Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional?

Comments

Is tomorrow the last day of mandatory wearing of masks, or has it ended after 11.59.59 tonight?

ta

Yes in all situations.

For anyone who does still want to wear a mask, the price of N95 masks has dropped substantially, which I'm delighted about.

I'll still be wearing one in shops etc until we have a lot lower the 8 thousand new cases registering a day, which is the number of positive pcrs/antigen tests registered last Friday 25th according the the Covid hub

We've no idea what variant may evolve over the coming months, so anyone thinking of ceremoniously throwing their stock of masks out, I'd keep a few just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

Mine will be binned tonight either way. Historical precedent would indicate that viruses like this generally burn themselves out over time and mutations.

Cases alone mean nothing, it's the OUTCOME of those cases that matters. Covid is now endemic and of little risk to anyone (and even the prior variants were minimal risk to anyone generally healthy).

Masks and concerns are no longer necessary unless you work or live with someone medically compromised, and even then outcomes are far from certain to be dire.

Yes in all situations.

That's up to you.

I myself am medically compromised and live with someone who is, so I will continue doing what I think is best for us.

It would be nice if people who choose not to wear masks from tomorrow, refresh their memory today on respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette when out and about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Yes in busy Shops/public transport.

Yes in certain situations

Ill be adopting the Asian approach when it comes to masks in the future and I hope the rest of society will take this sensible approach. If I feel ill in any way I will pop the mask on to avoid spreading whatever it is i have. In all other situations its out the window.

Myself and my partner had covid prior to the mass roll out of the vaccines and it was a miserable experience that I wish on my enemies (i dont have any enemies).

I live in town and the compliance with masks has been pretty high and remains so. I've noticed over the last few weeks the shifts in people out and about. Tourists are back in numbers, stag and hens are back and so are the homeless addicts. You could say things are healing and getting back to normal. The only place masks seem to go out the window are pubs. Predictably, as soon as people have a few pints in them or have taken their first line of the night the compliance goes out the window. Masks are fairly pointless at that point.

I think it will take people time to adjust to getting back to normal. I do hope the virus burns out and the variants become weaker and weaker over time. I guess we'll have to wait until September this year to see what way things are going to go.

I am in a nice position where I can still work from home and watch things from the sidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Oh god... talking about brainwashing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭RoTelly

No

I am not telling you not to wear the mask, I am just pointing out that I am triple vax so are others. Vacs may not be 100% but they are 95% effective. No worries here if people want to wear a mask or not, but having been in and out of many shops with my mask on I have never seen anyone hand anyone a mask. A dunnes aren't going to start mandating masks in their shops, so that prob not the best example, smaller shops might, but I can go else were.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No

But are people wearing clean unused masks every day?

Can't beat you mate, doesn't matter how much I try, you are the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

No

The way some people go on in this thread you'd swear half the country was on death's door and some lad in a shop not wearing a mask was going to put them in the grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

No

Considering the vast majority of masks we wore (even bandannas, and scarves ffs) did nothing to prevent infection of wearers and nothing to prevent transmission, I won't be wearing one when not mandatory.

I'm fully vaxxed and boosted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭User1998

No

Ah you need to cop on a bit, I haven’t worn a mask in months but if people want to keep wearing them just let them be and get on with your life, most people will stop wearing them over the next few weeks anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

According to whom? Scholarly citations to support your position?

No

I hate them too DLink and make no secret of my questioning of them. Other people are not me and while I will wonder, at the end of the day people who will continue to wear masks have absolutely no bearing on my life. You will drive yourself mad.

At your service mate.

Apart from hugs and kisses, mother always warned me about friendly strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

No

Negative

Not needed, have not been pretty much since summer 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No

Just took my last trip to shops wearing one, may I never see mine again, it's like L plates being taken off your car.

What will be funny is the local scumbagereen's who don't wear the masks now will be wearing them tomorrow 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

No

My neighbor had ritual mask burning celebration I was invited in. Had to decline but I told him if it become yearly tradition I will attend next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

No

was in shopping centre today, about a third of adults werent wearing them. we joined them, was glorious, like this sh1t was finally over.

No

Finally, glad that mandatory wearing of masks is nearly over from 12:00 p.m. tonight I work in a kitchen so I'm looking forward to not having to put up with a disgustingly damp mask for 8 hours per day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lovely. I didn't need to wait until tomorrow to see what it was going to be like. This thread is an example of what it will be like. Most people, who care only for themselves but pretend it's about everyone, will no longer wear masks. And as far as I can tell, those who are so happy to see the end of the, are judging the people who want to continue to wear them as having mental issues. Exactly as I expected, and it's not even Monday yet.

People who want to continue wearing masks: "Please just give us a small little bit of extra space in shared, necessary shops"

People who seem to have a horn at the idea of masks ending: "No, you're a sheep and have mental issues".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'm just back from a weekend away (staycation) I fully expect to be Covid+ when I take an antigen tomorrow.

I've managed 2yrs without catching it, depsite being regularly put in exposed situations due to the nature of my job.

I will continue to wear a mask.. I like being able to mouth words without the other person seeing what I think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Not sure. Was thinking that I would keep wearing them in shops and places with crowds forever. More recently been thinking about just wearing in winter since it could be good for avoiding colds and flus too. Will see how I feel when others stop wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

No

Just threw all mine in the bin earlier. Glad to see the back of the horrible yokes.

I look forward to the disapproving looks from the virtue signalling brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Anyone continuing to wear a mask voluntarily after tomorrow is a virtue signalling twat until proven otherwise

Such an ignorant take I think it nearly must have been written in jest.

What does 'until proven otherwise' mean? Do you think there are no medically vulnerable or immunocompromised people in the country? That that is just some sort of fake news propaganda? What about those people? Do you expect someone wearing a mask to come up to you and show you their medical details in order to justify them wearing it?

Do you know that vulnerability doesn't just extend to the individual with respect to their health. Someone could be living with a vulnerable family member and not want to put them at risk. You know such people exist in the country, that's just a medical reality. What you are saying is you don't care about them.

I'm always puzzled by people who are actively proud of the fact that they don't give a f*ck about other people and go so far as to wear it like a badge of honour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The recommendation may be gone, but the masks aren't disappearing. Anyway, it doesn't interfere with you if other people wear masks. Because that's what it is now. It's no longer a requirement, but people who want to will continue to wear them. Some businesses may require you still wear one to enter. If you don't want to, then don't enter. Simples. Just like other people wearing a mask should have no effect on you whatsoever.

My post was pointing out that it wasn't even fully gone from requirement yet, and people on here are already tagging those who wish to continue to wear one, which if I haven't said already doesn't interfere with anyone else, as having mental issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

No

Why do you think you will be positive?were you not wearing your mask or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement