Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting waiting for 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown. I must fetch a pen and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Delighted to hear all of this, nothing worse than a health scare, glad it all worked out. All going well here in rural Co Limerick, both still working from home, shocking bad weather around here this past week so a lot of cleaning up of branches etc in the garden and surrounds, hope all are doing well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just to reiterate, i feckin love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Is that you on the left Tax? I always pictured you looking like the Milky Bar kid a bit more. Maybe it's that you're missing the round glasses

I have a long history of being compared to the milky bar kid :)

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A lighter looking morning out there.

Somewhat sobered up now.

Yeah thats me and the girlfriends. Another picture of us earlier in the thread.

When I had more hair and glasses I got the milky bar kid thing a lot. Especially in my youth when I was much fairer of hair. The hair later took a ginger turn - so I am not altogether sorry baldness came along :) Baldness seemed like a mercy at that point.

Years of Capoeira and BJJ have helped a lot. Not quite the nerd transformation of Jeff Bazos from geek to stud - but certainly in the old days I looked like that kid even the most moral person just WANTED to bully just because I looked like the type to deserve it :p

Needed a quiet minute to myself to think. So hello all from behind the wall - sitting on the rocks - down the far end of the west pier in howth :)

The spray off the sea is cold but refreshing. I love the sea and how little it cares about anything you might find on the bbc news site or similar. It just does what it does and does not care for human affairs.

• Advertisement

Woke up sneezing, in my dreams I was in a room of feathers.. Very literal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well done Iceland. (the shop)

Cornish Pasties to remind Mrs G of her days living in England. Granby burgers and white pudding to remind me of my childhood in Dublin. Granby were defo a Dublin thing. We went today and didn't buy any frozen goods. 😁

Gonna open a beer for me and bottle of wine for Mrs G. Tunes will be Irish bands from the 80s/90s and not a U2,Hothouse flowers, Saw Doctors. The Stunning song anywhere. Still thinking of Ukraine and really thankful for the simple things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

After reading the thread about deli workers and rolls, I’d love a bread roll now 😄

Evening all 👍 wild Saturday night for me 👍

watching the tv 😄

Ooh it's been a while since i had one of those Auto

Wild night here too, tunes at the coalface

Huge Baked potato - cream cheese and grated cheddar and corn and tuna all over it. Sometimes its the simple pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Yeah thats me and the girlfriends. Another picture of us earlier in the thread.

Take me as your apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi

Heheheh I actually do run what I jokingly refer to as a "jedi acadamy" here near me. Buts it's just a silly name for essentially me teaching some local kids Jujitsu, sword fighting, foreign languages, meditation, close up magic, and a few other things :)

Hahaha i've one missus, one job and eff all hobbies and i'm wrecked, dunno how you manage at all @[Deleted User]

Sometimes I don't. I had a major emotional break down a couple years back and had to scale back on many of my hobbies. But I am back to nearly full these days. But I have to keep checking in with myself that I do not burn out again. My break down was pretty spectacular and quite awful :/ Though looking back on it - it was kinda comical. I literally went insane and stark raving mad on the spot for a few minutes before simply keeling over. It must have looked hilarious were it not for the seriousness of it :)

Economies of scale though. Having two girlfriends means much of lifes struggles, and parenting, is split between three adults not two. It helps.

My main secret though? Not owning a television. Amazing how much time there is in life without one.

I didn't know that and glad you are in a healthy place now, long may it continue.. Illness does rule my life quite a bit so i do try to be happy enough with how things are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Random question, did anyone watch the BBC series Chloe? I have it recorded and I'm halfway through first episode.....not feeling it....wondering if it's worth persevering??

Too new for me to have seen it, sorry Princess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It could be a slow burner but I'm close to series delete.

I've moved onto last night's gogglebox....then tommy Tiernan

I'll stay with me tunes, all sorts of nonsense from the bowels of youtube!

I am going down a bit of a music Twitch rabbit hole right now. Lots of good singers on tonight!

I've only once heard someone say "i don't really like music" i couldn't get my head around it.. We're so the same and so different.

I get suicidal if I dont see live music for longer than a month. No idea what it is in me. But unless I see someone pour their heart out over a guitar at least once a month - life starts to not be worth living any more.

Twitch really got me through all the lock downs on that score!

Hanging out over here if anyone wants to join: https://www.twitch.tv/aaronwilsonmusic

I'm at work so no can do but thank you ☺️ I couldn't imagine life without music either though haven't always been big into live stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Music is the food of gods! Some really great Irish tunes played here tonight. Absolute classics for a certain generation. Apart from what I parted in my previous post, no Mumba, Boyzone or Westlife either! The oul Feile in Thurles was always a hit and miss affair for me. Whelans in Wexford street Dublin was the place to be for virgin tunes. The SFX was another great spot for epicness. A different world back then. But I did see the lead singer from Crowded House jump onstage with an Irish band in a small pub in Salthill, Galway on NYE in 1992. Twas so cool and different compared to what we have today.

• Advertisement

Its mostly the live stuff for me. The imperfections and the inflections of a live show - better than any album.

I still love albums recorded on vinyl but "first take" and not over edited. Put me on a desert Island and I could listen to Van Morrisons "Healing has begun" over and over until the end of time. A one take master piece almost as good as "live".

I go to the "ruby sessions" as often as I can but not so much since covid. I remember seeing Damien Rice and David Gray there before anyone else knew who they were. Me and about 10 other people watching.

Live music is why I keep on living. It really is. Everything I do and everything I am - is just a stepping stone to the next moment I get to see someone sin a good song :)

Advertisement