Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawkins Wood, Greystones

• 21-06-2021 5:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see from this that we will soon have some more Glenheron / Archers Wood styled homes (which look very smart) close to Charlesland:

https://www.cairnhomes.com/new-homes/hawkins-wood/
    Hawkins Wood is a new development of 2,3 & 4 bedroom houses and duplex in the picturesque and family friendly seaside town of Greystones. The site is situated across the road from Glenheron, another prestigious Cairn development. Located within easy reach of the N11, this location has great transport links into Dublin.

Has anyone any idea what they will cost?

They have the usual POA on their website which always makes me wary as it seems to be code for “we will screw you for as much as we can”.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is basically more Glenheron, right? I think that to date people have spoken of it as another phase of Glenheron?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

awec wrote: »
    This is basically more Glenheron, right? I think that to date people have spoken of it as another phase of Glenheron?

I thought it was a completely separate development, but I’m open to correction.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

2011 wrote: »
    I thought it was a completely separate development, but I’m open to correction.

I think it's across the road from Glenheron beside the leisure centre, so it's separate, but I think most assumed when Cairns put in planning etc that they'd just extend Glenheron across the road.

Or maybe this is a different one entirely.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

awec wrote: »
    I think it's across the road from Glenheron beside the leisure centre, so it's separate, but I think most assumed when Cairns put in planning etc that they'd just extend Glenheron across the road.

Its Cairn alright, probably the same as Glenheron but I imagine they will cost a lot more, I am curious as to how much more.

They look like nice well built houses but they are a little too tightly packed together for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I see from this that we will soon have some more Glenheron / Archers Wood styled homes (which look very smart) close to Charlesland:

https://www.cairnhomes.com/new-homes/hawkins-wood/

Has anyone any idea what they will cost?

They have the usual POA on their website which always makes me wary as it seems to be code for “we will screw you for as much as we can”.

Pricing will presumably be along the lines of Archers Wood which is 470 for a 3bed terrace and 490 for 3bed semid

• Advertisement

Pricing will presumably be along the lines of Archers Wood which is 470 for a 3bed terrace and 490 for 3bed semid

I would think that this will only be the case if was put on the market at the same time as phase 1 Archers Wood. I would expect phase 2 Archers Wood homes to cost more as this is what developers tend to do.

Another factor is the address, although beside Archers Wood (postal address Delgany but although nowhere near Delgany) I think the Greystones postal address will be used to jack up the price even further (despite the fact that in reality it is far more Charlesland than actual Greystones).

Delgany & Greystones prices are generally the same in my experience. Neither of the estates could be considered close to town, although I would prefer Hawkins if I was buying.

I would also think that the HTB cap of 500k would probably prevent them going too much above Archers prices.

Delgany & Greystones prices are generally the same in my experience.

Yes, I think you might be right.
    Neither of the estates could be considered close to town, although I would prefer Hawkins if I was buying.

So would most people I suspect. Knowing this I expect they will increase the price accordingly.
    I would also think that the HTB cap of 500k would probably prevent them going too much above Archers prices.

I don’t think so seeing as though 4 beds in Archers Wood have already sold for far more than this.

Yes, I think you might be right.

So would most people I suspect. Knowing this I expect they will increase the price accordingly.

I don’t think so seeing as though 4 beds in Archers Wood have already sold for far more than this.

Yes sorry I should have been more specific. I was referring to the 3 beds prices as to why I don't think they'll be much more growth above the 490 3bed semid. 4 beds have been well over 500k for a while now so they are different kettle of fish and not targeted at the typical first time buyers

I heard some pretty crazy prices for Hawkins Wood. Three beds semis for €520!

Anyone else hear anyhting?

• Advertisement

No haven't heard anything yet. Know someone looking to buy one it's been total silence regarding pricing and completion dates from the agent.

Where did you heard 520k from. That's strong money!

The fact that the prices are a closely guarded secret does not bode well for those looking to purchase. I expect that this means that they feel that they can ratchet up the prices more the longer they leave it.

I met someone working on site in the pub and he shared the above price with me. Maybe he was exaggerating, but I don’t think so. Outrageous price in my opinion but I think that some will still pay this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I have secured one of the 3 beds, had my choice off the plans.

congratulations!

Can you advise of the pricing for different house types?

what I am paying, is for a 3bed.

Post edited by Viscount Aggro on

That is a lot cheaper than I was led to believe. The look well built.

Is that for the 3 storey terraced?

What is the heating system, is it a heat pump?

What BER are they?

I think you will start a stampede!

I know someone who has been waiting on the release for a long time. How did you manage to secure one?

Cairn shareholder.

Bought one as an investment.

I don't think you could go far wrong with that.

€535K is a great price.

I wonder if that is the price that they will be sold to the general public at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mitesh

Thats Fantastic. is it Mid-terrace, semi, end-terrace? Do that share that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Catherine Hogan

I've been asking the selling agent for months for a price ,still nothing disclosed

Does anyone think €535 is the price for 3 beds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

The latest phase in Archers Wood was €515k-530k for 3 beds which would indicate Hawkins Wood will potentially start at €535k or above

Wow!

Only 5 months ago €520k seemed outrageously high and now €535k seems a possibility !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Addy04

Thats true! when enquired Agents about pricing there is no answer but more info to be released early march . I dont feel its going to be under HTB scheme. seems like buying a house in south dublin is going to be dream!

Phase 1 prices

Hey Guys, is there anybody who has received an appointment but is not interested in this project anymore? I am really really interested in this project but I missed the email somehow! looking for an appointment now!

A friend sent this onto me. Similar to yourself we had registered but didn’t receive an email.

Such bad luck!

Is anyone aware of how many 3-bed houses are to be released in this phase? They have not released any sort of site plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gashi

Only apartments 2 Bed are left. 380 to 390K for an apartment. Extra 40K gets you a nice duplex but all are gone.

Not sure if 2 bed are worth 390K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DonnieFrank

Did anyone book 3 bed houses Semi-D or Terrace? How much are they charging?

Advertisement