Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

4 ukranian aircraft transitting through Poland at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yes, I'd guess they are securing assets out of Russian reach. Those for are two ANTONOV An-26's and two ANTONOV An-32 Sutlej (water bombers).

Their MODE-S transponders appeared to be hidden until they were over the Polish border. Godspeed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I was tracking a Russian military aircraft earlier which looked like it was heading to the Belarus capital but reports(on twitter) are coming in that one was shot down within the hour around Kyiv. I wonder if it was the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I can’t even find the plane I was tracking on playback now.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

There is currently a USAF UH-60 callsign DUKE48 north of LVIV routing east like its coming out of Ukrainian airspace. Interesting to know what that was at.

Correction, it's flying just inside the border of Poland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ryanair doing transatlantic again

Interesting one coming out of France now.

It's an older lady - an ATLA BREGUET Atlantic which departed from the naval Base Aeronauticque in Lorient and looks to be heading for a Mediterranean deployment. It's a 1965 sting-tail reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare platform with a big glass viewing window in the nose-cone.

Try that flight without a reclining seat and bright-yellow head-rests. You'd need sedation on arrival at your 'far from destination' airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

NATO's AWACS drawing circles and 8's near Ukrainian border:

Suddenly appeared that Aeroflot's flight to Paris cannot really get there:

First thing that came to my mind was old Pink Floyd song "Nobody's Home":

I've got a strong urge to fly. But I've got nowhere to fly to (Fly to... fly to... fly to...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

🇪🇺⚡EU airspace will be closed both for passenger flights from Russia and for private jets - the head of the European Commission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

The massive Ukrainian aircraft AN-225 burned out.one of a kind I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Unfortunately, the AN225 was completely destroyed in an attack. Sad to see the end of an era and goodbye to the largest aircraft.

Yes indeed. That placement of the E-3 Sentry appears to have been strategic as there are almost continuous flights into Rzeszow civilian airport of C-17 Globemasters and other heavy-lifts from Germany, Turkey and the UK. Rzeszow is only 99.7km to the Ukranian border, & 726km to Kiev. Even at the moment there is a German AIRBUS A-400M which stopped off in Slovenia (also an NATO member) lining up to land at Rzeszow.

Good catch with the Aeroflot to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Seen a Ryanair from Dublin to Faro divert to France on FR24 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

AC44 Vancouver to Delhi took a sharp right north of Ireland, diverting into DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

SU7236 Aeroflot to Verona was on hold over Greece/Turkey due to being refused entry. Looks to be going somewhere else now.

Surely the plane knew before it took off that it would be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

2 Air Canadas DEL->DUB currently over Turkey. Is this to avoid Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Yes, but they will try and see if one can be slipped in in error.

This would be a propaganda coup if they could achieve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Looks like its a fuel issue

YVR to DEL is an up and over the pole flight so if you can't go through Russia, you got to go south through Turkey and you won't have enough gas to make it home even on a 787

Dublin is probably a lot more flexible than say LHR/CDG/FRA about accommodating this kind of flight, possibly need a crew change as well as its two 8 hour legs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Russian plane from Moscow to Bratislava early in the morning. Due to depart from there tomorrow.

Would love to know the terms under which that flight path was allowed? Watched a commercial aircraft yesterday coming from Moscow heading for Verona getting turned around off the Greek coast and after a couple of different holding patterns landed at Istanbul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Slovakia have said that was carrying fuel for a nuclear power plant and was granted and exemption

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Air Canada 787 from Delhi inbound Dub. Diversion?

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

What's going on here? They're hardly doing aerial surveys at night..

They could possibly be using ground penetrating radar which works anytime of the day maybe they are doing it now because it is a clear night and at least here in Mayo it's relatively calm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Agreed on the seat and headrests - but hard disagree old trope about "far from destination".

I'm taking FR to Beauvais in a few weeks because it's far more convenient to where I need to be than either CDG or ORY. It's also a quarter of the price. As ever, just my €19.99 plus taxes and charges.....

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Does anyone know whats happening in ORK? FR is diverting to SNN now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Heres a random Boeing 777-2U8(ER) just arrived into Rzeszow on the Ukranian border from Shannon. From random forums, the only operator of this plane type is Omni air who from time to time do runs for the US military .

Now.... if this is an extra range aircraft with 15,000 km range or more, why do they stop at Shannon ? California to Rzeszow is <10,000km. Is it a glorified pish stop, more for the benefit of the humans on board than a necessity because of lack of range of the airplane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

It left Shannon just after 6 this morning.

The Shannon stops are mainly for crew changes.

Advertisement