Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Maybe she can join FG and get paid for not turning up like Dara Murphy?

Lots of bullying online too. Whole thread dedicated to her and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The husband would need to be a dealer not a user to get into FG, entrepreneurial spirit and all that, seriously though she'd be prime Labour party material.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,755 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Interesting to see the Sinn Fein lads turning on her.

What can you expect from such an organisation. You upset them, you get buried quickly, it just depends on whether it is literally or metaphorically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Swing and a miss, seems Leo expressed a regular human reaction on hearing of the news of her child.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Would you stop..

I'm no fan of SF, but id call any of my mates who were having their 6th child the same. I have two and it's bloody hard work 😂.

Effin eejit is a word usually used in a jokey context, in my experience.

This women is a complete drama queen, who ripped off a housing charity and id say SF are happy to see the back of her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Sinn Fein had her front and centre when the new Dail was opened. She was another of the "rising stars" along with David Cullinane and the rest of the gang. You also have to remember a long stay Sinn Fein TD in her area got dropped so they could run Violet Anne. This was all done after she "ripped off a housing charity". Plus from what I can remember Mary Lou didn't seem to care one bit about that. Not once did Sinn Fein demand she pays back the money to any charity, which any other party would have done.

Pregnancy in Sinn Fein seems to be a problem.

SHe made the inaugural speech, I can't link

Saying it to a close friend or family member is one thing. A senior work colleague saying it to a junior is, at best unprofessional and insensitive.

It all depends on the context and their relationship. Neither of which we know.

I don't think she a loss. And to the poster above about how she was promoted, that only highlights the dearth of talent in SF beyond the big 3

• Advertisement

The talent hasn't improved, in fact the majority are getting found out so it is decreasing. All the more reason why it is strange in the middle of a cycle to dump her unless the pregnancy was an issue

All of these TD get back ground checks etc before they are put in for elections, so SF would have known about her, or should have known.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Senior

Patrick O'Donovan on the week in politics seemed to be offering her a warm seat in FG,

Would rent arrears show up on a background check? One look at the partner should have been enough to disqualify.

FG finding new ways to make me never want to vote them again

It was a court case to get them out of property.

Not sure what her partner has got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If ever someone had the gimp of a jailbird, he had.

I feel rather sorry for that unfortunate sixth kid who will forever have to bear the stigma of her mother having announced to all and sundry that she was unplanned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭votecounts

Remenber this was the muppet who thought the IRA were responsible for the Dublin and Monaghan Bombing, a complete idiot

• Advertisement

It must really hurt that Leo has shown himself to be so much more of a decent person than Mary-Lou as he even sent her a nice congratulations on the birth.

We have been over this ground before. Previous criticism was of Sinn Fein for selecting her. Having selected her, the way that they have treated her has been nothing short of despicable, criticism of that is also fair. But that is Sinn Fein and women for you.

Your inability to understand the nuances of that position and keep repeating the same discredited diatribe at other posters is neither surprising nor edifying.

If you think that calling a woman with an unexpected pregnancy an effin' eejit for becoming pregnant is an acceptable way to behave, well, that says more about you than anything else.

id agree with those saying that she has always had a total bang of nutter off her and blaming SF for her now behaving like a nutter in leaving the party is like trying to have your cake and eat it too.

every party has its lamentable disasters. i wouldnt quibble with any of them getting rid of theirs as quickly tbh

Why would it really hurt? Because he wished her well on the birth of her new child? What a weird thing to say. As I've said elsewhere it was decent of him.

That's not credible. Read what you wrote here:

Previous criticism was of Sinn Fein for selecting her.

Why? Because she was such a stand up citizen? This thread is here for all to see. People like you have been attacking her from day one. Her husband and details of her private life were raised. That's not being critical of SF.

Having selected her, the way that they have treated her has been nothing short of despicable, criticism of that is also fair. But that is Sinn Fein and women for you.

Sinn Fein led by a woman in the north and a woman in the south. You've absolutely no credibility on this. Where was this concern for the woman when you set up this thread? Here's a sampler of your hate towards her:

"Mad conspiracy theory stuff from her."

"And then there is her history of paying (or rather not paying) rent."

"This isn't someone without an education surviving on the breadline - she has a degree in psychology. Am I the only one to think that the people of Clare were mad to elect her a TD?"

"He partner is named as John Montaine."

"The only reason that people will continue to die from cervical cancer is because of the idiotic lies spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne"

Now she's left SF you have the neck to claim someone calling her an 'effin ejit' has 'crossed your humanity' (to paraphrase Maria Bailey)? Shameful opportunism from you, using women once again.

None of what you have quoted comes close to calling a woman with an unexpected pregnancy an effin eejit. All of what I said can be equally said to a man and reflects the political aspects of Sinn Fein selecting her as a candidate and not to her essence as a woman.

However, your comparison of what I said to the effin eejit comment speaks to your attitude to women more than anything else, and it is not for the first time that it is clear.

You are trying to use what some unnamed shinner may have said to justify you bringing in the woman's husband and saying things like, "The only reason that people will continue to die from cervical cancer is because of the idiotic lies spread by the likes of Violet-Anne Wynne".

Not everything is dependent on what SF said or did. Stand over your words, what someone in SF might have said isn't relevant.

However, your comparison of what I said to the effin eejit comment speaks to your attitude to women more than anything else, and it is not for the first time that it is clear.

This is desperation. I never said I supported it. It depends on the context and who said it IMO. Chances are it was a colleague and if so, out of order. You're a great man for baseless claims. Repeating them over and over doesn't make them so.

To be honest, Violet-Anne gives Gemma a good race for the money. Hard to pick a winner in the nut job stakes.

"nut job", better or worse than 'effin ejit'?

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

“nut job", better or worse than 'effin ejit'?

Context is everything. Referring to someone as a “nut job” in an anonymous internet post is in no way comparable to a lady with an unplanned pregnancy being called an “effin ejit” by a colleague one approaches for advice and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sailingaway

Most of what you have written in relation to the process of selection of Violet Anne Wynne and Sinn Fein in Clare is incorrect In 2016 GE SF decided to run a candidate in the election. No one including Mike McKee was willing to stand. Noeleen Moran put her name forward and was deemed the candidate. To the surprise of everyone she did very well polling over 4000 first preference votes. She had been a brilliant candidate, people responded positively to her and had done the party proud. It beccame clear that there was a chance of getting a seat and following MMcK success in local elections moves were afoot to select him as GE candidate. However this would have had a major impact on morale so it was decided to go with a 2 candidate strategy. Why? Who knows but a lot of members were uncomfortable with this. It became clear to some that moves were afoot within Clare to sideline Noeleen Moran and this was stepped up following the death of Mike McKee. Some members were very unhappy and decided not to renew their membership. I was one of those. Prior to that attempts were made to highlight what was happening but the SF hierarchy ignored as they had their councillor in Shannon who incidentally was photographed more campaigning in Limerick rather than Clare!

During the lead up to GE Feb 20 when there was speculation in Autumn 19, I am reliably told that Noeleen Moran tried to seek clarification as to what was happening and her nomination had expired in August 19. She was stalled and not given any information. Noeleen Moran continued to ask for clarification, expressed her interest but no convention or further information was available. This is just one tiny example of how Noeleen Moran was treated. When the election was called, SF arranged a convention 3 weeks before the date. Noeleen Moran reflected on this and the attempts to discredit her and decided that she could not do justice to any campaign and very reluctantly stepped away. However this was portrayed very differently by various spokespersons within Clare SF.

My instincts tell me and I have discussed this with many others, the thinking within the 'power group' of Clare SF was that Violet Anne would bomb but of course as history shows that did not happen. They were then left with a problem, what to do about her? So the campaign began along with support from those higher up the chain. VA must go. VA has claimed that some in the local party were aware of her baggage but dismissed it when they were told. I beleive her as I witnessed first hand what they did and continue to do to Noeleen Moran. They didn't manage to bring Noeleen down as she has too much respect in the Clare community across the county.

I listened to VA on Clare FM this morning and her story sounded familiar. Unfortuatley the baggage line was not discussed as I think is the crux of much of what happened. If she did tell some local members and they choose not to pass that upwards then shame on them. They have exploited her and set her up for much of the abuse she is now getting. Those faceless members who are trying to manipulate 2 women for their own greedy gains. Seems like female power is winning this one though.

BTW one interesting snippet she divulged this morning is her replacement for maternity is working only 20 hours a week but getting paid for 41 and wanted overtime as well!!! I have been told he is a member of Clare SF, a member of the Munster Cuige and deeply entrenched. Talk about jobs for the boys!!!!

Post edited by sailingaway on

• Advertisement

You efforts at comparison to justify haranguing the woman for years say enough.

Your little house on the prairie adaptation aside. They don't cancel each other out.

Advertisement