Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

What topics are people covering for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

Just to let people know, the 2021 papers and exam reports are now available on the Law Soc webiste

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

can someone share the examiners report for property 2021 (march and/or October)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ellecm

I'm still waiting on Tort recheck ! Emailed repeatedly and No Reply... Anyone else waiting ??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Has anyone received confirmation of where the exams are being held in Dublin yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

has any of the prep schools given predictions on what to focus on for tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

COMPANY

hey guys, could anybody help me out with the city colleges revision guides and predictions for company? i have decided to repeat after not passing my recheck so I'm not registered for the course with city colleges but still have my manual etc from last sitting.

i have EU material to swap if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Directors duties s238/239 predicted

Corporate borrowings

Incorporation predicted over SLP

Corporate Authority

Winding up

Receivership

Restriction - maybe unlikely but easy to prepare as an extra

Shares Transfer/sh oppression - came up last sitting so down as less likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe12234

Hi All,

Would anyone have the Law Hero Company Law manual and is willing to share?

Can swap for notes/grids etc on all of the other 7 subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 katie-12345

I have the exact same topics as you covered! S31 or ultra vires didnt come up in the last paper so i say one of them will have to come up. Restriction i think could be a PQ this time if it comes up. Look at Williams world of colour or the PQ on Jackie's business that has come up.

I dont think an essay on the changes brought in by the act will come up i saw somewhere online that some lecturer said that its served it time and not really of importance anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Our lecturer thinks Shareholder oppression and/or share transfer are unlikely to come up with both making an appearance last paper but I know the examiner has in the past put the same Q up two papers in a row so I think I will cover them in any event.

I doubt examinership will be needed, and receivership has been tipped to appear.

Directors and corporate borrowing are usually always on.

I think Incorporation could be more likely than SLP this sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

Definitely agree with you here. I ordered exam reports from last sitting at the weekend so can come back and say whether he thought the shareholder/share transfer questions were answered well, would only cover it myself if he flagged it as poorly answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Is there any point in answering the EU question which asks you to write about 3 out of the 8 listed cases or are they marked really harshly like in Constitutional? Also is there a list of which cases they choose the 8 out of?

The advice from all lecturers etc is Never do the cases question. It is harder to get marks due to the level of detail that is needed. Also i would much rather spend the time doing up sample answers for questions that are nearly bankers ie FMOG then waste unnecessary time trying to do guesswork on what cases is going to come up.

EU has been very predictable over the last few years, go back over previous exam papers/examiner reports and do up answers from them.

There is no list of cases they pick me from. they could be any cases from any year! we would never be so lucky!

The advice from all lecturers etc is Never do the cases question. It is harder to get marks due to the level of detail that is needed. Also i would much rather spend the time doing up sample answers for questions that are nearly bankers ie FMOG then waste unnecessary time trying to do guesswork on what cases is going to come up.

EU has been very predictable over the last few years, go back over previous exam papers/examiner reports and do up answers from them.

There is no list of cases they pick me from. they could be any cases from any year! we would never be so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Re Company, and the past question on incorporation and Sean the Woodturner, does anyone have a paragraph for the final point on Sean not bothering to have his accounts audited ? Thanks ! 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Thank you that's really helpful and yeah I'm gonna make some sample answers for questions that are common. It's a pity that in constitutional/EU you basically only have seven questions to answer if you forego the case note question :(

• Advertisement

If you’re stuck or more confident doing the the constitutional case note I’d say go ahead if you know the cases properly

I did it and got good enough marks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lollypop23

Hey!! Does anyone know how to view the specific marks on each paper from October 2021? I've logged onto LS and it says "no results available" and I can only download the unmarked script. Thanks

You have to request the marked script or a breakdown of your marks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Username already in use

EQUITY

Just wondering if anyone has any notes on Quistclose Trusts - struggling to get my head around it.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

CRIMINAL

Hi guys.. Does anyone have criminal law notes, either manuals or preferably typed up notes on the different topics? DM if you do, would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

Would I be able to get this too? Thanks a million :)

Hi :) anyone have any tips for passing Tort law? If anyone has a tort exam script with marks on it would be happy to swap material for it. I have exam scripts for company and criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Anyone have a Property script from March 2021?! or sample answers pleaseeeee would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

I tried to but your account is private so it wouldn't allow me PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stav

My bad! So sorry about that! I've PM'd you now

Advertisement