Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

Wealth of knowledge here.. fair play to you all.. well done.

Can someone DM me who them lads in Eniskillen are please ?

Also.. what's the most effective way to monitor what's using how much power in the house ?

Thank u in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Can someone PM me the Enniskillen lads. I've a few quotes in now and they're all coming in similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 popand

Hello everyone,

Quotation received today:

Solar Panels

4.05 kW Total Solar Power

10 x 405 Watt Panels (JKM405N-6RL3-B)

Battery

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

5 kWh Total Battery Storage

1 x Luna2000-5-S0

Inverter

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

4 kW Total Inverter Rating

1 x SUN2000-4KTL-L1

Eco-Smart Energy Diverter

3.68 kW eco-smart energy diverter

€10,700 after grant (€13,100 before grant)

Any thoughts? Is it reasonable/expensive? I am living in middle west area.

Thank you

Post edited by popand on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

€10,700 after grant (€10,700 before grant)

Mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Over how many years did the sales person tell you it should take to pay back ? And what is your current annual spend on electricity ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I think we you see Huawei in the quote you know it is going to be high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 17 popand

The quotation assumption was on 6000kW usage/year, with breakeven in 10 years.

My house consumption is 4700kW/year, or 13kW/day. Aprox. 1200 Eur spent on electricity last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I have been trying to add to my 2.5 system since late last year,company that did that installation is too busy to price job.I need more capacity due to changed circumstances(5 person household as opposed to 3 last summer).I have nice utility ground floor roof which would take 3 panels on each side in an east /west direction with small chimney stack that can cause some shading.Access to consumer board is very easy and it is in utility area.I am not entitled to grant as I availed of it last year.

I have contacted at least 4 installers to quote for 6 panel system with standard inverter,optimisers if needed or micro inverters,three said they were not interested as it was a non grant job and not worth their while and the fourth quoted an eye watering 6.5k, maybe that was a stop bothering me price.

I considered a DIY project but ill health at the moment curtails that prospect, materials cost on the usual sites was coming in c.2-2.5k.

I finally contacted a sparks mate of mine to put out feelers for somebody to consider the job,guy contacted me and had a look so I just got my quote back from him, he is SEAI registered and he will fit me in when it suits both of us and he says its half a days work.

Details of quote are.

6 Jinko 405 panels,

6 micro inverters (Hoymiles,Tsun, or other brand determined by supply)

All cabling,fittings,and rails.

All paper work.

Total is coming in at 2,480E and he emphasised that was mates rates.

Attachment of roof hooks by qualified roofer costs extra 120e.

I am going to pull trigger on it, my intention to DIY could take months till my back is right plus I'm not overly comfortable with electrics.I would suggest to others to keep getting prices as there some decent onstallers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

So not specifically for you but for anyone looking at this thread - the larger the system, the lower the self usage

You need a minimum of about 4kWp to be any way useful for EV charging, and of course, the car would need to be home during that time. 5kW storage will make feck all dent in an EV charging - night charging will likely be more economical

Everyone will have about €300 per year in Standing Charges and Fixed Levys

I'd say the most that anyone will save per year is around €600

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Started today 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You would suit the solar as a service company.

See the output spreadsheet for the supplier.

Pm me if you need the supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colin Rock

Long time lurker here.

im looking to get a system that will hopefully charge 2 electric vehicles in the near future. House is south facing. I am midlands based so any company recommendations would be greatly received.

With the current price of diesel I feel I could make savings in the long term as my commute would be around 200k a day if I go to an EV. Has anyone else done anything similar. Car is due to be changed shortly so I wouldn’t count that as part of the cost as it would have to be done anyway.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

You'll need to be "going fairly big" on the array Colin. 200Km a day equates (roughly) to about 40Kwhr. Very doable in summer time with a decent south facing array. Say 6Kwp, but to do this for more months of the year you'll probably need to be looking at 7-8Kwp (20-22 panels). Have you the roof first off to house that many panels. It's a lot and not a runner for many people if you have velux windows etc.

But that's of course trying to 100% satisfy your EV needs as well as the house. If you need to scale it back and cover say 50% of your car's needs, Solar is still a very good option for you with less panels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I thought that might be a good option, but the price is pretty steep once you get a batter, hot water or a car charger.

Its actually coming out to far more per year than my current electricity bills.

Are there more than onbe company that does solar as a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

you would also need the cars to be at home in the day time when the sun is shining? so unless you work nights it seems a tall order to be able to capture that 40kwh?

the good news is that you will certainly save money with an EV and night rate electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Sorry for all the quotes, but the responses and the DM offers of help are appreciated.

KW 8 PV array capacity

20 * Trina 400 Wp solar module

Solis RHI-6.0-48ES-5G inverter incl WiFi logger

2* Dyness 5.1 KWh battery (total 10.2KWh)

Pre grant price: €14,986 

With grant: €12,386

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

They are the only one I have seen do this service yet here. In fairness I wouldn't touch any of the ones with the hot water or the battery as they are extortionate. Go with the good value panel only option and then add hot water diverter yourself after for fraction of what is charged on the monthly option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 superemote

Hu guys, what do you think of this quote

16 PANELS 370 WATT 5.90 KW JA SOLAR

5KW HYBRID SOLIS INVERTER

5KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

EDDI WATER DIVERTER

WI FI DONGLE 

PRICE 11500 EUROS INC VAT 

GRANT 2400 EUROS APPLY TO SEAI

TOTAL 9100 EUROS

MINUS BATTERY 1500 EUROS

That sounds like the Enniskillen lads... That's a good price. Don't forget, if you don't need the Eddi, then tell them, and knock it off. They may discover that there's room for more than 16 panels, and you could put the money into them instead. Has happened to someone on here before.

How does this quote look.

First one I have got so far

16 x 370 watt 5.9 kw ja solar.

5kw pure drive battery

5kw solis hybrid inverter.

eddie

wi fi

total after grant of €2400 = €9050

How much more are we talking to get a 10kwh battery instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I was initially quoted an extra €2200 for an additional battery and got it for €2000.

Is it better to go for 2 batteries to get the 10kwh or one. Any advantage in going for 2, like double the amount of electricity that cant be used at the same time as with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pattwoie

Lurker on this thread for a month or two now.

Got a quote recently that I thought was too high (based on this threead)

12 x 370 watt Peimar (4.5 kW system)

5 kW Huawei Inverter

5 kWh Huawei Battery

No Eddi (as have Electric shower only, and gas boiler for water heating)

Total before grant: €13900

Total before grant: €11500

If I got rid of the battery, it'd be: €8200 (after grant)

Based on what I read, seemed to be quite high, even if costs are rising currently.

Could someone PM alternative suppliers that are well respected in this thread (incl Enniskillen crowd)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Well it allows more energy to be stored and used in the evening. My plan in winter is to charge them using a night rate plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So how much do people normally spend on labour for solar panel installations?

I know, I might as well be asking how long a piece of string is 😁

But here's where I'm coming from:

I'd like to buy the panels, batteries and inverter myself. I think I can get them cheaper than most of the stuff I'd buy in Ireland and I also like the idea of buying the gear I want rather than what the installer got a deal for

I've a pretty good idea of what I need in terms of panels, mountings, inverter, MPPT, batteries as well as controllers and electrical protection and can cost them up accordingly

I'm pretty happy to do the phyiscal installation of the inverter and batteries myself, and possibly even wire the DC side of the system as it's realtively straightforward

The main labour costs then would seem to be:

• Getting someone to put the panels on the roof (I'm not one for heights)
    • Getting an electrician to wire up the inverter to the house and do the required paperwork

My guess is the electrician would be a few hundered for labour, not including any parts that are needed

The panel installation I imagine could be quite expensive as it's a lot more labour intensive

So if anyone can give me an idea of costs, maybe how much they paid for X number of panels, that would be very helpful

Thanks in advance! 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

long time lurker, first time poster on here :) I got a quote today for a 4.4kw system. I work from home, and at some stage will be looking at getting an EV. House is SE aspect, and gets a good deal of sun (no shade etc). Lot sof space for panels on the roof. I look to be using about 13 - 14kw per day during winter (which I assume will go down over the summer). Anyway, quote was for:

11 * 400 watt Jinko Panels

1 * Solis 5kw hybrid inverter

1 * Dyness 5kw battery

1 * eddi diverter

1 * hub

Pre Grant €13200, post grant €10800. Based on some of the other quotes (previous one for example with 8kw, twice the battery storage for 1500 more), this looks expensive to me. Im based in Louth, and would be obliged if anyone could send me on any other recommendations for installers to get a quote.

Thanks,

Lenny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement