Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The end of what I think is a toxic power swap. My working life is almost over, but I see my own children heading out in to lives where they will have struggles they don't have to have if society was fairer. I have family living abroad and their contemporaries have a much better work/life balance, prospects, places to live that they don't have to sign their lives away to acquire etc etc.

I don't know if SF will deliver that but I know with certainty and bitter experience that the power swap certainly won't. Enda really was the final straw for me.

Another prime reason would be real moves towards a UI, he absence of which has also held us back, as an economy and most definitely a society.

P.S. No interest in a comparative study on life in other places, that is my lived experience and what I have actually witnessed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

You destroy any chance of any type of discussion on these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah that little lie....

You defend SF's anti-EU stance by the mere implement staunch support you show every day.

Thanks for the reply. I don't agree with your use of the power swap comment's and don't think I ever will as it's being used as a slur towards legitimate political parties who have been democratically elected to form stable governments.

Based on your post you have a few years on me so we might have different views but can you see any positives at all between the Ireland of the 90's and the Ireland of now?

We are privilege to live in such a safe prosperous first world nation but I can't ever remember reading a single post from yourself that acknowledges this.

I know your go-to card is 'Everything is bad and ****' and even if that was the case (It isnt), how would SF fix those?

Their track record is terrible.

• Advertisement

Wrong.

The actual issues that come up here on a day to day basis are in a very narrow band with lots of repetition. There was a long discussion yesterday and today on a topic that has come up numerous times now, on the UI thread.

I am a republican so what happened here on this island will always have me erring on the side of SF although not always.

On other issues the topics also fall into an even narrower range. I don't defend SF on economics (I think they need time in government to hone that) nor on a whole range of things that don't get discussed here.

I see others who defend parties on everything that comes up about them though.

Of course I see positives, but they were slow coming. And much more should have arrived.

On the 'power swap' thing, after Enda, it is intended to be derogatory. They are shameless and that is evidenced by how they reacted to the legitimate democratic choices of the people, They simply cannot tolerate releasing their grip on power even if it means merging/coalescing etc.

Ok so 2025 next election how do you see the next government formed if for example SF get 35\40% of the vote?

Like what? If FF get 10% would you be happy if SF use them as a minority party? Would you be happy for FF to be retained in government for 10 years?

• Advertisement

I am a republican so what happened here on this island will always have me erring on the side of SF although not always.

'will always have me erring on the side of SF'...

Yet you voted for them for the first time in the last GE.....

ROFL.

Nobody believes you, Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

You tried that yarn on before. Never said such a thing. Housing and health are ****.

A cross eyed donkey trying to lay bricks with his hoofs would be better at housing than the current lot who make it worse year on year. Any party, including SF, wanting to move in a different direction will get my support.

There are challenges in housing and health, but again how exactly would SF improve both or either? Their record in the North is terrible where housing and health issues are actually worse than in the South.

What specific policies in Health for example would SF use to fix health?

SF policy on housing seems to just object to developments left right and centre in the hope of making the situation worse, get some bums on seats and then, well who cares about the people wanting homes to live in...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

The current lot created and make worse both each year. When is enough enough?

On health it reads to me like they want to move away from a two tier service. Overhaul the entire system. I don't know how successful they might be but kicking the can down the road and throwing your hands up in the air isn't working. By the way they drag their heels on Slainte Care, I don't think fixing public health is a goal for the current lot. As with housing I suspect making money for private concerns is the end game, not better services for the tax payer.

You keep repeating that. Every party, including SF, who object give reasons. When every party, every single party, except the coalition is against a development in it's current form, you can't honestly think it's just SF blocking just because. The current set up is not sustainable. It hasn't been for many years. We need to stop depending on and using the private market. It hasn't worked. Going along as is, the best we can hope for is flooding the market with over priced bought and leased homes. As a tax payer, I don't want that.

I don't think any party has the fix. I do know the coalition are moving us in the wrong direction and they have to be stopped.

I honestly don't care if SF never get in as long as we get some crowd willing to pretty much do the reverse of much of what the coalition do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭mikethecop

So no answer at all then apart from overall entire system 😕

Yes, I can show you posts from back in 2014 where my previous account was talking about what 'SF would have to do' to get me and others to vote for them for the first time. They didn't, as I have consistently said, do that until the last general election when I voted for them for the first time, I should have done it in 2016, but that is one of my life regrets.

Here is is:

+1!

That is what is going to happen and the thing is, all SF have to keep doing is convincing people like me and Bannisihde to vote for them for the first time.

It won't be difficult to vote for them again after that Rubicon has been passed.

Why are Sinn Fein "bad"? - Page 6 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The problem with learning on the job as you expect Sinn Fein to do is that the whole place could collapse around us as Sinn Fein have used mica in the foundations.

Well then, it will be the job of the electorate to hold them responsible. Overuse of Mica is the job of the regulators to assess not the end user, and SF will not be able to wash their hands of responsibility nor make it the fault of the electorate/end user.

The mods won't allow discussion of the complete lack of credibility to that post and other similar ones.

Which would be basically your opinion, so I can see why it wouldn't be allowed. Those are the facts quoted above though, in 2014 I still had to be convinced to vote for them the first time, so I would appreciate if that lie was stopped.

• Advertisement

So eight years ago, you were banging on about FG, and Enda, and the Queen, and those bloody partitionists, bigging up Sinn Fein and we are told that you only voted for them for the first time last year????

Riiiiigght!!

As I said, no one believes your Francie. You don't have any credibility left.

This post is illuminating and the responses to it are even funnier.

You supported SF then and you support SF now. Its that simple.

I see nothing contradictory to my view now and then Mark.

I never said that I didn't have misgivings about FF and FG...you really need to understand the difference between a party member and a floating voter. I have voted for FG and FF while disagreeing with them on some things. I have voted for SF now, while disagreeing with them on some things.

No party will ever satisfy completely and if they do that is the day I will join a party. I am not expecting to in my lifetime.

I don't care if you 'don't believe me' I care about the facts...and they are consistently stating who I voted for and who I didn't.

Of course, YOU don't see anything contradictory, but the rest of us? Yea, sorry your tall tales don't fly anymore.

I don't want to bring this thread off-topic as it's to do with Sinn Fein but anyone is free to have a peep through older posts and discussions of that account and the findings are illuminating, to say the least, not which the thread you started in the Conspiracy Forum complaining that boards.ie has a 'Royalist agenda'.

But yea, you just voted for SF last year, and pigs can fly.

Continuing on a conversation we had yesterday, I looked up what SF's position on Neutrality is. Not surprisingly they take a pro-Russia and anti-NATO and anti-EU line

This is a good find.

The escalation of involvement with EU military structures and the recent expulsion of a Russian diplomat in supposed solidarity with another EU member state under the pretence of common defence and security cooperation (CDSC) clearly shows that this Government is prepared to sacrifice our neutrality and independent foreign policy at the altar of European integration unless stopped.

Amazing the u-turn. SF is front and centre asking us to expel the Russian ambassador. Clearly, they want to appear tough on Russia, while trying to hide the shameful past.

Also this nuggest.

Actively seek the demilitarisation of the EU and resist efforts at further militarisation of the EU and between Member States.

Or clearly they think that once a sovereign country is invaded that actions should be taken.

What actions though?

Is the line at expelling an ambassador?

How about joining NATO or sending lethal aid to Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The same sovereign country was invaded in 2014, and has multiple regions of its sovereign territory under illegal occupation by Russia since then.

Yet Sinn Fein have consistently opposed any actions or motions seeking to sanction or criticise Russia right up until last week.

Apart from condemming the invasion of 2014 in a Dáil statement.

Forgive me, but I won't be blaming SF mistrusting a British intelligence assessment they had not seen. Britain has had dubious reasons and an agenda of their own for starting wars and increasing tensions militarily.

It is quite illuminating to see Sinn Fein's foreign policy torn apart on here and equally illuminating to see the desperate defence of it.

Sinn Fein is a member of that group. Where will they run off to hide next?

Words are cheap now, but people will remember the votes cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Much like we know SF's history of not blaming Russia for anything - we are all well aware of your history of not blaming SF for anything also.

They issued a statement - big whoop - they followed up their statement by then opposing any actual actions being taken against Russia.

They even opposed a motion recognising the territorial integrity of Ukraine.

SF have been caught out badly on the wrong side of history when it comes to Russia, and are now scrambling to try and get back onside. The blatant propaganda from their cheerleaders on here is as transparent as ever

Advertisement