Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Hats off to you Sir! I contributed a little Something a few days ago also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,957 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crazy to have them playing each other,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭jmreire

Jordan is a beautiful Country, and Amman a beautiful city. The range of colors of the desert sands is fantastic... from white, to red and everything in between. I still have a bottle of Jordan sand of different colors, forming the shape of a camel inside. And when driving around Amman, its nothing to see members of the royal Family, or even the King himself stopped at the traffic lights beside you. And as you said, plenty of US Hummers.... Lovely place. Aleppo would have been a big difference... and Aleppo , like Damascus were both beautiful cities too, before the war. An EMP strike would for sure disable quite a lot of modern hi-tec controlled aircraft( and other equipment as well !! ) I remember flying a lot in Herc C 130 ( prop driven ) planes into some very basic landing strips..flattened gravel surfaces. One time after doing one landing ( was in Afghanistan ) offloading, and taking off again to pick up another load, when we were coming in to land, one of brake warning lights refused to go green, and we had to lane with it on Red. But the landing went off without a hitch and when we investigated, we found that one of the electrical cables connected to the brake caliper's had been severed by a stone when we were taking off. Wire strippers, plastic electrical connector, some insulating tape, and we were ready to fly again. Not exactly rocket science....I saw a lot of " Ad-Hoc repairs " carried out from time to time,,,,which would not encourage any confidence in the passenger's, if it was a commercial flight, and they saw it going on !!!. What route did you use to get from Amman to Aleppo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭jmreire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,657 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden has just announced they are going after the Russian oligarchs to seize their assets and, as earlier reported, closing US airspace to Russian flights.

Kids detained for Anti-war/Putin protests.

I usually agree with Wibbs, but not this time. Putin is not sane.

'What were you grabbed for?'

'placard'

'same'

So I guess it's a Gulag?'

'Yep'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I find the lack of Russian air power very strange. They have no qualms with using it in Syria but in Ukraine not as must. I think the Russians are being restraint in this regard. Just with the use of drones etc. by Ukraine, Russia don't seem to be using them to the sme degree. You would think they would be using drones in the west of Ukraine on supplies Ukraine are getting in but nothing of the sort as you would think Russia would have their own drone videos out showing same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Ukraine main government website seems to be down

Edit:

Thats ok so is the main Russian government website 😈

• Advertisement

This will be our opening contribution. We expect that over time there will be further requests and we’ll be addressing those as time goes on and the needs that are there are better understood,” Mr Morrison said.

“I’m not going to go into the specifics of that because I don’t plan to give the Russian government a heads-up about what’s coming their way, but I can assure them it’s coming your way.”

FYI

Thirty-eight Australian citizens or residents died in the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17. A total of 298 passengers and crew were on board.

I think Russia is low on funds, doesn't have anything like the military capability they like to project, and they don't want to lose their most expensive assets. The Netherlands were sending 200 stingers alone, though they missed a rather nice opportunity to make a point by making it 193 instead - the Number of Dutch citizens aboard MH-17.

I'd say there are still some good AA assets left and that they are very worried about the quality of the targeting heads-ups the US have been feeding them.

I wish the UK had a couple Taranis drones they could 'give' Ukraine.

At what point do the Russians start hitting the West more? If supplies are coming from there then why wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Has to be the case but you would think with drones there a lot cheaper then fighter planes so they would have a few dozen flying around picking Ukrainian targets off. They must not have them to do same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Brave, fair play….be brilliant for all of Russia including security forces, army, police… just to turn on him..

would one of his body guards put one in his head ?

Australia should send Ben Roberts-Smith over and and say 'do us proud, and all will be forgiven'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

A 1984 reference, the pinnacle of education.

How many contributors here do you think would have the balls to organize resistance or even protest in Moscow?

I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Lol indeed. I said some oppression was due to... Not "some" oppression. Twist one word here and there to give it different meaning but you are not doing it first time so not surprise here.

Katyn, sure. I agree. Yet russians there were amateurs when compared to what ukrainians did in Volhynia. Let us not even try to compare both to what germans, italians and japs did all over europe, asia and africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Not sure the propaganda machine thought this one through, but apparently a convoy of 800 vehicles was destroyed in or around a city in ukraine.

Not possible, even if they only destroyed 200 vehicles it would be a massive win. One commenter on the tweet had a good point, the map of ukraine is getting more red each day, russia are advancing, albeit slowly, with losses, but they are taking ground.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1498799589100605444

• Registered Users Posts: 23,657 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

6 days in to the war and it almost appears as if Russia is more devastated than Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Referring to the bottom paragraph quoted above, I would like to know your opinion of why vast numbers of Russian speaking Ukrainian soldiers fighting are against the Russian Federation invaders, you say these people are a minority but most of Eastern Ukraine speaks Russian as a first language. There are countless videos online showing battles with the above defending army speaking Russian in battles.

I would also like you to explain the actions of the Russian speaking population of Eastern Ukraine, peacefully resisting Russian army military forces by blocking military vehicles & standing in their path, many videos are also online. Do you believe these people are brainwashed by the Ukrainian state?

What about Russian Army troops that have been captured by Ukrainian forces, some have even claimed they are on training exercises, some have run out of fuel, ammunition & food, they have been allowed to phone their families & treated honorably as POW's. Will Russian Federation troops do the same with Ukrainian Army POW's?

Have you ever visited any part of Ukraine? Do you believe that Ukrainian Russian speakers need to be liberated by the Russian Federation military forces invasion which is occurring in Eastern & Southern regions & outside the previous conflict in the separatist regions of Donbas?

I would ask anyone who is not Ukrainian or Russian, or who has never visited any part of Ukraine to refrain from answering any of these questions. I want answers from people who have been & / or lived in Ukraine only.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

No Government are innocent, the People of a Country maybe. But as pointed out and ignored. There is Nazis in Ukraine as Putin claimed. And not just street Nazis. They are in a unit of the Ukrainian National Guard. And what if anything has the Ukrainian President done about it? If nothing, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Some more details on the group of Chechens reportedly sent to kill Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukraine-says-it-killed-chechen-forces-sent-to-assassinate-zelensky/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

You seem to have gotten around! We're you in Damascus at all? A very odd mixture of French and Russian. I was there a few times from 2009 onwards. We're you armed forces or NGO?

Mods, wake up. Comments, ( and by extention the user) like the above have no place on any forum. This thread used to a solid place of good Information gathered from various media sources and decent, logical debate.

Most of the good posters have moved elsewhere and the discussions have decended into the usual keyboard warrior bickering.

To the posters who keep going around and around and around. NATO is never going to directly attack Russia on Ukranian soil. Russia always, always has an ace up its sleeve and I've a fair idea what that ace is going to be. I suspect it's going to shock everyone, and I do mean everyone here in Ireland. Can anyone guess what that ace is going to be? Unknown to many people around the world, I think Putin has us by the short and curleys, but not in the way everyone is stating.

By the way, one poster mentioned that there is a possibility that the Russian nukes are obsolete and may not actually work. For those of us born in the 70's during cold War and having to live through the horror and terror that the Chernobyl disaster caused, all it takes is one, over the right surface material, with the wind blowing the right way. Christ, all he has to do is use a conventional bomb on the Sarcophagus, with a stiff Westerly, and it's game over for the West.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I quoted the wrong guy. It was the guy quoted by the guy I quoted. Make sense? No, me neither...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement