't consider him "dumb" at all but rather a paradigm of rehabilitation who should be released early so that he could join their ranks (and he did slurp with the best of them and spout rubbish on suitable talking-head tv shows also) as an "auteur" worthy of consideration.

his subsequent rehabilitation into Austrian society by the Viennese cafe intellectuals who campaigned for his early release, leading to a pardon from the president at the time, Kurt Waldheim.

So whereas during the time that he would and should have remained locked up, save for the "good and great" of the cafe-society "intellectual" set (massive Dunning-Kruger sufferers as it turned out), bould Jack went on to rack up 11 kills across different continents in the 3 years of early-release time that he had on his hands before being finally caught. if he had gone on to serve, as he should a longer sentence he would have been a less physical threat to women when he finally got out and certainly less capable in his favoured method of strangulation.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Of course he should have remained locked up, but he also should have been diagnosed and treated adequately. He wasn’t at the time, and the combination of incompetence and social justice warrior campaigns offered him a ticket out. It’s not like anyone wanted him out to cull prostitutes in the streets.

It was a very good and informative episode.

Yesterday I listened to Case 171, The Gladbeck Hostage Crisis. What the actual f*ck were the German police thinking of?? I thought they were supposed to be super efficient! Quite incredible what the media were allowed to do. Here’s a good clip I found on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/MXyqViwwWw0

Post edited by Schindlers Pissed on

Big and well-known case out this week! A four-parter as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah seen it in downloads on Saturday, I didn't even start it, feel its so over done. Was quite disaapointed after such a long break to come back with that one. Zodiac if anyone hasnt see it, you don't need to be a patreon, first episode is out free. I might wait until they all drop, but wasn't too enthused.

Listened to some of the first Zodiac episode - a bit all over the place I found in the way that it's presenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

The Truro Murders one was excellent I thought as well.

I listened to case 122 the other day, Louise Bell….very interesting, lots of twists and turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Is Casey presenting it in different tones at times too? Also three bloody ad breaks (so far in what ive listened to it)

Yes very well done indeed, listened to felons one about it before but had forgotten the most part of it. Spent a good while in Adelaide and South Australia too, made the case a very visual one for me

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Late to this Podcast, just listened to one of the early episodies (just plucked a case I had a vague knowledge of -Wells and Chapman case) and sounds great.

loads of episodes, can anyone recommend episodes, or a top ten list! I see some Irish cases on it too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Tina Watson

daniel Morcombe (hard listen but some police work)

Jennifer Pan

they come to mind as Casefile at its best for me off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

The Butcher Baker

Daniel Morcombe

The Woman without a face

Gladbach Hostage crisis

Nicholas Barclay

Yosemite Sightseer murders

Hinterkaifeck

Belangelo

Peter Nielsen

Lesley Molseed

Port Arthur

Weepy voice killer

The somerton man.

Listen to any of them and you won't go wrong IMO.

I listened to episode 50 on my walk yesterday and today, Jennifer Pan. A really good listen…it included the original call to 911 and excerpts from police interviews. Very good.

I listened to The Strip Search Hoax yesterday.....you’d have to wonder about the boyfriend of the manageress.....was he “just following orders” or was he as bad as the freak who was making the calls.

Not sure why but Casefile Number 28 Lindsay Buziak always stuck with me.

Great episode imo, one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have to say I didn't really enjoy the Zodiak four parter. I'm not really sure why, it was almost too detailed for me and my mind ended up wandering during a lot of it.

Much better this week, awful story wasn’t at all familiar with it.

Just listened to it yesterday crazy stuff was not expecting it.

Thought that CASE 205: BERND BRANDES was excellently written imo

Original way to tell a story, especially from the two perspectives, which you wouldn't have thought would have worked well for a podcast

Great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Has there ever been an Irish story of murder on Casefile?

Advertisement