Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It’s Pancake TUESDAY not Pancake Day! Always on a Tuesday, call it Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, whatever, why the need to drop the Tues?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

F*cking c*nt tube drivers. They get paid a fortune to sit on a chair while a computer does their jobs and now they've the gall to shut London down because they want a bigger handout. It took me nearly 3.5 hours to get in this morning.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We should drop the Tues as it is more inclusive for the Norse pantheon atheists

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

TA'd at having to work for a living haha

Roll on summer holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Grammarly suggesting a "better" way of phrasing what I just wrote and doing it more concisely that I did, bring down the word count on a document I'm struggling to meet the word count on.

Ta2 Having to hand type a table of contents 😫

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Every tuesday is Fat Tuesday for me. I'm not exactly slim on the other days of the week either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They have a responsible job but they earn about the equivalent of 65 thousand euros… there are airline pilots not earning that.

With everything going on it is not a good look right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at being a Scotsman in Ireland.

I feel sorry for people who have to listen to me raise my voice (not angrily). It is always misconstrued as me being angry when it couldn't be further from the truth

It's been a very frustrating thing I've dealt with since moving to this country where friends always misunderstand where I'm coming from when I raise my voice and the response is always "stop getting so thick", and it ends up completely derailing the conversation or discussion into an unnecessary argument where I'm trying to defend myself by saying that I'm not angry and people will argue back and say "you are" and "why are you in a bad mood?"

It's even worse when I'm in a shop and the person behind the counter can't hear me very well so I have to raise my voice and it ends up drawing eyes.

I remember when I was talking to my missus in the kitchen one day, and her sister (in the living room) called her in a few minutes later and asked "why was he giving out to you?".

It's embarrassing.

To anyone who has met and heard me in real life, please, I'm not angry. It's just the way I talk!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Apparently, 8 of them make a hundred grand annually. You can't just apply for the job either, there's a greasy (pro-Brexit) union pole that needs climbing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Golden Discs don't sell any recent drum and bass mix CDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pretty sure the rat living under my shed has mutated into some giant Ratzilla thing straight out of season 3 of Stranger Things. Just went in there for something and EVERYTHING non-metal was shredded. Time to just take a match to the whole thing methinks.

Which would also solve the problem of next door's triffid taking over that whole corner of the garden, now that I think of it. Hmm... 🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

In Little House On The Prairie, there was an episode where grain was stored in shed and rats got in making loads of people sick.

They burned it to the ground which solved the problem.

This one ate 10 kilos of suet balls over Christmas. In fairness, that was on me cause I left the lid off the tub by accident, but I fcuking dread to think what size the thing is now. Even my dog won't go near the shed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Had a feeling it was something to do with that alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The thread unroll melts on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tiktok… I was asked to sign up by my girlfriend… she has her work profile on there for her healthcare job… but what is it with the app ? I enjoy the functionality.. it’s clever, well designed, great functionality and user friendly so… design 10/10….very user friendly but…

it’s full of fućkin weirdo attention seekers, who wants to watch….?….

1) a stranger playing Xbox/PS5 in a darkly lit room

2) a girl putting on makeup/using cleanser

3) a person sleeping :O

4) a person making odd sounds with a furry microphone cover thing and their mouth wtf…bizarreness… I’m reading it’s called ASMR ?

5) two people watching tv, the camera is on them… and they talk about what’s happening in a movie or tv show…none of us can see..

when and why did attention seeking become such a thing with this generation of 16-25 year olds, it’s pure bizarre !

ok I’m probably old now, officially, ok middle aged…so I genuinely don’t for the life of me understand it but if anybody knows why one person wants to be one of these people… a tiktoker, I’d be grateful for any opinions, feedback and thoughts……

respectfully yours,

unimpressed…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Calm down, would you? There’s no need to be giving out.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Was in doing the theory test. I want to add trailer BE to my licence

I walked in, put the contents of my pockets into a locker and got photo and into the test.

Guy behind me has to do the same but was given the once over with a metal detector.

He was black. I'm no captain woke but that's pretty fcuking racist..I wouldn't mind but I was wearing baggy fleece, he was wearing a skin tight t shirt.

Post edited by AckwelFoley on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Annual car insurance rant time. Possibly part one.

Pretty much all of the brokers and direct insurers I tried this year offered online quotes, apart from from one. They might offer a hell of a quote, but I won't be ringing to find out.

Annoyingly, I will be ringing my own insurer. Most years nobody comes close to my renewal quote, but this year someone beat it by almost €100. Tomorrow I'll ring my insurer to see if they'll match it, to try and save myself the hassle of switching.

In general I was again surprised by the range of quotes. Pleasantly surprised that a couple came close to my renewal quote, but not far enough under for me to bother my ass switching. Still surprised that some brokers and even direct insurers are so far above my renewal quote. I could understand a broker throwing out some insane quotes to try and make it seem like you're getting a bargain, but some direct insurers were more than double my renewal quote, and I saw some quotes almost four times the best quote!

The most annoying thing this year was 'occupation'. Only three of the ten plus sites I tried managed to do an exact match. Most were very restrictive.

I probably shouldn't name them, but there was one broker whose website had a **** attack trying to resolve my address. No other website had a problem, but this major broker did. I also couldn't put in my address manually, because the town I live in doesn't exist in their database, though other towns half the size do. Even the closest match I could do wouldn't generate a quote for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try with an alternative spelling (if you're in Ireland), a lot of towns have them. Try the Irish spelling, even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That robot judge on ‘Home of the Year’. It’s not an architecture competition, any home with any personality is “lowballed” by her and barely has a chance of getting through.

The clue is in the name, home, not house, of the year.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It's not trivial, but thunderous headaches that painkillers don't make a dent on. Yes , I know the whole whiplash culture was out of control and something had to be done, but f.ucking hell these headaches only started after my 'crash'. I was given a stronger pain killer, but it's been removed due to evidence it causes heart problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having to chase and pay a person to calculate a sum to submit to the government, govt get less than 200, fees were 180(30 of which is vat and the like)

I cant tell what I'm more annoyed about, not having access to the information to do it myself or that I'm double paying the govt for such a tiny sum.

😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Promise rings, Push presents, Feck sake !

People who drive like they're actively willing green lights to go red before they get to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Annual car insurance rant, part two.

Rang my insurer after getting a quote elsewhere almost €100 cheaper, and might as well have been talking to a robot. First asked me all sorts of marketing questions - no, I don't want to receive emails about special bloody offers. Made one small change to the policy and went through all the legal stuff again. Was that really necessary before I took up the policy? Eventually came back with a quote €2 less than my renewal quote! Then spent ages telling me how their benefits were ever so slightly better than their competitor whose quote I took up. Twenty minutes plus on the phone to (not) save myself two fecking euro. Shouldn't have bothered giving them a chance to retain my business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement