Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

Is it actually Monday the regulations lapse, or 00:00:01 Tuesday AM?

Yes in busy Shops/public transport.

Hold on a second. You quote me, create your own statement about hysteria, and then laud your own statement?

And you're the one being dismissive of what other people do, not me. People will generally go with what's easiest. Some people care about covid, others care to oblige the signs in businesses, and others like yourself, care not to.

There's nothing of hysteria in my post. Nothing. TBH the only hysteria I've seen is by people claiming hysteria in others.

I went for a walk in my hometown earlier today, and almost everyone was wearing a mask, even walking around on the streets. Perhaps it's different in your area. I honestly don't care in the slightest. As long as they keep a bit of a distance from me, and not push their choices on to me.

Let's make this obvious since I get the feeling that you'll see an attack whatever I might say. I genuinely don't give a flying F if you wear a mask or not. I will continue to do so around others because it makes logical sense (as per my earlier reasons) to do so. You don't want to? That's your choice. Notice that I'm not insulting your choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭User1998

No

Over 99% of schools and universities would have no student deaths either. Nothing to do with masks or vaccines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How did you figure that out?

No

I was in a shopping centre earlier and was one of very few people without a mask. I got a few dirty looks that were almost enough to make me put one on, that and the uncomfortable feeling of being the odd one out. In the end I didn't but it was a strange enough experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

No

I will definitely drop the masks from Monday, hopefully for good. However I think a majority of people will continue to wear them from Monday onwards, at least for a few weeks. Mainly because it will take a few weeks for people to drop them and people don't like to feel like they are sticking out. I'm expecting a lot of dirty looks on Monday. I also think a lot of businesses, especially retail will continue to force their staff to wear masks and in some cases will insist customers must wear them. Interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No

I'm 30 and I do feel people my age will give up wearing masks fairly fast.

Once the previous restrictions were lifted people were fairly fast to go back out to clubs and pubs in my experience.

Similar the shops removed stickers, floor markings, signs, telling people to stay apart, even screens etc fairly fast.

I'm still lost buddy, but I'm glad you've managed to post gif.

• Advertisement

No

I've noticed a few shops have their stickers gone all right.

This time last year the Covid landscape was very different for us. Now we are truly at the end, of restrictions at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I voted for yes in busy situations but if you are the kind of person who wears it under their nose/chin then you might as well vote no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

That would certainly include the majority of people from my experience.

We will see now many are actually committed to it/genuinely still anxious as opposed to tokenism/virtue signalling or "only because it's required" next week.

Personally I reckon by next Saturday night they'll be the exception not the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

No

Great to see so many do good-ers here masking up. Well done I say. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can I ask you a direct question, do you consider yourself a do-gooder?

I'm curious, if not, if you have an aversion to people who display empathy and concern/consideration for others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

This must be one of the most stupid posts I've ever read .

And yet you are on another thread accusing a poster of a personal attack and here you are posting this stupid question to those who have said they'll continue to wear a mask .

Quite frankly its obvious ,,it's none of your business what mask they want to wear ,and it won't affect you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭bikeman1

No

I was in the Pavillions in Swords and Blanch yesterday, so a good busy Saturday trading time. No mask on, as I have been doing since our saviour Tony said at last that they are not needed (As I can remind them that the CMO doesn’t recommend them).

Definitely got a few strange looks. One man of a similar age was staring me out of it as if I had two heads! There was a good number not wearing them.

The sheep will be along in a few weeks and realise that the poorly fitted piece of cloth on their faces is actually doing very little.

There’s still loads of people doing the little mask dance in restaurants and bars too! Put them on, take them off, put them on take them off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I had a bad cold and cough last week . It wasn’t Covid as all tests negative plus i had Covid at Christmas

i was glad I was wearing a mask and even when restrictions are lifted I will continue to do so if I have a cold again . Just maybe it prevented someone from not getting my cold while I was shopping or in the chemist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No, stopped wearing one weeks ago and my anxiety is all the better for it. Some people don't mind wearing them but I honestly couldn't stick them and was really uncomfortable.

People want to wear them still that's fine, I wish no one did after Monday as they will still be a visual reminder that people just can't move on but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nope. Was out in Dublin yesterday/last night. No one wearing masks anymore. Pubs absolutely jammed too. The whole city actually.

• Advertisement

Bollox it will be the owners/management fear of the virus at heart. If you deny someone entry to your business from tomorrow for not wearing a mask, that is discrimination and that sir is breaking the law.

Nope, it is not.

Refusing someone entry because they won't wear a mask when it's not law? It absolutely is.

Discrimination?? Nope.

Nice. I can tell you there is nothing worse for me to have to work, while being sick. 99% of time spent in work I'm outside. Physically it's hard job. So personally, if I can avoid any unnecessary infection, I'm all up for mask wearing, when peeps are sick. Or mask wearing to avoid being infected. In my opinion it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

No

Went to an event in a hall and saw quite a few people in the lobby not wearing them so decided to be part of the vanguard and not wear one myself. Once inside the hall most adults were masked but this included masks hanging below chins, being removed for eating snacks, etc, plus there were a lot of unmasked kids & teenagers moving around. It did feel a bit risque not wearing one, but at the same time it felt a bit pointless wearing one if it wasn't one of those high spec ones. I would have liked to see better ventilation in the hall, that's for sure. Had a work meeting recently as well, we were told we didn't have to wear masks but hardly anyone removed theirs despite being socially distanced and lots of fresh air whistling through the room. I hope I'm wrong but I feel it will be a while before most people feel comfortable being unmasked in indoor public places.

It is not discrimination to refuse admission to people who refuse to wear a mask, especially if the premises has signs up to declare that intent.

Discrimination in law tends to revolve around very specific scenarios. Perhaps it could be grounds to claim discrimination, but I suspect you wouldn't get much support for doing so.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/71621539/#Comment_71621539

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No

No I'm done with it now, people can give all the dirty looks they want and will be told to mind their own business if any comments are made to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

No

If I see random people wearing masks tomorrow in my opinion only, I'll consider them brainwashed and freaks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Or did you consider that they might be recieving chemotherepy and advised to do so . They were advised to wear medical grade masks long before Covid

Children and young people on chemo and after bone marrow transplants are advised and have always been advised to wear medical grade masks when in crowds

Or they are close contacts and prefer to wear one until they are sure

Or they have a cold and are protecting others from getting a cold

Try to be less judgmental of people’s choice as you have no clue of their circumstances

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement