Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Crowd is gone completely. Not sure how anyone can look at this team and not think we are the bottom 3 in the league at the moment.

I’m sick of being in these “entertaining games” also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Championship bound, end of.

So, remaining games. Zero confidence of winning any of them, couple of draws if we get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Raphinha is a shadow of himself. Last year he was tearing teams apart on his own. Today he is struggling to get by Sessengnon

Game is crying out for a half time Tyler Roberts introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

No doubt once again defensively we have been rubbish but we can't get a break either. We could easily have scored two and could have gotten a penalty. It's often said the teams at the bottom get no luck and it's certainly true of us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wasn't he getting fierce hammer off your fans on here during and after the game in midweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's definitely sarcasm, he's nowhere near the level required (as much as I don't like criticising him, let's be real here)

I’m taking the piss. He’s nowhere near the quality required but Bielsa continues to persist with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I didn’t expect any points from Man U/Liverpool/Spurs. But I had hoped we’d put up more of a fight than this. It’ll take some mental strength to forget these three games and focus on beating the so called weaker teams, of which we are definitely one. A goal or two in the second half would be great

This is it for me really. Didn’t expect anything but thought we wouldn’t destroy our spirit along with losing.

Clear push on Klich, how does VAR not see that?

Imagine 2 professional refs not seeing that push

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Dallas 🤦‍♂️

No wonder we are down the bottom when ye have players doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

wow, just wow, talk about a lack of confidence

Too long!

That was so bad

Between that and the peno decision, ye never know.

But the margins are small in the PL

Poor miss by James.

Dont take your chances, you wont win games

• Advertisement

Making Kane look like a distribution king there with piss poor defending. Ayling just looking at the ball the whole time rather than Son in behind

Exactly this. I don't know how we haven't scored today but in saying that I don't know how we haven't conceded more too. The big difference from earlier in the season is that we look like scoring in every game but my God we're wide open at the back.

Llorente was poor for it, watched it go over his head. And he was shocking for their second goal. He has gone seriously downhill

Hopefully Man Utd and Palace can pick up wins this evening. Feel like dirt hoping for a UTD win. Hopefully Newcastle can pick up the win too. Brentford probably the team we are have best chance of getting ahead of.

What's the record for most goals conceded in a league season?

City fan in peace here. Pretty sure we've conceded 100 goals in a season, twice. Yes, they were 42 game seasons, but nevertheless. More or less an average of two and a half goals every bloody game.

*Edit* 1957/58 was the season. 100+ goals scored and conceded. Think we conceded 95 the following season as well!

Bielsa could be nearly gone according to the Athletic. Jesse Marsch being lined up to replace him.

Waiting for the Breaking News banner on sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

That final game against Brentford will probably decide things - assuming we win some games between now and then.

Come on the toon!

• Advertisement

wow, Bielsa could be out, I hope he goes on his own accord, he deserves that

I don't want to speculate but he did look like a broken man in that interview. It was hard to watch tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

Just remembered, Peter Lowy was at the game. Maybe the end is imminent

Looks like plenty gonna get their wish with him going anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Bielsa going is not the answer. We have to back him and his system and hope it is enough to beat the teams around us in coming weeks. Years of playing this way is engrained in players now. Will take 5 or 6 games for them to figure out a new set up under a different manager.

I dont wish he was gone, I do wish he was open to changing tac. Please please set up to defend better.

All the analysis he puts in and we see the same thing every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The most goals conceded in a single calendar month in Premier League history. That's us.

Bielsa is out of his depth. Had a chance to bring in Van Der Beek who would have made a huge difference. Refused him.

Murderball is not working for the older players and it has probably cost us our injuries.

The players don't have the mentality to do anything when things are going bad.

We have too many confidence players who do the business only when we are playing well.

We bend over for every decent team we play.

Even when we won the few matches we won this season, we were fortunate.

We have about 12 games left. Maybe a new manager is needed to try and shore it up and stay up.

Leeds are in such a difficult position, any other manager and he would be out the door, on a emotional level, I think he should never leave, he revitalized the club in so many ways, on a practical level, he should go, I said on here a month ago that he should walk away, it hasn’t looked good for a while, we are a sinking ship, we didn’t recruit help in January when we clearly needed it.

I have no problem with him staying and trying to get us out of this, he deserves it but the club might think otherwise, us getting relegated will have huge repercussions, we will lose our best players and probably not for the same value we would of got if we stayed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Phil Hay is never far off the mark and has always been close to the pulse. Would be sad if he went, but football is a business, and we aren't talking about us being unlucky with results. In fact, you could argue that we have had some lucky results.

Meanwhile, Corboran doing well with Huddersfield. Seems to know how to change to a plan b at times. Learned a lot from Bielsa but adapted too

Talksport saying he is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I just feel sad. Possibly no option as today felt like the lowest ebb of all. But that man will remain in my heart for what he’s done.

We’ve got good fixtures coming, Cooper and Phillips returning and a very good bunch of players who will react well to a new manager. Freshening up probably no harm. There are 5/6 teams who are much weaker than us and we’ll slowly move away from danger. The emphasis being on slowly.

This really isn't how anyone wanted it to end. I feel desperately sad for the man, he deserved so much better. Unfortunately a combination of a cruel run of injuries, fixtures and loss of form has resulted in what I believe is a premature decision. I just hope it is not one they regret as I'm sure it is not one they took easily.

I think we go down anyway and he leaves in the summer anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Since Christmas we have been the worst team in the PL.

Even the three teams that are supposedly worse than us have been putting up the good fight recently. Watford, Burnley and even Norwich.

We just bend over for every team. That is down to Bielsa with his man for man marking and "attack at all costs" mentality, allowing teams to walk it into the net when they break away.

Sunday League coaches have been fired for less.

Sorry folks. I love what Bielsa has brought to the club, but if he needed three points in the very last game of the season, he still wouldn't change his tactics. He would rather get defeated and go down than change.

That's Bielsa United, not Leeds United.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Just in the door from a really surreal visit to ER today. Really don’t know where to start.

Serious support for Bielsa from all sides of the ground before kick off. Then we handed them three first half goals. Then Raphinha discovered some form and we could genuinely could have got back into the game. Then we missed two openers, hit the post and watched an unreal piece of play from Harry Kane to set up their fourth goal.

Some of our players really look devoid of any confidence. You could see that Dallas was so unsure of what he should do when through on goal. Ditto for James when Raph set him up. Ayling was obviously following Son everywhere leaving our right side hopelessly exposed.

Then at the end of the game all the players and subs came down to the Kop and you just sensed something was amiss. Raph was sitting on the ground crying, some of the Spurs players were consoling some of ours, Dan James in particular.

Then on the train to the airport Twitter is exploding with seemingly irrefutable stories saying he’s been sacked.

If this is to be the end it’s so upsetting. The season was never going to be decided in these last three games. Next six are the make or break for us and I just don’t think a new coaching team will be able to do enough to change our style of play sufficiently to make any difference.

I also think the hierarchy have acted very dishonourably in all of this. The whispers about this Jesse fella have been doing the rounds and had to come from somewhere. Bielsa deserved so much more.

Sick to the pit of my stomach that we won’t be able to show him our appreciation for transforming our club and making ER a happy place again.

Fully understand the arguments about his stubbornness and failure to change the style of play but that’s for another day.

Tonight I just want to reflect on the journey from that first amazing performance against Stoke through the devastation of 10 Man Wigan, to the elation after Emile Smith Rowe sends us up and through the whirlwind that was our first year back in the big time.

The second season was always going to be difficult but the loss of Phillips in the middle, Bamford’s goals and Cooper’s leadership were just too difficult to overcome.

It’s a horrible way for it all to end. Maybe it is the right decision, time will tell.

Apologies for the long winded post, but it’s the end of a most wonderful era for our club and I’m a bit emotional.

MOT

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Sorry, just to add to this. Some lad on Twitter saying that the players were told before the game. Might be click bait but would certainly explain the post match goings on in front of the Kop.

Well said, I think your summary is a balanced fair assessment of everything. It will be a really sad end to an incredible journey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement