Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Something I didn't think to do for ages was to reallocate my flasks so I have 4 healing instead of 3 and 1 for magic. If you aren't using FP it's a good idea to do that as it doesn't cost anything and can be reversed any time you sit and rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just past the tutorial (thanks for the tip for Vagabond to unequip halberd for the quick roll. Used my starting gift just passed the tutorial section - Chariot spoiler.

Thought the black knights were bastards but did not expect to get caught by the chariot at the very bottom when it turned and came my way instead of going back up the hill. Had to laugh at that death.

I expect troll messages in the game like "try jumping off..hehehehehe" but I did not expect them here. No fall damage my hole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just a quick tip

For anyone who used the key to open the chariot dungeon at the start, if you fall down immediately at the bridge bit you land with two cat like blood loss assassins, from there and timely dodging the fire you can sprint past two giant monsters and pick up a erdtree branch talisman that will boost, HP, FP and equip load.

fairly handy early on in the game. I found it by complete fluke when I dropped off at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks! 😁

Not many posts today I see - everyone else stuck in work too eh? Or maybe too busy playing to be posting. 😀 Have my product key waiting to be redeemed later tonight, rare I get excited about a new game but looking forward to this one actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Off this week, so played a bit last night and then got back into it today. Taking it pretty slow so far - I'm maybe 7 hours in, and I'm only just now getting up to Stormveil castle. There's just so much to explore, and I've still only been across half of Limgrave I'd say. You can go up there quick enough if you want though, I guess that's the beauty of a game like this.

Then I went down to the peninsula at the bottom thinking it would be small enough, but that's alot bigger than I'd expected too. There are secrets and hidden dungeons all over, there's a great sense of exploration there when it's not all plastered across the map.

I could probably have spent alot longer exploring those areas but I want to crack on with the story a little bit at this stage! I've come across a couple of mad things too which I'll probably come back to later.

Playing a bit on my breaks, i spent 30 minutes at that fecking chariot, decided to come back to it later. Wondered around the first open area, had an epic nope nope nope moment i had to leg from which I'm so gladbi didn't know about. Found a cave and killed the boss first go, definitely handier than regular souls bosses. Having equal measure of "wow this is class" to"FFFUUUUUUUUU".

@notahappycamper

The adventure guide is same for both versions, it looks the same on my PS5.

You'll get the gesture when you start the game in the intro area

You can use the keys in the lower levels of Roundtable nexus Hold , I feel like I kind of wasted them as I had no use of what there

First door has a chest with a crossbow, and behind the second is a book of spells you can give to the guy upstairs.

• Advertisement

That's my biggest worry on one time use keys but sure 1st playthroughs are for trial and error, 2nd playthrough is for the guides and OP builds :)

Happy with my Vagabond build so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was thinking of picking the Golden Flask or medallion as my starting keepsake and will try the Vagabond too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Chose the prisoner but the etsoc is terrible. Need to find something better for a Dex build.

Currently in the middle of stormvale castle. Place is huge.

Enjoying it so far, nice mix of open world and small cave/dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Went with Hero and I'm loving it, the stamina I have is awesome I can spam attacks ha.

2hours in: Went out of first area (didn't use any key) and proceed to go to the backyard... started to explore...opened the first chest at the ruin (underground dungeon) and then I get teleported to some end game area I think lol. Got a nice gold leaf from this trip to hell and I'm trying to get out of here - I'm so far away from the world tree😂😂😂

Overall - open world souls - the enemies varieties are the highest I have seen in any souls game. And ye this is more DS1 to me actually. Scary and funny at times, yes I'm having a good time aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I got teleported too. They changed that dungeon from the beta so I was very surprised lol. Fecking nasty area they sent me to

Yep this also happened me with the teleportation - into a mine over at the end of the map where I was clearly out of my depth. Ran out and it looked like literal hell, red sky and all. I gtfo straight away.

Just happened to me, I thought mimics were bad. I was carrying 10k in glory at the time too queue Benny Hill music as I fled for my life. Found a site of grace and spent them.

Actually the mine it self is pretty dangerous but the area outside while they can hit hard they can also have their stance broken in 3 hits. If you follow the shore to the left to a building there is a nice item. Easy to fast travel back to the mine and run out and nab it.

lmao 4hours in I get to the first grace cutscene with the maiden Ahaha glorious

managed to kill an optional boss and some unique foes, ya definitely with Benny hill music. I couldn't upgrade any stats as well so the fun is real ha

• Advertisement

Finally unlocked the foal, what a great mechanic but is there an easier way to summon him than selecting the ring from pressing down and then square to use? I like to have my health flask on hand. I think the only other easy is putting in the pouch and pressing triangle + direction?

Fought the fella who jumps down near the maiden rest spot. Beat him and rested Again thinking he's one of those enemies that doesn't respawn but there he was, sitting up on the wall waiting for me again. Great fight though.

Yeah the whistle is handier to put in the pouch imo so you can access it quickly every time. I have it mapped to triangle + up on the d pad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭McFly85

Thank you for this! The amount of times I went to get on Torrent and then I’d use use a flask(or vice versa) was getting on my nerves!

As for the rest of it, its really, really fantastic. The world is stunning, the new mechanics are well done while keeping the classic souls formula. Went with Hero for the high stamina and I’m building his dexterity mostly.

Got to the first boss and got absolutely lamped so going back out to explore!

Actually using the item I mentioned here now when I can and it's better than anything of it's kind in the game so far. I'd go as far as saying it's worth going out of your way for.

This item in question is :

Rotten Stray Ashes summon, seems to have a lot more health on it's own compared to Lone Wolf trio.

Did you try dropping down again in this area and running down the ramp? I'm there now and fighting a boss, I think I shouldn't be here just yet😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I love that by exploring and discovery something I did in another tiny dungeon made beating the main boss's at the castle so much easier.

Brilliant game design.

Jez, Fia is mad for the cuddles.

Had to give up on he boss as I was only able to get him down to 50% health and then I'd lose my timing and get destroyed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will you go now and try to level up a bit before coming back to them ?

• Advertisement

Probably explore around a bit and then try again.

Advertisement