Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

How is the interviews going for everyone? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 12 moonunit90

I literally just finished my interview. It’s intense. Very good cop, bad cop scenario. They’re very helpful. Just make sure you listen to the questions and take a few seconds to think about it. If you’re going off track they set you right very quickly. As long as you listen to the prompts and don’t get flustered by the interruptions you’ll see they’re just being sound. I had lots of examples prepared but some weren’t applicable in the interview so I had to do some on the fly. Being honest over polished seems to work the best. Maybe don’t listen to me though because I honestly don’t know if I did well or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

I did mine yesterday.

It's pretty long (about 45 minutes in my case) and, as moonunit says, feels pretty intense.

Very hard to say how I did, tried to prepare as much as I could but had talk about some things off the cuff as well.

Not sure how we hear back from this step?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 moonunit90

Did you also come out with absolutely no idea if it went well or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

Absolutely - haven't a notion of if it went well!

I thought it did but I have been wrong about that plenty of times before...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

I got notified for interview today for Tipperary I'm no.6

Has anyone changed their interview date?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aislingm999

Just completed the E-tray yesterday...completely forgot about this competition until I got an email the other week.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results for the E-tray exercise? And the likelihood of being called for an interview for Dublin? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

For me was about 6-8 weeks results and then a week later got expression of interest email and couple of days after that got interview date. Pretty quick as soon as results happened.

I also forgot about it, but no harm in giving it a bash :)

Post edited by castle_lover on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shannonboyleex

Hi all, I have my interview next week and I am prepping using the competencies set out on the information booklet, can anyone who has done the interview inform me as to how many questions are asked per competencies? I want to ensure I have enough examples prepared and covered. Also are the usual what are your strengths/weaknesses questions asked or are the questions all directly structured by the competencies

many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

I had totally forgotten about this part of the competition......

I took a chance and did the eTray and goodness knows how it went - I found it very long.

I am not sure how I did, I am still worried that I may have missed something but sure it is now in the lap of the Gods and holy angels.

What will be, will be.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

Hey Dublintigger, I thought the etray was very long also. I thought I would have loads of time from some of the comments that were made and the familiarisation material. I had one minute left at the end to check that I had everything answered. It was confusing that some of the emails you had to hit send to respond and then for others you just closed out of 🤞 I hope it all saved correctly. Nothing we can do now just hope for the best 👌

We can only do what we can do 🤞hopefully it will work out for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HH2020

Hi everyone,

Just finished my interview and now I am wondering, how long does it take to get the results and, are they also sending a message when you are not successful?

It would probably be nice to have asked them this, but I totally forgot 😅

No idea how I did, as some others said before. It was quite intense but they are very helpful and try to get the best from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

Interviewer told me it would about 4 weeks according to public jobs, again like above people I have no idea how that interview went, a lot more intense than the CO interview

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Said same to me, about 4 weeks. Again I’m same as above, No idea how it went for me. They were very nice, I felt relaxed. They weren’t trying to catch you out but trying to get the most out of you. I just have to hope my scenarios/examples, were strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 footiemom45

I did my interview 21st jan. Was told would be a week. Following Monday morning i got message. Contract and notice gave that day as i needed to give a month. I start next Monday.28.

Well done🙌 Good luck in your new job 👏👏👏

Well done🙌 Good luck in your new job 👏👏👏

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

I have my interview this week and I don't mind admitting I'm quite nervous about it after reading many comments saying it's pretty intense. Can anyone share any tips they found helpful, apart from using the STAR method.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Try to structure your answers around these and be shameless in using the text from above to highlight how you did them.

and say I did I fixed I introduced not we when answering questions. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 aislingm999

Anyone who has had their interview, did any awkward/particularly difficult questions come up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

What drives you?

Not particularly awkward but it can be hard enough to give a good answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 raelia

I interviewed last Monday and emailed today to see what the wait time will be. I will let you know what the time frame is once they respond.

For the Dublin panel at least

Thanks for that. There's no harm in having a reply to it just in case it comes up.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Does anyone know if your OOM changes after the interview or do you retain your current OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Did anyone ever question your integrity?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Done my interview today for Dublin and was told I'll hear back in 2 weeks

Oh lord, that's a difficult one if you are unsure about what integrity means. Were you asked that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Yeah your OOM can change after interview, a strong interview should increase your placing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Etray results for the latest round will be out in Mid April. It doesn't leave much time to be placed if successful and then having to interview by the looks of it.

At least they let us know the timescale and also hopefully they are a bit quicker than their estimate.

Advertisement