Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭paulbok

Up and down day weather wise today, still got 15.8.

10kWh a day was the avg forecast for Feb, apart from the couple of days the inverter was down, should hit that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Snow on the ground up here,

But when the snow cleared and the sun came out, boom 5kw! Then some more snow rolled in!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

5 degrees of due south. Interesting to see that my 6kw inverter exceeds 6kw at times. Should that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yup that's normal, you'll see that once the panels are cold and they get full sun out of a sudden.

Regularly see 6.5 even 7 at times but it's just a spike. Not so much on clear days since they get too hot and produce less then

Thanks. Hit 7.2 once or twice but just a very quick spike ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Today is looking like it would have been another epic day, but alas my power is about to go off….

I’ve the battery up to 90%, so that should run the internet & computers for the day, but it’s a pity the panels can’t still at least charge the battery in the event of a power cut, in a closed circuit type setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Best day yesterday also just pipping the previous so happy out, car still not at home most of the time so exporting the majority of it at the minute😥 that should go back to normal next week onwards. Usually in a van most of the week but it has been sitting in a garage waiting on parts...

8.16kWh system, 200° and 35 ° in South Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Ha long could you pm your pics, please if you can or the link you sent previously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Another solid day here in Dublin (5.3Kwp, East/West Split)

Broke that 10Kwhr psychological barrier for the first time today. Yeah! It's great these times.....nearly everyday as we progress into the year is a new record setter for us new installations.

Tomorrow looks solid too. Sunday not so much (at the moment) from the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Do you know why the West fell off a cliff at 14:30 ? Or for others, get to know your system and watch for anything strange going on.

The monthly stats will confirm that peoples' systems are working correctly (or not)

• Advertisement

I do indeed championc. This fecker in red below rolled in from the west....... :-)

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

To be fair, I do have some trees across the road from me which would affect me anyway from 3:30-4:00pm , but no.....this was very much a case of the clouds rolling in.

Wow - tomorrow looks well manky for Dublin!!

Be lucky to break 2-3Kwhr I reckon . Tuesday looks like the best day of the year potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Going out strong here. Overall I'll probably end the month on about 170kWh compared to last year's 20kWh but I'll hit double figures today at least.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'm on par with last year i think, Today pulled it out of the bag.

I did add 4 extra panels in April, so 207 with 20 panels vs 208 with 24 panels. There has been a lot of storms this year in feb

last year :

this year :

22Kwh predicted for tomorrow! .. "here comes the sun, do do do do"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Super day today for my 3.24kw system.

Got 9kw of solar and cooked a lasagne this afternoon with minimal grid input. Was getting 2.4kw at one stage.

105 kW so far this month

15.5kw yesterday, 253kwh (6.84kw system) for the month, would have met the forecast of 280 but for 3.5 days of no production due to inverter issues. 100% self use.

Started up before 8am this morning, forecast is good for today so may be a record day 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

21.5 kwh produced yesterday here in the West. Thinking I should have prioritised storage over increased panels as midway through installing third array and at this rate will be seeing a lot of export. 20kw batteries on the way but will be April/may before here hopefully if no issues with shipping.

Today looks like will be the best production of the year too. Will be superb start to march

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭irishchris

Turned out it has been the best day of year with 32kwh generated and still another hour or so to go of sunshine here

Best of the year here too. It'll be a while before my westy string starts giving me the proper big numbers, but my previous best for 2022 was 11.3kWh.

Today I'm on 16.7kWh currently, and still generating 2.75 now.

10kWh into the car, zero export. I've reduced my overnight charge again, probably only adding about 6kWh now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Currently on 12kWh and still generating 1.2kW.

2.5kWp S facing system.

Got a few >10 kWh days in Feb too which was nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

34.8kw produced today on 7.8kw panels, down for an hour at peak of the day as well, with a "grid over frequency" alarm, so possibly lost out on another couple of kw. Pure south facing panels in south-east Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yep, winter is definitely over. 56kWh today, 16kWp panels 11kWp inverter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

You should read this topic: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058171468/solar-voltage-rise-a-spanner-in-the-fit-works/p1. You'll want to see if it's recurring, can cause a lot of trouble if you don't address it.

Finished up on 18.8kWh.

Funny enough I checked back and last year March 1st was my second best of the month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

24.4kWh today. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Pretty much perfect day today, wasn't generating anymore if we tried.

Eddi was done by 11:40am with 3.98kWh and the Zappi 23.18kWh and still managed to export 7.6kWh. 1.27kWh into a small oil filled radiator with another taking 2.03kWh.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

31kw, beating previous record by 50%

2.2kw to Eddi, grid purchase cleared off and 5.4 'loaned' to the grid until later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

10.7kw from a 3.24kw system today

Best day yet. A beautiful curve! 6.9kw system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Record in Dublin as well, 25.3kwh started very clear then sun and clouds, pissed at the 0.6kwh export 🤣

Advertisement