Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

Ah ha I have a feeling the other key this is for

The NPC who told me about it in the first place, he wouldn't take the one I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My fears about trying a dex build are coming true. Can't find any decent dex weapons. Still stuck with my starting Scmitar which I've upgraded once but don't want to throw more resources into it.

Any good dex weapons known to be floating about? Have made it half way through Stormveil Castle, and met Rogier.

I took the advice of my favourite NPC and eh it didn't go as expected.

SPOILERS for that plot line.

You first meet Patches in a cave and fight him and kill or spare him. Later you meet him on the way to the academy and assures you the fastest way to the top is to ride the water wheel all the way to the bottom. Good one Patches says I fool me once shame on you, fool 4 times shame on...... I took the water wheel down and was immediately eaten buy a Chariot enemy, awaiting my respawn but wait whats this, this wasn't the academy. I was at the far north of the map, which is convenient as I have business there with another NPC 😁

EDIT: I can't teleport out of this area without killing a boss. FML!!!!!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I found two falchions to the east of the starting area, when you cross the bridge and hang left for the 3rd chapel of Marika,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can't remember if this handy tip was in other Souls games but

if you hold down on the d-pad for a second or two it jumps back to the first item in your Quick Items list (healing flask for me).

Saves you having to cycle through them all in the heat of battle.

• Advertisement

That was something I've only seen touted about the place for this game, it might have been there in previous game but I never knew about it and it's been the cause of many a death pressing X on the wrong item.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was defo in previous games.

Took on Magrit and beat him after about 17 tries (i'm sure of the amount as I burned all my summoning items, ended up using the npc summon and my wolves to help). had him down to a sliver 3 or 4 times and he then proceeded to obliterate me.

Is it just me, or was he an excessively big jump in difficulty for what might be most peoples first boss encounter?

Anyways, onwards and upwards to Stormveil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I thought he is a standard-ish souls boss - most probably i am guessing this is the first boss for most players in ER, From doesn't want to piss off people too much lol.

Ye wait til you face THAT boss (owner) of the Stormveil castle...I thought he is an actual difficulty jump from Margit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

If I was you I'd level up that Scimitar or perhaps the falchion. Resources become a lot more plentiful a bit further into the game.

• Advertisement

Ah he was definitely a fair bit harder than something like the asylum demon from DS1, or even iudex gundyr from DS3.

at least, thats what I'm telling myself anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Find Rogier at the roundtable and he gives you his rapier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

IMO Margit is a sort of ‘level check’ - the game telling you to ‘go look at something else if this guy’s destroying you’.

I actually managed him on my first try but I had spent five-six hours exploring before even heading up that direction. The boss at the end of the castle was much more of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

rofl wtf is this i just watched - Elden Ring from the NPC's Perspective

New patch out today I see.

Elden Ring Patch 1.02.2 Release Notes PC and PlayStation 5 - March 2, 2022

PC:

• Fixed an issue where the graphics card was not being used, resulting in slow performance.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the game to quit under certain conditions during a battle with the Fire Giant.
    • Fixed other bugs.

PS5:

• Changes to save game progression even when the game is not terminated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah man, **** this game 😣

Twice now I've been sent to places though no fault of my own.... ok well the second one was my fault I knew it wouldn't end well but doesn't to the moral much good when you're faced with stuff you have no chance against. I might change my mind about a certain boss encounter when I go back to it but after many failed attempts I will say at the moment it's up there with ceaseless discharge in terms of worst bosses.

It's the

Abductor Virgins, a 2v1 encounter made difficult as you need to keep both in view so you can get out of the way of a one shot kill move. It is telegraphed but thats no good if you can't see one of them behind you. If they are both in front of you it's curtains.

Something smashed you into the ground or something wrong with the game itself? 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Think ive actually made some decent ground with this for me anyway , im now at level 20 and killing most regular enemies in the 1st area without a problem, even some of the bigger ones . Still havent gone to the castle yet though , soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I just absolutely fucked up had around 15000 runes when I got to a yellow fog door, so used the sacrificial twig talisman to protect. Go into the fight use a summon and manage to beat them completely forgot about twig and rolled off the edge with around 700 runes and twig is gone forever 🙁🙁

• Advertisement

There's more than one in the game, sold for about 3k a pop I think in a few places I've seen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Couldn't find the summoning bell, googled it and she wasn't there. Then i read if you reach a certain part, she disappears forever and you have to buy the bell and wolves summon from the roundtable place. I haven't even beaten Margit yet but i did find a path that led around the castle to the next location. I thought feck that and warped back. That's what must have triggered her to feck off I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did you go back at night? She only appears at night AFAIK.

Ah for Bollox sake, no just been at the church during the day and i already bought the gear, was cheap anyway but damn the Souls vagueness, gotta love it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭McFly85

I’m just so impressed with the vastness of it all. Every time I think I have a handle on the world it seems like I can turn a corner and discover something completely unexpected. I’ve put in a fair amount of hours but feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface.

I would like to change some of my stats, though. Started with hero and the stamina push at the start had me neglect endurance so I’m limited in choice of armour-might just wander about for a bit to boost it instead of continuing the main quest

Ok so bell and ashen spirits got (went back to church at night and she still wasn't there), assign spirits to my pouch for quick access. Found a summoning shrine and activated. Used triangle and button for my spirits and he acts like "wha, nothing in my pocket". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Spirits require FP to summon

Yupp have full fp. I made it to a boss and could summon them. Maybe that summon statue is for co-op?

• Advertisement

Try equipping on the items you have on down on the dpad?

Advertisement