Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Was texting a few old colleagues that have been working in the Ukraine for the last year or so. German friend was sent home a few weeks ago, one Irish friend still there, think he likes the drama!

JK, hope everything is ok with you 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching the news and listening to the reports of Putins actions overnight, it's frightening. Makes me think of our grandparents /great grandparents listening attentively to the Wireless all those years ago at the beginning of WW1,WW2. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah. I've noticed my hand washing has shown me up. . When I get home from the shop etc , I the 1st thing I do since the pandemic, is wash my hands with soap and warm water.

The dirt that comes off my 'clean' hands!!. I never used to do that before. Now I do it like a doctor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, trying to get some work done but having zero concentration ahead of my appointment at my GP later this afternoon. Very anxious - but it needs to be done.

Thank you so much everyone for sending me all the good wishes and good vibes - yis are all a big hearted bunch! 💕❤️❤️💕🥰🥰👍👍👍 I will keep you posted.

Also absolutely saddened and in horror - and anger - at the Russian invasion of the Ukraine which we all knew was coming as the despotic tyrant Putin shows the world that he cannot be reasoned with or appeased and intends to ignite a potentially huge war in Eastern Europe for his own ends - basically a flagrant attempt to grab back the former USSR states. Frightening, alarming and depressing in equal measure. 😥😓😥🥺🥺🤬🤬😡 We ignore the threats and demands of despots such as Vladimir Putin and others at our peril - history has taught us this again and again.

Thinking of the people of Ukraine at this very worrying time. 🙏

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Here’s a picture of a dog loving the snow this morning 🥰

Thinking of you JK ❤️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thinking of you JK.

It's been a tough day. The news from Ukraine is weighing heavily on my mind, as are worries for a really lovely friend of mine here who seems to have gotten herself caught up in someone else's problems and may pay a big price for it. Barely slept last night with loads of nightmares about her situation becoming part of my life.

At least my application for residency has been completely filed and now I just need to wait for 10 days to get my temporary permit and then the full one will arrive hopefully not long after that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At gp again. More pain relief incoming then pain clinic next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Work office.......went home at 12 as class was doing a course.......arrived home and started to get a list of jobs off herself so I thought feck that I'm going back into work......sitting here now supping coffee and no whinging.......too old now to be listening to whinging

Sausage and chips here this cold evening .

Onion rings were consumed this evening 👍

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Basket of sausages and chips winging it's way to Cork @Sephiroth_dude ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually made some here this evening too in the air fryer. Not something I'd usually make but they were fabulous.

I'm feeling really helpless watching the news and the interviews with people from Ukraine. I can't even imagine their fear and pain.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fire blazing here and heat on full tilt! Still fecking chilly. Gonna get the hot water bottles ready soon. Sausage and chips, onion rings and chips....all great food with beans and bread and butter! You just can't beat it! I'm on a meal tonight of roast chicken breast (on the bone) with mash, peas, mushrooms and mushroom sauce. The skin off after cooking just to trigger peeps.😀

Having a beer before it and looking at the war and still thinking that after two tears of Covid we are back to yet another example of humanity that would shock the spaceships out of Aliens. They'd be out of their crazy green brains to ever visit us.

Watching 'the Yorkshire ripper , the secret murders ' . I'm after watching episode 1. So far 3 men have spent 20+ years in prison for crimes they had nothing to do with. Even though at in at least 1 of them the DCS in charge was convinced he had nothing to do with it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Health update: the doc checked the lump and thinks it’s almost certainly a benign cyst and not cancerous. Was in tears with relief afterwards but I’ll be having a scan in the Bon Secours over the next 10 days to confirm his belief.

In other news, tonight my OH and myself mark the 21st anniversary of when we first met back in 2001. 💕🥰💕

Where did all those years in between go? We went out for dinner - to mark the anniversary and to give me a big lift after the doc visit which has put my mind much more at ease. 🤗

Thank you all so much for thinking of me. 💕❤️🌈👍👍 xx

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Make sure he spoils you JK 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@JupiterKid hugs and kisses, wonderful news..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Good morning Wherers

@JupiterKid hope you had a nice evening and fingers crossed the scan confirms the cyst. So sorry to hear about the level of pain you have been dealing with @Gremlinertia

Pain and work drama aside we are knocked sideways by the war in Ukraine. All men in my sister in laws family are now engaged in the reserve. Other family members are sheltering towards the west of the country. It’s a wait and see situation but one thing we have been discussing is trying to get them through the border to Poland and on a flight to Ireland. The requirement for visas for them was dropped yesterday. It’s a huge thing but we just can’t standby. When you see the parents saying goodbye to their children my heart breaks…

In other news we had a wedding anniversary this week.. Love is the thing ❤️ Stay safe and well one and all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Onion Rings & Taco Chips were consumed by me last night!

Ooh taco chips , there's an idea for tonight, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Rented a car and went sightseeing, started with an airfield fly-in which was fun, then followed google maps to a place that rather than a historical city turned out to be a contemporary art show, met some great people throughout the day and spend so much time chatting. I love these no BS rent a car by APP companies :):)

Le trundle time.. Didn't have net on all day, much to catch up with..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Gremlinertia leave it turned off and enjoy the night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Watching the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix while having a few cans.

Trying to distract myself from thinking about the hell a friend is currently going through and I can do nothing to help her.

Oh and there seems to be a feckin war somewhere too.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A brilliant documentary about one serious egotist. Enjoy the cans and Albania. I'm sure it's improved since I was there briefly in the early 90s.

All wired up now, such is life!. I'll ignore the bad bits 😉

🍭

• Advertisement

Pick your moments and your people with you. NAY to energy vampires!

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

Advertisement