Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sunday the most hated day ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Sundays are amazing, Tuesday is definitely the worst day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Work 60 to 70 hours most weeks so myself and my better half have a rule of doing absolutely nothing on a Sunday bar going for a walk or lunch somewhere, I look forward to Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I hear you and no better way to spend a Sunday after a long week. I had a 30 year career in hospitality, rarely had a weekend off let alone a Sunday and like you both, worked horrendously long hours. I now appreciate Sunday's off more than ever 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Every other day, every other day

Every other day, every other day of the week is fine, yeah

But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes

But whenever Monday comes, you can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday, Monday (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

Can't trust that day (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

It just turns out that way (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

Whoa Monday, Monday (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

Won't go away (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

It's here to stay (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

Oh Monday, Monday (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

Whoa Monday, Monday (bah-da bah-da-da-da)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ha ha Mister Cain spot on. Even worse would be that you would be dying and only up but Sunday roast would be put down in front of you and war if you said you didn't want it, mammy wouldn't be happy!

Who came up with idea of early dinner on a Sunday?

Yep as a mother of young children myself now those days are long gone + Sundays are for chilling as a family.

Yep + each week I'd promise myself that I was going to do it the minute I came home on Friday so wouldn't be hanging over me all weekend...... never happened 🤣.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well this week, we'll all be bloody ecstatic if we see another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God no. Sunday meant the early day 'cure' , a big dinner. A siesta and then The Sunday Game. You're crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Sunday Bloody Sunday! 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

OP.. You need to listen to Sunday miscellany for a bit of excitement on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Sunday is the day to relax, Saturday go shopping, it's the best day of the week. I like it not all shops are open. Best day of the week. I think most young people do not go to mass unless they are forced to do so by their parents

• Registered Users Posts: 21 poppysee

Love hate relationship with Sundays. Its my most active day but the thought of Monday approaching and the start of a brand new work week pains me every time.

^^^^^^^^^^

you've summed up Sunday perfectly

Thursday seems to be the longest day ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

Worst to Best

Tuesday

Monday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Sunday

Saturday

I like Wed, think it goes back to my school days when we used to get a half day from school + it was also 1st day of week shopping centres opened until 9pm so it was a win win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sunday up until about 11pm is my favourite time of the week, usually the best GAA, F1, football, snooker matches and golf are in these hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Love Sunday. We get to hang out as family, go for a walk or to the swimming pool.

Used to absolutely hate them back in the day as it meant getting on the JJ Kavanagh's bus severely hungover. All the way back to Dublin, pre motorway with my stomach like a washing machine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No activity -> a lack of imagination and initiative. Every single town, village and community are involved in GAA on a Sunday. Many clubs have Sunday activities - shooting, fishing, hillwalking, cycling…. You need to develop some hobbies and interests outside of work for your health’s sake if nothing else.

Every day is a good day to be alive, the fact that it’s a free day should make you hungry for life, if not you need to change. Mopping around on a free day is a waste of live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Sunday's are unbearable even as an unemployed person. There is just something in the atmosphere on a sunday that depresses me even more.

I always did my homework long before Sunday evening. For me the Glenroe theme does not in the slightest remind me of homework, despite it being a bit of a meme these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No activity? Where are you living, some benighted Bible thumping Nordie or Scottish outpost where they observe the "Lord's Day" and wear black on Sundays?

i wonder will the world end on a Sunday?

Advertisement