Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Performance Thread - Post your monthly output

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

4.83kWp south facing array, Dublin Fingal.

Finished out the month with 229kWh. PVGIS-SARAH estimate was 218kWh, so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

December Stats

2.7kWp (S), 10kWh battery, 22 deg Slope ** I believe that I'm down by 2 Panels
     Generation – 111.30 kWh
     Consumed  - 292.64 kWh
     Import   – 234.31 kWh
     Export   – 7.64 kWh
     Eddi    - 18.6 kWh
     Zappi   - 8 kWh

Meter Readings 05057 (01085 Day - up 14 / 03971 Night - up 235)

Totals so far:

Month    |  2020  |  2021  |  2022  |
    ---------+--------+--------+--------+
    January  |    75  |    56  |    81  |
    February |   122  |   142  |   111  |
    March    |   200  |   269  |        |
    April    |   279  |   373  |        |
    May      |   396  |   430  |        |
    June     |   264  |   425  |        |
    July     |   261  |   387  |        |
    August   |   254  |   264  |        |
    September|   268  |   248  |        |
    October  |   151  |   185  |        |
    November |    90  |    78  |        |
    December |    56  |    52  |        |
    ---------+--------+--------+--------+
    Total    |  2.41  |  2.90  |  0.19  |

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Apologies if this shouldn't be posted here but I feel it relevant for people posting monthly pv stats on solis systems with batteries who have been night charging.

So I have both the Solis cloud and Solis home apps installed and I've noticed in Jan that there was a difference between what was recorded as generated. From what I can see the solis cloud app counted my night charging as generation which gave a false high reading for generation of 149kwh. So i recorded the figure from my solis home app 104kwh as my true generation for Solar. See below

Now at end of January I noticed my solis home app didn't show the battery at all so I made some changes and it showed it for Feb. Now both the Solis home and Cloud app are showing the same generation for Feb of 213kwh as per below. I thought great, this has fixed the discrepancy between the two but now I've realised again that the 213 figure includes night charging so false high reading. I regret changing the settings in the solis home app as now i don't know what I actually generated🤔. I've now changed settings back and removed the battery from the home app so for March I'll have true generation figures.

So I just wanted to highlight this as I often see screen shots of the generation from the solis cloud app with very high generation and they may not realise that this is a false reading if they have been charging batteries at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I am very very lucky with my set up in that I have a perfect southerly orientation and I am also situated on an exposed elevated south facing slope with zero shading at anytime of the day. If the sun is out I will get it and I will get it until the last drop, I am also south of Cork city so there is a few extra percentage there compared to someone up north

Only installed the end of October and I cant wait to see what it will be producing on a good day in June. I just need to use it...ordered an EV but that wont be here until the end of the summer at best. It looks like and maybe longer as the VW plant in Germany has to shut down next week as they get wiring looms from Ukraine 😥

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

4th Month

Dublin - Lucan - February 22 - 7.12kW total installed (S: 3.45kW, E: 2.41kW, W: 1.38kW). E&W Optimised. 5KWh Battery, (30 S & 22.5 E/W degree pitch).

Total Generation: 229kWh (83kWh consumed directly, 111kWh into battery, 35KWh to grid)

Best Day: February 25th - 16.6kWh

Worst Day: February 5th - 1.8kWh

Total Consumption: 411kWh (51% Solar:49% Grid)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

336kwp produced in galway.

2.88kwp West

4.3kwp South

• Registered Users Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Figures are in the way up. 3.24kw West facing. North kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

February Stats

6.2kWp (2.8 south/3.4 west), 20kWh battery, Zappi & Eddi – Donegal

Generation – 170.3kWh, down 17% from 2021

Export – 4.3kWh (took 2 days holidays and didn't reduce the overnight charge, those 2 days were the best of the month...)

Import – 695.4kWh, huge increase of 58% from 2021, had a lot of driving so charged the car a lot at home sadly.

Best day – 22nd, 11.4kWh

Worst day - 2nd, 1.6kWh

Rough bill on the way with so much charging done at home. Last February I only fully charged the i3 twice overnight. This year I charged the ID3 (double the battery size) fully 5 times.

So interesting to compare the bill last year and this year. Last year had much lower use, but this year is 95% plus on night rate due to the big battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

February

6.2kWp SE, Galway

Generation: 252.9kWh

Best day: 10th, 18.07kWh

Worst: 5th, 1.52kWh

Lot of very dull days here in the west I thought, so pleased enough with that output.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

A few monster days for me in February. Exporting ~ 94kWh is not ideal. Two EVs should start to eat into that a bit more as we head towards the summer.

6.8kWp (S-SE) in Wexford.

Don't forget to register and add your stats to https://www.pvstats.eu !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

5.78kWp (String 1: 1.36kWp SE, 2.38kWp SW, String 2: 2.04kWp NW)

142kWh generated.

Best day(s): 22nd & 24th: 10.40kWh

Worst day: 20th: 2kWh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My first excess since November. Maybe I have the right amount on after all. Not a penny on my electricity bill barring the fixed service fee, which was knocked down by a third ($12 to $8) due to the excess. Unfortunately, the natural gas bill for heating was high, so I still get to shell out quite a bit on utilities, but solar won't help me with that.

11.5kW system, Texas. Full Net Metering, so any excess is stored by the grid on credit for me to use later in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Best days production yet, 34.8Kw, with system down for 1 hour midday with grid over frequency alarm, so likely lost out on another 2kw. Horrendous amount exported today 18kw 🙆‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Turned out to be a good month and a 42% increase on January, that stretch in the day makes a difference and also about 50kWh up on what was projected. Considering I didn't think it a particularly sunny month we can't complain.

Two best days at 28.6kWh with worst at 2.8kWh.

Used 68.09% exporting 124kWh, EV wasn't at home for about 3 weeks which is not the norm so would have been much higher self use rate. Battery took 125.5kWh.

8.16kW facing 200° at 35° in South Roscommon.

Battery charging rate has been further reduced for March.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

5.4 kwp east west split

124kwh for February- (up from 7kwh in December)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

5.3Kwp east/west split, but 151Kwhr for Feb. Where are you based handpref (I'm in Dublin)

I've seen this before when comparing with Jonathan. It would appear that the panels/inverter I have do pretty well on days where it's a bit ... meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I think from November to February (February did show improvement) the very gentle slope on my roof really kills off any chance of me getting any ‘deep’ winter generation. The low profile bungalow roof doesn’t work well for gathering the winter suns energy. I’ve checked the two strings and they are independent and working at different rates, provider also says it working ok. Your 151kwh isn’t too far ahead so il take some comfort in that ))

Im on the Boyne estuary- 50km up the road from you.

It’s just painful too see my winter electricity bills and know there isn’t much more I can do about it.

The house is now A rated up from a G. The two air to air heat pumps use a miserly 3/4kwh each a day- our heaviest bill was €430 but that was for December & January, the house is 21deg 24hrs a day and the milage on both ev’s was about 5,000km’s charged at night, so that’s not too bad. I think 5,000kms in my old tdi would have cost me about €490 in diesel alone. We put €100 a month aside for the Esb bill every month, what the solar saves in summer goes off the winter bill. The madness in Ukraine has me now trying to figure where I could ground mount or shed mount south facing panels to help us through winter, not sure if I’d get the payback though.

Generated a whopping 1kwh today in the rain..10kwh yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

2.5 kwp system facing south Galway City.

February production was 134.5 Kwh.

Best day was 9.4kwh on 22nd.

Worst day was 1.2 kwh on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

If you plug in your details into

https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/#PVP%20that's%20the%20calculator%20for%20Europe,

You'll see that while the slope does change the values, it doesn't change your values much (only about 1%). Unfortunately, this time of the year the East/West split that we have just doesn't yield like those south facing guys (ECO_mental etc) Adding panels, while in theory "more panels = more power"....that doesn't solve it really. Twice "close to zero" is still "close to zero" :-( and you'll end up having WAAAY more than you need from Apr->Sept. Ideally a 3rd string of ~2Kwp south panels would be the solution.

I think us East/West folk just have to set expectations that Nov, Dec, Jan (and to a lesser extent Feb) are "pants". That said, I was quiet happy there in the last week. I broke double digits for the first time and yesterday, which was stellar for everyone of course, I rocked in with 12.2Kwh.

Good times coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

7kwp South facing Dublin but about 4kwp are shaded for half the month so total is lower than expected.

Total 235kwh

Best: 24th 19.6kwh

Worst: 1st 1.9kwh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Midlands

4.1kWp SW with Winter Shading, 3.3kWp NE

1266kW imported (two EV household)

184kWh Generated

170.81kWh consumed

98kWh to Eddi

0kWh to Zappi

Highest was 11.8kWh

Lowest was 1.9kWh

19% self sufficient (excluding Evs)

Monthly cash saving €34.64

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJ O Malley

6kw system, facing south, west Galway. 300kw generated. 47% of all electricity consumed came from the panels. Would be 51% except for some surplus returned to the grid. Not bad for February!

Already this month we have exceeded 30kw on 2 days with more sunny days forecast over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

February 2022

South Dublin. 6.7kWp - 2.5 n/e, 4.2 s/w

2.4KWh Pylontech battery

generation 250kWh

• Battery Charged 61kWh
    • Exported 43kWh
    • Self use 146kWh

Consumption 546kWh

• 330kWh of which Car charged 121.2 (all night rate)
    • Battery discharge 70
    • Self Use 146kWh

Best 24/2 - 16.6kWh

Worst 27/2 - 1.6kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

4.8kW EW Dublin. 10kWh DIY battery

February 2022(kWh):

Production: 150 (143 predicted)

Consumption: 702

Import: 578 (113d, 465n)

Export: 16.2 (14.4 pred.)

Best day: 24th: 10.2

Worst day: 8th: 1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Just realised I never posted Feb stats at the start of the month. Interesting to note my yield in Feb doubled from my Jan figure. Add im headed for the same at end of March because as of this evening 14th March, I have already matched my total Feb output (212kwh)!

6.2kWp (3.1 southeast /3.1 southwest), 4.8kWh battery, – Galway

Generation – 212KWh

Export – 33kWh

Import – 1329kwh (includes 528kwh for EV)

Best day – 10 & 14th 17.4kWh both days

Worst day - 5th, 1.2kWh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'll kick us off for what should be a record March for most of us....

Midlands

4.1kWp SW with Winter Shading, 3.3kWp NE

1115kW imported (two EV household)

499.7kWh Generated

467.89kWh consumed

232kWh diverted to Eddi

105.8kWh diverted to Zappi

Approx 661.25kms of range into the EVs

Highest was 25.4kWh

Lowest was 3.2kWh

43% self sufficient (excluding Evs)

Monthly cash saving based on average daily load and all non-load items like dishwasher/washing machine/immersion at night rate, €47.59

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

16kWp DC / 11kWp AC Cork:

South: 622.53kWh
    East/West: 835.49kWh
    PV Total: 1458.02kWh
    Best Day: 26th (74.18kWh)
    Worst Day: 7th (9.35kWh)

Grid Export: 422.47kWh
    Grid Import: 179.42kWh
    Surplus Energy: 243.05kWh

CO2 Saved: 579.39kg

House Usage: 853.86kWh
    Car Usage: 237.48kWh
    Water Usage: 123.63kWh

Electricity this month cost me €10 (excluding the standing "**** you" charge), so that's €50 saved. I mined €30 worth of ETH with surplus power. Drove a bunch in EV so probably ~€150 saved, did 6 load shifts ~€11, saved another few pennies on oil with the Eddi. So all in close to €250 just this month. Not bad. At this rate I'll be paid off well before the system's expected life time.

Really improving my efficiency since tweaking my automations, compared to last March I produced 160% more energy but diverted 475% more energy to the Eddi thanks to the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mun1

5 KW (3.8 S, 1.2 W)

March generation 488 kWh

best day : today 31st 26.5kWh

Monthly self use rate 83%. EV handy to dump excess into.

passed the 7MWh total generation mark during the month.(2 year mark)

Really good March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

My first full month. 7.2KW south facing with 10KW batteries in Dublin.

I forgot to add a big thanks to all posters on this forum for all the great advice and help over the past few months.

Post edited by Ha Long Bay on

Advertisement