Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Essentially it's a battery for your house, so you can save unused solar power to use at night.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

A battery basically

https://www.tesla.com/en_eu/powerwall

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Most of us build our own, if you can wire a plug and have YouTube you can do it DIY per this thread at a fraction of the turnkey approach

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058165926/solar-pv-battery-options/p1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I understand the "up to ....." element of the marketing, I don't expect 230kW for the duration of the charge curve but I expected something in the 100kW - 150kW range given the condition of the car (30% SoC, driven hard for an hour etc). There's definitely something not quite right with the heat pump and battery temperature monitoring system (given pre-heating the cabin doesn't work and precondition the battery doesn't occur). I assume it'll be fixed in an update, as summer approaches it becomes less of an issue (a general increase in range plus a battery pack closer to optimal temperatures) but the sooner it's sorted the better (if I can spend less time at a charger it leaves it free for the rest of ye)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fitzballina

EV6 Heating problems , I got my car on the 16th Feb . Had a long trip to hospital on the 17th ,the trip with my wife was a disaster as all we were getting was cold air instead of heat. Brought it back to the garage on the 18th as you cannot have a car with no heat in this weather . They told me they are fitting a new inverter ,I am waiting for the car to be returned to me today. Keep your figers crossed.

• Advertisement

That's disappointing that the inverter wasn't replaced prior to delivery given when you collected.

Just heard back today that my inverter wasn't replaced either, that they tested it and it passed prior to delivery and are only replacing them if they fail in Ireland. I look forward to this break on the first long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanoh

Anyone know how to submit a map edit to Kia? Entered Ballinteer Community school today and it sent me to near Tibraden woods. I don't have the latest update so it might be just the version I have, but it's mad and actually caused a lot of inconvenience today ...

Maps are Tom Tom maps as far as I know, so through them I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Collected my boot mats from dealer , covers Boot floor and back of back seats . Nice fit . Good quality . Dealer threw them in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Nellakram

Could you post a picture ?

or where did you see these ?

I don’t see them on EV6 accessories Kia site.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

could you attach some photos? Any idea of part numbers from /kia?

Does anyone know the exact conditions under which Kia state 540km range for EV6

i can imagine what they might be … everything off, warm outside air temp, driving around a track at constant 60km/hr, no acceleration etc

but, are these written down anywhere ?

I asked garage and they said “you what ?? Don’t worry about that”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

There's not a hope you're getting that range. That's best case scenario with lab conditions. Not sure why you'd be concerned about it unless you were told an absolute whopper by the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

see above , dealer called them EV6 boot liner kit , comes As a three piece little kit . Velcro onto back of rear seats . Not sure about part no .

Many thanks.

I already got the bottom piece but garage never mentioned the 2 pieces for the rear seats.

I will have to go back in to them.

I am not that naive to think that but just trying to understand the conditions.

becausd of the previous lies we were told by auto makers on petrol consumption, the new WLT ranges were supposed to be more real world. I have googled them and they are a mix of very slow and medium speed driving. They don’t mention anything re Lab.

WLTP is the referenced standard, so it's not a case of kia getting there own number from there own formula. The range indicators are primarily of use when comparing EVs to purchase and providing a level means of comparison. The fact that some reviewers can hit the WLTP range is a good indication of that this measure is closer to real world range than previous measures. Like an ICE car operating AC can dramatically reduce range and while most people don't really notice, when I used to commute 200km a day for work, I would notice the difference AC made on my range.

Its not meant to be an indication of what you are likely to get as a driver. WLTP is recommended for Europe over EPA as it's more reflective of how we drive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

As a general rule I typically assume somewhere around 80% of WLTP is achievable IRL, year round. Step down in increments of 10% depending on either A how bad the weather is or B the faster you drive or a factor of both.

For EV6 Earth:

100% of WLTP(528km): Not impossible but very difficult to achieve here - Maybe in the height of summer(1 or 2 days a year), easy non-motorway driving

90% of WLTP(475km): Achievable in summer, no driving at 120km/h in good weather

80% of WLTP(422km): Achievable all year round, minimal/no driving at 120km/h in average/normal weather (I am see this efficiency this week)

70% of WLTP(370km): Achievable all year round, minimal/no driving at 120km/h in bad weather (I was see similar efficiency during storm Eunice at the weekend)

60% of WLTP(317km): Long sustained run at 120km/h in average/normal weather

50% of WLTP(264km): Worst case scenario, long sustained run at 120km/h in bad weather

The above has been pretty consistent with all EVs I've owned to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

For GT Line model its closer to 55% - mixed driving conditions with heater up to 22 deg, motorway speeds 100/120km/h. My measurement based rainy day, outside temp 4-8 deg. Range aprox 300km

Picked up mine today, only the floor mat was included. Seems they're sold separately... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Can I ask for the Earth model here, inc grants/rebates what is the total price I should be paying?

It's listed as €50,000 in their pricelist but it seems with the configurator you have to pay €560 on top of this for any paint colour.

It's then listed at a variety of prices on Donedeal/Carzone from Kia Dealers: €51,300 from one, €52,600 from another, am guessing they may be taking advantage of the fact they are very scarce/long wait time?

If anyone that bought one could let me know what they paid in total for an Earth model I'd appreciate it!

€50,580 including delivery for the earth. Additional €560 for non white. Prices where varying as low as 50K straight for any color.

Thanks very much for that, I might try contacting a bunch of dealers and see if any of them will sell it for €50k all in, I'd imagine they are still going to be doing ok selling at that price. The dealer I spoke/did test drive with said they were sold out till June/July for next deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was quoted 50k for the earth model regardless or colour. I ended up going with the GT model and was quoted 55k but ended up getting it for a little less all on. There was no trade in either. Trade in seems to be an issue with the dealers and 3 different dealers said they would charge more if I was trading in

Great thanks, I'm not sure if Kia have bumped up the price of the GT line, it was showing as 55k in the configurator till a few days ago but now seems to be 60k. I was a bit undecided between the 2 specs but as per this video was leaning towards the earth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbXYxYDp9w

If there's 10k a of a difference it makes it an easier decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Wouldn't that end up with a €15k difference as the gross vehicle cost needs to be below €60k to get the grant.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

There shouldn't be any more than a 5k difference between them. RRP is 50k for Earth and 55k for GT so there would be some explaining to do if there was over a 5k difference in prices.

I went to 3 dealers and they all originally quoted me 50k for Earth and 55k for GT. After a little haggling, I was able to get the price down without too much hassle and get a few things thrown in as well

• Advertisement

Kiacredit has the right prices. It's all a marketing thing, for some customers they don't recognise that it's basically a 60K car for 55K. A lot of psychology going on there.

Regarding the difference between the two cars, be careful. Ive not seen a good break down of the differences and even reviewers who have driven focus on the big differences. So no review has mentioned that on the earth only the driver car has automatic adjustment, passenger is manual. That may or may not be important to you but if you're buying a 55K or 60K car you'd like not to have to compromise so much. The surround camera is a great feature I've found for parking and the turning cameras are a great safety addition. I love the sun roof and I also lots of little things. It just looks better as well from the front.

Advertisement