Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to leave/take when moving out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Get with reality yourself there.

Nobody thinks someone leaving a crap washing machine in a house for the next person to get rid of is no hassle - apart from yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

If you get a new one delivered they take the old one so very little hassle. I never said no hassle I said little hassle and been blown out of proportion. Here you are blowing up what I said to make a point never made. Yes it is hassle but minor that is all I ever said. Moving is a hassle and one extra appliance is a minor inconvenience that many people won't encounter as it will either be removed when you buy a new one or you can get it to a bring centre for free. So reality is it unlikely to be a major hassle and in the scheme of buying a new property very minor.

Note I am not doing it to anyone but have dealt with many times so if any one is to complain it would be me having had to deal with it so much. So as somebody effected by this I am telling you it is minor to me and effects me but has never effected you so why are you so mad about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

It has effected me several times. Scumbag thing to to. And the people who do that usually leave other unwanted presents too.

For example the last time was only 3 weeks ago. Helped a friend move into a house they bought. Dryer and washing machine left. Trampoline left in the garden. Falling down rotten shed flat on the ground. Attic full of rubbish.

So we had to leave their washing machine and dryer outside in the rain while we disconnected the existing ones. Then after disconnecting and connecting their own ones, left the crappy junk ones outside where they are still waiting to be transported to recycling. Royal pith. Really dont see how someone could class that kind of carry on as trivial.

Advertisement