Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That leader, Hakeem? Is being played like a banjo by the girls. They absolutely stitched him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Re last last week, I was sorry to see Alex go. He did seem a bit clueless at times but he seemed like a really nice guy, not that nice guy cut's it. And I'm going to miss looking at this perfect hairstyle lol

Last week, I was sorry to see Francesca go to. She did make a mistake with the spelling, but I though she was a possible winner.

That's two episodes I've binged watched to get up to date. Think I'll give tonight's one a miss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Looks bad but so much of this show is down to editing. When he finally stuck with light tinting on the pod it looked like he was back and forth but if the show decided to edit it differently then they could make it look like he put his foot down when the girl suggested dark tinting. I am always conscious of the narrative the show wants to push. Some people look like dictators and others like wimps but it's probably something in between a lot of the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well it looks like Akeem luck boxed it again. Over 1 million imaginary bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Obviously should have had the party pod waiting for Sophie instead of the taxi

• Advertisement

Ah I know but he flip flopped on who was going to do the pitches and on the initial idea, they definitely picked out the bits that made him look bad but he was played.

that said they did okay in the end, the other team were all over the place. Changing your mind on who to bring in is a mugs thing to do.

He is definitely weak editing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Sophie sealed her fate by bring Akshay back in to the boardroom, it was clearly a personal gripe against him and he did reasonably well in the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We were all thinking it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

To be fair to the one who was fired, she had to give the design team a brief on how she wanted the car to be designed bef met the corporate clients where she was told that they wanted a different design, the design team had already done their work by then

It's all a bit ridiculous really 

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"I feel like I can sell, and I know Akshay can sell"

" How many did you sell then?"

"I sold zero"

😄

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Don't think there was ever a week I wanted a team and particularly that teams PM to lose more. Sophie is a bloody idiot, she completely ignored Akshay who had actual knowledge of cars and ended up designing something you would see around Temple Bar of a Saturday night and didn't follow the brief at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭McFly85

Thank god Sophie is gone, she was dreadful. Completely moved the goalposts in the task, designed something at odds with her revised instructions to her sub team, and in the boardroom she was just as indecisive, backtracking on who she was bringing back before deciding to bring the boys back again.

I did like that Lord Sugar made a point to say Akshay was staying in front of her, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I dunno why but there's something quite likeable about Akshay. He's useless but endearing. 

Hakeem and Catherine come across quite well too, Harpreet is a thundering **** though 

Harpreet is pretty good but would be a nightmare to deal with. The way she was speaking to Akeem was a bit of a red flag for how she would treat people if working with Lord Sugars team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Think it's quite clear Sugar likes him too, probably the reason why he's still in the process. Or maybe he's got a killer business plan, idk.

My wife said last night that Sugar likes him.

really thought 2 were gone last night, even before he brought the 4 of them in, in fairness to Sugar he was on the ball with who she was going to bring back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I've watched every season except for the first one and this has been by far the worst. Virtually every task has been the same (due to Covid restrictions obviously). It's so boring watching them repeatedly haggle over fake money with people who are obviously in on the show. It really reminds me of the Irish Apprentice where every task was to make an advertising campaign for whoever the sponsor was that week. Hopefully it'll be back to normal next year because this is incredibly dull.

Claude is sorely missed too. Tim isn't very interesting at all in comparison.

I’m quite enjoying it, tasks are quite repetitive but I think they picked a particularly inept bunch this year to make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Really looks like Sugar has a soft spot for Akeem - must like the business plan etc.

The level of product placement / advertising this year is ridiculous. I love the task where they get a list of 5 or so random/obscure items and have to secure at the best price; they are not allowed to google etc. they haven't done it this year and probably cause there is no element of sponsorship etc.

• Advertisement

I’d imagine running into random shops all over town with a film crew might put pressure on any restrictions during filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The last great season was the one with Stuart Baggs (rip) and I think even Jedi Jim from NI was also on that one. They were 2 great characters, full of fun and smarts and in the case of Stuart he had the extra bit of mad eccentricity. Lol when Jim was asked to describe himself without a pun, he thinks for a few seconds then says he is everything that is written on the tin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

She is tough to deal with but I think she was being even more overbearing with Akeem because she knows how inept he is. Next time he’s on the losing side he’s guaranteed to go, he’s very lucky to still be in it, by far the weakest left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The fellas this year are absolutely clueless, so bad it's actually quite funny, was like watching dumb and dumber trying to put together the food. Having said that the women seem very clicky and have tried to target the lads from the start.

Agree that the tasks have been very samey due to Covid but am liking the series as they've been to some great venues.

Where is Claude?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

But he has 2 wins as PM. A good PM is someone who can get others to do the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They are all useless. Literally every single one of them.

RE Claude, he had a cycling accident, the new guy hasn't made much of an impression I must admit.

'Having said that the women seem very clicky and have tried to target the lads from the start.'

I think its the producers pushing that, it helps the ratings for the show injecting a bit of boys vs girls into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Why were they negotiating with caterers and then cooking themselves? 26 quid a head for ingredients is a joke.

Also, why do they keep having tasks where they set the price before they even know the costs of what they are providing?

Finally, how do you negotiate when there is only 1 option for a corporate client. If the peroni guy just said 10 quid they had no other option but to accept or they would’ve gotten zilch. Silly situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It is one of the worst shows for plot holes going. I still enjoy it but it's really lost its edge and relevance more and more each year.

Worst of all, all these menial, pointless, hypothetical go-for tasks to show how good....a business partner you are on something totally unrelated.

A brilliant business pitch with potential for millions could hypothetically fall by the wayside because.... you're crap at designing a video game.

Advertisement