Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

I think part of me just got use to keinster wrapping up bonus points early.

Its just unusual to see a game!

Alaalatoa has been a good signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Leinster did well for that maul and to get the score.

Half the Leinster pack offside there right in front of the ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Penny special immediately after coming on.

• Advertisement

Of course it was Penny to get the score

All looks a little better now.

Huge 60 seconds from TOB

ToB with the midas touch tonight!

Poor Harry really can’t get a run of games without getting injured.

• Advertisement

Penalty count is huge against leinster tonight. Giving the ref lots of reason to ping us

He looked like he bruised a rib in the first quarter after going into heavy contact. Must not have eased off.

Ross Byrne and Osbourne put in impressive defensive performances, going up against much bigger players and not giving gainline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Shehal

Christ the Lions are terrible, its got to the point where Leinster are almost handing them opportunities to score and they still cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I would very much like us to stop knocking the ball on.

Deserved player of the match for Tommy O'Brien, probably his best game in blue.

Deserved MoTM award for Tommy O'Brien.

Overall however this was another concerning performance from Leinsters second string. The Emirates Lions are not a good side. A bonus point win in any game isn't a right, but it's something that Leinster sides of seasons past would have racked up in a perfunctory manner.

There has been a definite decline in the performance this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lions 9 was the best player on the pitch tonight

Leinster working very hard to frustrate the Lions and our pack are fronting up reasonably well. Lot of negativity but this has been a pretty good contest in my view!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Shehal

Finally, only took them til the 78th minute to get the memo!

Once Leinster got their 3rd try they completely lost their way in the rest of the match.

I thought the 3rd home match in a row they would be motoring a bit more but same limp performance again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Perhaps one too many offloads from Leinster but I'm liking the ambition hopefully it clicks in the business end of the season.

Joe McCarthy had a brilliant game, strong tackling and savage carrying in heavy contact.

Yup - looks a very good prospect. Lock is definitely one of those positions where you really don't get the best out of yourself until well into your career but he actually was impressive when it came to the nuts and bolts of clearing bodies, getting to breakdowns and slowing down opposition ball. Seems fairly athletic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

Joe McCarthy was incredible. He carried brilliantly and was still flying off the line making tackles in the 78th minute

Should have got MOTM for me, but TOB was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It wasn't a great performance last night, but I thought Lionwere better than I expected. They weren't brilliant but they had good cohesion and were composed and relatively organised. All the other teams are reduced by the 6N but Lions were a pretty much full strength team so you'd expect that cohesion.

It was a win, and I'll take it. TOB was very good. I think Harry Byrne should have come off when he got injured. I thought he was quiet after the injury. Max o Reily was good value, even if a mixed bag.

Loved Leinster's preference to keep the ball alive. There were a couple of dodgy offloads but in general it was great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I think Leinster’s season really starts from now. Very tough run of games coming up in URC, with many of them away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Lsdrugbyfan

unless there is a drastic improvement leintser arent winning anything this year

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

If only there were a few more players to come back into the squad from somewhere who might make a slight difference to our standards…..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Juventu4

Does anybody know if Jack Dunne has signed for Exeter or is it still just rumors? Was sitting near the sidelines yesterday and he is a very big man, that size is needed when playing the Saffer clubs who offer a different threat than the other URC clubs. Though the scrum looked more steady when he replaced Toner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Thst team that played last night won't win any tournaments, that much is true. But, y'know, that's not the leinster team thst will compete in the latter stages of tournaments.

Advertisement