Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseeker's Benefit eligibility declaration

• 26-02-2022 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bocking 14

Has anyone been asked to attend their local INTREO office to make a "Jobseeker Certification Declaration"?

If so, do you know what this will entail and is it a reintroduction of signing-on?

The DEASP also sent the letter in the post rather than through MyWelfare, which is unusual.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

At a guess and based on some high profile cases of fraud , the Department are possibly writing to people and getting them in to intero centre's as opposed to just using mywelfare as a verification tool, with covid restrictions gone there's no reason not to call claimants in. I presume it will be a quick process, sign a leave.

Are you already in receipt of JSB or have you just applied 🤔

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bocking 14

Already on JB after transitioning from the PUP

I'd say then, it's just a standard verification, sign on requirement 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Nothing to worry about. I’d imagine they are keen now to return to signing on/collection in the PO. People plunged into PUP possibly aren’t aware of the “looking for available for and fit for full time work” conditions on receipt of JSB.

Best of luck in your job search!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

They want to get you working.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

If you want the water you need to drill the well

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dalsa47

I've been asked to go in for this on Monday the 7th of March between 9.30 and 12.30. I presume the large time window is because they're calling in lots of people. If you want me to report back afterwards as to what it entails I can pop back in next week and give an update.

Thanks for posting this as I also got the letter and it frightened the sh*t out of me. Until I realised the time was 9am to noon so I'm guessing it will be a mass attendance thing as the previous poster said. I agree with TooTired123 in that they're getting back to the old system now.

Just in case it helps anyone I initially had to hand my Services card in at one hatch and got sent to another hatch. I was given a form and had to fill in my name, address, PPSN, Eircode, email address. Following that there was the three check boxes declaring my employment status and also had to sign and date it at the bottom.

The monthly signing on is coming back but they're giving the option to do it online now. You need to be signed up with MyGovID so it might be handy to have your mobile phone with you when you're going in if you don't do it beforehand.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah it's definitely a 'verification' tool being used at the moment. My wife got the same letter despite informing them the previous week she was 36 weeks pregnant (which suspends signing on for a few months) and they basically told her tough and she had to go in. No big deal really but seems a lot are having to go in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dalsa47

Just to add further confirmation to what people have been saying.

I was in and out in 2 minutes. Just had to fill out my name/address/phone number and tick 3 boxes, signature/date and go. The guy handed me details on how to register online so you can sign on online in future if you want. No questions, no hassle, no fuss.

Hi everyone!

So glad to have found this thread as I got this letter as well but had been unable to find any information online until finding this thread.

To those of you like @[Deleted User] and @dalsa47 who have been in already, can you remember what the three tickbox declarations are?

I always get anxious and feel under pressure having to fill things out on the spot rather than having time to read through things properly.

Thank you! :)

They're the same three checkbox/questions that you had to agree to anytime you signed on before (whether online during Covid or in person). Honestly unless you're signing off then you tick "Yes" for all three.

@[Deleted User] Ah I see. I've never actually had to sign on so far as during the time I've been on JSA signing on has remained suspended, so I don't yet have any personal experience of the signing on process!

Were you signing online on mywelfare? Same three questions. Nothing to worry about mate! :)

@[Deleted User] No I wasn't as I'm not signed up to the online system.

What happened was started on JSA, then if I recall correctly I got sent a text or a letter with an in person sign on date but then that got cancelled and signing on was suspended due to Covid.

So, yes, I haven't had experience of the process at all yet.

Thank you for the information! :)

Just wanted to come back with an update in case it helps others who might be nervous about having received the letter and not sure what it's all about. I went in showed the person the letter I'd received, was asked for my PSC and was given a form to fill in.

As others have said it just asked for name, address, DOB, PPSN, phone number and email if you have one and then there were three statements with tickboxes beside them.

Those were basically (1) The genuinely available and seeking work statement, (2), That your circumstances have not changed and (3) That you understand it is an offence to give false information.

Then when I handed that in, I was given an information sheet about how people can sign on using their online service.

As someone else mentioned, there were no verbal questions or anything like that. It was just fill the form in and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Hi, I've been on Back to Education payment but I have now got another letter to "declare my eligibility for Jobseekers payment"! I'm being asked to appear at the Intreo office. I was previously on JSA but qualified for BTEA. Surely this is just a glitch in their system and I should ignore this? The letter didn't arrive from my local office, but a "public services centre".

• Advertisement

Public services center 🤔 what is that exactly.

I certainly wouldn't be ignoring this request, regardless of what scheme, course , allowance your on, the Department can and do request eligibility confirmation.

I'd certainly call your local intero center if you require clarifications but don't ignore the request.

Advertisement