Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

AFAIK mats are included for the passenger cabin, but not for the boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

I've been looking at these for my incoming MY. RHD mats start shipping 10th April for MY. They also have mats for 3/X/S and get good reviews on online. They also ship to Ireland (unlike a lot of the other contenders (e.g. 3D Maxpider from Teslarati). TAPTES®, #1 Tesla Accessories Store, 1000+ Model S 3 X Y Accessories – TAPTES - New Tesla Accessories Added Weekly

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I thought all versions of the Model 3 come with cabin mats now?

Previously SR+ came with nothing, but now you get them..

I don't have a boot mat and dont really miss having one, and I only have a frunk mat as it came with the cabin mats I ordered for my SR+ 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Took the SR+ to Kerry last week.

Have to say the V3 Superchargers are a real game changer for anyone doing the Dublin -> Cork/Kerry run.

Can hammer down the motorway section now and have 2 solid charging options in Ballacolla and Mahon Point. Arrived into Mahon point ~10% and was getting 160kw peak. Just had time to pop in grab a coffee and was back to 80% ready to go. Prior to this location opening would have been looking at getting a charge in Macroom (single unit and quite busy).

When I took a picture: 671km Distance 130 kWh Energy 211 Wh/hm Avg Energy

The day I drove down was horrendous, very strong headwind, rain and cold. I was doing 120km (maybe a bit more) all the way to Cork.

Weather was not great at all down there, same wind/rain so i'm pleased with that consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got a Rhino padded liner for my S as they are much easier to lift when you want access to the lower storage area in the boot, I feel they also reduce noise from the rear motor as I've had loaners much louder than mine. No comment on M3 fitment

Made to measure waterproof boot liners and seat covers for all makes and models (rhinoukbootlinersltd.co.uk)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Just discovered I lost one Aero wheel cover. I stopped by the service center/store and it seems they don't stock anything over there. Tried to order in the app but they've disappeared from inventory. Was browsing last week and they were 25 odd for a pair. hmm. Maybe I should print one.

SC inventory keeping is zero, even day to day items are not kept, all parts are land delivery from Netherlands after they get stock from either US/China.

Big weakness on their part

Yeah a bit disappointing. I don't like to drive around with this.

I have a mobile service appointment tomorrow for a small thing and I asked them if they have something in stock to bring it to me. Low expectations though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Adverts.ie

Let us know how you get on. I may have an old one there that you can have.

I have got four Tesla Delivery Appointment reminders today for tomorrow.

I don't think I am going to forget...😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferturn

Well, lesson learned for me - wanted to share my experience so everyone else can avoid a similar situation.

Called Tesla (015134727) last week and spoke to an employee who said my car was going to be in Dublin on March 4th and booked my pickup slot for the following day. Appointment appeared in website+app after that. Called them again earlier today and they confirmed all looks good and I should have reg within next 2 days.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago, email from Tesla that appointment was scheduled before it should have and has now been cancelled...

I had arranged to sell my current car so this is very disruptive to say the least, awaiting response from Tesla to my email where I explained the above

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did they give a time frame of how long of a wait you now have?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferturn

No specific delivery timeframe, but car now expected to be in Dublin "early next week"

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

thats both disappointing and annoying. I hope you ( and the rest of us) don't have to wait too long. I know MSL Compressor dropped cars at Zeebrugge on Friday and as far as I can tell they have not yet been shipped to Ireland. Perhaps they are waiting for the next ship from China to reach Zeebrigge before transporting. I am just speculating given absence of communication from Tesla..

Sorry, wrong thread. Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

If you often have muddy shoes or kids, highly recommend deep sided floor mats. I have a set of these from Amazon and they are brillant for keeping the muck out. Note however these particular ones have a deep imprint pattern that some peeps said they dont like - personally I think the modern design is in keeping with the car.

Tip: if buying from Amazon or the mainland, check to make sure the mats suits a RHD car as the vast majority out there are for LHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

Agree with you on the sound reduction.

I've the double laminated front glass and TBH I dont think it results in much noise reduction at all, given most of it is road noise from the tyres. I used the carpet floor mats supplied by the leasing company underneath my plastic mud floor mats and it seems to help dampen the road noise at high speed on the motorway.

And the good thing is you can go the park. Get in with the kids covered in muck and the. Just power wash the rubber mats and back to new 😁

• Advertisement

Note - if you're with bank of ireland, there is a limit for outgoing payments of €1000/day for the first two days after you've added a payee.

Tesla won't accept a card payment (or they wouldn't from me anyway). If you are going to pay by transfer, you should set them up as a payee early and then you'll be able to pay overnight when the time comes rather than waiting for 3 days (2 days to initiate and one for the payment to go through).

I also took the opportunity to transfer a small part of the payment so I could see my tesla balance update and make sure everything was correct before I send them 10's of thousands.

Any real world range indications from all you new Model 3 owners?

I just went to the branch and made a large payment request. Money left my account in the instant and transaction confirmed by Tesla the same day.

The absolute bastards - I called into the branch just there now to see if I could do anything. They gave me a paper form and they're going to scan it and send it to a different group in the bank <head banging a brick wall emoji>

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

So I got bank details in my account today, which I’m guessing by the above others did too. I have a VIN in the source code and I’ve been told to expect a pick up date “some time in March” from the awesomely helpful sales team in Cork, but has anyone else got any closer to an actual calendar date or a reg to start taxing and insuring??

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

For anyone who hasn't blocked me yet 😜

February registration numbers are in good news and bad news Tesla has increased the number of cars delivered compared to last year about 25% to 220 cars in Feb (but that doesn't keep pace with their manufacturing increase and increase in the UK numbers). Of course there are march deliveries also and looking like those maybe higher than Feb and the 160 cars from march last year.

Even with the increase in cars Tesla has dropped to 6th in the ev list if registrations and its market share dropped from over 9% to 5%.

So for you guys wanting a niche car already purchased and want to hold value all good (until time to change and wait). For potential new customers fair to middling news increase in number of cars but enough to support the market and knock services from that? But who knows if they double the numbers from march last year might show more intent.

Your sincerely

Mr. Negative (apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Do we know if the latest new cars have the heated front wiper space feature? Essentially a heated element in the glass where wipers sit when not in use? I’m collecting tomorrow morning all going well

Just collected earlier today, haven't checked the wipers yet but seems to have the full latest spec.

Will post up a few pics when get a chance, enjoy tomorrow..

Picked up at 12:30 today, good experience, very simple and easy. Glad I brought up a drying towel, car was covered in water beads after a cold frosty night. Made checking over the car easier, could only find one slight defect where the rear fender joins the bodywork just behind the rear left wheel. Not easily noticeable, but reported it. Otherwise car appears perfect.

Left with 55% battery and 11km total on odo, drove to Kilcullen (About 45 km). Got up to 80% quickly and drove home to west Co Wexford. Will charge to 100% overnight.

Fantastic car, has all the latest spec incl Matrix lights, new rear light cluster with two reversing lights, AMD Ryzen etc. Tech all works great and quite simple, only problem I am having is setting up the user profiles. Will give it another go in the morning with a clearer head.

Power wise, it feels very similar to the unicorn I drove in January. Perhaps those who are used to the SR+ would notice a difference, but for me it has loads of power. And seems miserly on the juice even using the heater today. Looking forward to a few longer runs over the next week or so.

Nice evening for a few pics. (Pity I didn't have the aero covers off, waiting on the wheel cap kit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Yes, mine has the heated wipers , so I assume they all do

Advertisement