Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Totally off topic for the model 3 thread. Can you not just leave it to the general EV sales thread or start a general Tesla thread

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

It's about the supply of model 3's how is it off topic?

It’s a general Tesla supply discussion you want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MG delays.

Audi delays and cancellations.

Porsche only getting a handful of cars.

Kia delays.

EV cars in general are in short supply and big demand. That’s the short and curly of it. Brand is irrelevant here.

So is ok to to talk about the ships carrying the cars customer service etc.

But giving information about the number of model 3 delivered in the first two months of the year is not relevant to a forum on models 3's 🤔

• Advertisement

I'm fully aware of the delays with other OEM's that not the point.

Given the figures comparing Ireland to other markets is Teslas servicing the Irish market proportionally!

You guys should be delighted to admit that less Tesla better 2nd value.

To add EV regs in Ireland made up 11.66% registrations was 12.5% in the UK

Three top selling EV's prices are not too far from or above in some cases the model 3 (ioniq5, Ev6 and ID4). So there is clearly demand at that price point.

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

I'll bite.

Sorry again to repeat myself Tesla are not proportionally supplying the demand in Ireland.

Given the UK sales you keep pushing, its fair to assume that proportionally there is a bucket load more demand and a whole lot more disappointed potential customers there than here I would suggest. Also proportionally suggests fairness. Selling cars is not about fairness and its a global market - Irish market is a drop in the ocean.

The fact that model 3 was the 2nd best selling car in the UK last year but 39th best selling car in Ireland last year shows this.

Again, it wasn't a normal year for car sales so read into it what you like. And I would put money on it Tesla do not make UK top 10 in 2022.

We can use stats all day long to support a position, but comparing our market to UK is not much value due to our low volumes. Going by the stats you want to use, you only need to sell 550 more cars to move from 39th to 20th in Ireland.

Point again not servicing the Irish market.

Your point is just sour grapes at this stage.

Hyundai has delivered more ioniq 5's (850) in two months than Tesla delivered model 3's in the whole of last year.

Globally Tesla sold 0.94 million cars. Hyundai sold 3.89 million cars. No surprises there really. Tesla is not a mainstream brand, but typically competes with the other luxury marques.

The 'H' badge is definitely not in that category.

Can you give me some figures that Tesla are supplying demand here like they do in other markets?

Try re-reading first line of my post.

I'll bite back 😜

I've actually been told by CS that since Brexit because of the additional logistics (not using Southampton for Irish cars) they send less now proportionally to Ireland. Also it is easier to offload the RHDs there rather than shipping on. I showed the numbers previously 40% increase in Tesla's deliveries to UK ireland bearly high double digits yet the % of overall EV sales were similar around. Numbers again for overall context 34,000+ model 3 in UK 853 in Ireland last year.

Please clarify your numbers here did Hyundai sell 3.94 million EVs last year in a similar price range I suspect that is all vehicles. If so your not even comparing apples to bananas your comparing an apple to a basket of fruit.

But I'm not sure what your arguing here you agree with me Ireland is a drop in the ocean but again proportionally that drop is smaller than it should be.

You say that only 550 cars more would be needed to move to 20th that would be fantastic representing a 64% increase overall in deliveries.

Initially proportionally deliveries in UK and Ireland would have been similar, Tesla ramped up production especially last year UK deliveries rocketed Ireland stead flat.

There are delays with all OEMs but in that time it is not evident on deliveries that one tap is massively prioritized over the others there is just big taps and small taps. All OEM barely flowing but with Tesla the small Irish tap is dripping the big UK tap is gushing.

You can play the sour grapes card and make it personal no issue with that.

But proportionally are they servicing the market yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Proportionally are they servicing the market?

Who cares? Seriously...who gives a sh1t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

But what's your point? Lots of complaining but no idea what you're actually getting at. Do you think there's millions of people in Ireland that would buy a Tesla if they were parked on the lot on Saturday is that it? They're exceeding delivery times of many other manufacturers. Are you also ranting about all of them on various forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

They didnt service podge anyway thats for sure. But round where I live every other car is a tesla so they are servicing plenty. I for one find the stats, point scoring, tit for tatt and general passive aggression super interesting....so interesting in fact it should get its own special thread where everyone can strawman the bollox out of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

There’s definitely a lot of Tesla’s about, I see them about all the time. They seem to be one of a few manufacturers that are delivering cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

A merry go round! Ireland will always be a different market to UK and linear comparisons are irrelevant. As you can most likely detect not many are interested in prolonging this debate time and time again. Save it for the Thesis

Your right there follows the same path I give a few figures saying Telsa should be doing better to service the Irish market proportionally (after being on the end of that 7 month wait)

Tesla fan base here totally misunderstand and misrepresent the arguement throw in a few personal digs and eventually press ignore.

Good summary right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

But why should they be doing better to service the Irish market? Why?

They'll sell more cars in countries with large populations. Why would they give a damn about Ireland?

You had a bad experience with them...we know.

So again...why should they service the Irish market better? It's not like they could send 10 thousand cars here tomorrow and sell them off the bat. Ireland is a tiny market in the grand scheme of things. I'm not sure Elon is having a meeting every week and saying "guys we really need to service the Irish market better".

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Pretty well summarised other than a few inaccuracies (speaking for myself only)

a) not a blind Tesla fan, have my frustrations mainly around interactions and communications or lack thereof

b) neither misunderstand or misrepresent your views (we all know your position). Statistical analysis is a crude/simplistic instrument to advocate or support a particular viewpoint

Whatever views I would not wish to profer out of respect for the many other users of this forum who quite frankly are bored with the topic

Thats my last comment on the matter.

Because there is a demand there, they sell more cars in other countries yes because they are bigger countries that basic maths.

What the population of the UK bout 68 million vs. 5 million in Ireland demographics wealth etc no so different. Cars delivered 34,000+ Vs 853 last year.

You don't seem to get the point proportionally were similar now not at all, why because not valued as a market and logistically harder now easier to focus on uk. Someone made the point early increase of 500 cars not much now is yet would be 60% increase overall.

They don't tell you that when your buying 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

According to your own figures if they are correct they sold more Teslas in Ireland than UK if going by population vs numbers sold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So in summary, Tesla should be sending more cars to Ireland……

we f*****g get it.

Guess what though, people are still ordering them, are still waiting a while to get them, and still fcuking love them when they do eventually get them. (and by the way, there are users on here that have ordered a Model 3 recently, and have collected the car only about 3-4 weeks later).

It must burn you up inside with fury every time you see a Tesla Model 3 on the road.

can we please move the fcuk on?

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Automat

This may be obvious to others but not to me -

I took delivery of a new RWD model 3 last week and have charged it a few times since at 2 superchargers, so it's been at 100% a couple of times, plenty opportunity for battery management to calibrate.

While plugged in at home, i drag the charger limit to 100% and the App shows an associated km charge limit that fluctuates between 436km and 440km (presumably due to temperature etc) for that 100% setting - but the original spec online when you purchase the RWD M3 is 491km, quite a difference. Do others see the same sort of discrepancy between battery rating and original spec? Can you explain that difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I believe on the website they quote the WLTP range but on the car use the US EPA range as it's more realistic. Open to correction if that's not correct obviously.

Thats the WLTP Range all vehicles have to be tested to in the EU. In reality, no car is going to achieve that under normal driving conditions.

Tesla make it very clear on their website and even have the following link straight underneath the published figure:

All ranges follow the WLTP standard, which can be useful in comparing ranges among electric vehicles. Certified ranges at the top of our configurator are tested on the largest wheel option, as required by law, reflecting the lowest-range configuration. Ranges listed under wheel and seating selections are estimations based on your chosen configuration.

Actual range may vary based on factors such as speed, weather conditions and elevation change.

In the same way, ICE cars have to display their fuel economy figures from the same test - again no car is going to achieve that under normal driving conditions.

Please clarify your numbers here did Hyundai sell 3.94 million EVs last year in a similar price range I suspect that is all vehicles. If so your not even comparing apples to bananas your comparing an apple to a basket of fruit.

Yet you are doing the exact same thing by comparing UK with Irish car market - which was my point that I had been trying to say. You can use stats to support any argument you want and we will do an endless dance.

You can play the sour grapes card and make it personal no issue with that.

Its not a personal attack on you at all @podge1979 and no offense intended. Always up for a robust debate.

My comment was merely an observation based on your posting history on this subject. The term sour grapes is used to describe when someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

Anyway I wont add anymore fuel to the fire as its derailing the thread.

Enjoy your Ioniq5. If they keep selling at the rate you say they are there will be over 5,000 on the road by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

the recipients probably know already but these unregistered cars are currently at the Sandyford Service Center

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Looks like your question was lost in the thread. I was also only given Agnelli Motor Park as a delivery location but when I booked my delivery slot, it was from Baldonnell. You'll most likely be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Who is everyone with for Electricity? I'm going to switch my provider from Bord Gais in favour of a smart meter plan with a Night Rate plus maybe a Night Boost. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm getting a Zappi installed today so will primarily be home charging my M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

My boot has failed to open a couple of times so was going to book in for a service appointment, what did the ranger have to do to fix it and did it happen when he came to see it or did they just take your word for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 AHOV

Thanks for the info good to know, Agnelli was handy for Luas

Advertisement