Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You need some Iliza Schlesinger (don't quote me on the spelling 🤣)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What do you make of the Moor Murders....I'm finding it very interesting but alot of filler/repetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have to watch it again as I was also cooking, but so far they seem to be concentrating on Brady

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh i need out of this, thank feck i'm off in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@JupiterKid how are you feeling ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm sitting at my desk today silently weeping.

My heart has an ache in it listening to the media reports from Ukraine.

I feel so useless and helpless knowing this is happening to innocent and ordinary people like me and my family.

The greed and hate of one man 😔

To thine own self be true

Feckin sun, made me go spring cleaning after shrink appointment, only sitting now. Minor crap when I think of the fact I'll be at a funeral of a mate later who was diagnosed with cancer during covid so didn't get the full treatment at all. There's no justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's soul destroying PM. Hard to believe how complacent a lot of people are in Ireland. I was looking forward to a great couple of months work since coming back from London in March 2020, but feel sickened as a war is so close and people suffer.. I said it before, after two years of Covid, we now have this. I'm sick of all the upset and suffering.

What really hammered it home was thinking that 2 weeks ago those people were going to work/school as normal.

Today they are either hiding in bunkers or running away, never to see their homes and possibly many loved ones again.

Covid showed us that "out there" can become "here". So some day, God forbid any country could be Ukraine and lives change in a blink of an eye.

I just can't even look at the news tonight.

Hug your loved ones tighter today 💔

@Purple Mountain I understand exactly how you feel. When I lived in the Balkans, I was there investigating war crimes from the Balkans wars. It's devastating to see the same things happen again only 20/25 years later. Having interviewed victims from those wars, I can only imagine what the Ukrainians are going through.

It's heartbreaking 💔

• Advertisement

Well done on highlighting their plight.

I hope everyone is having a good week otherwise. Half way there tomorrow 🙌

The long bank holiday weekend is on the horizon 🍻

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hi all, slept an awful lot today. Still feeling a bit fatigued and head cold symptoms. But otherwise okay. OH really looking after me. 🥰

Got confirmation of a positive PCR test result this afternoon, so that's that. Wasn't really expecting any other result.

I feel extra helpless watching the war in Ukraine unfolding and me stuck in isolation at home. Trying not to watch too much news as it would just make me very anxious.

In other news, we are having post-dinner pancakes. 😋🥞🥞

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Now I'm watching a programme about the Yorkshire Ripper.

I lived there in the late 70s early 80s, I was a little kid, but I remember the fear at the time. One of the women he killed lived around the corner from where we lived at the time. I was so small really but remember it so well, it was my childhood there. Scary times. But in a weird way it brought the community together. Yorkshire folk are great😊

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, starting a new course this week, web development 😀 hoping to have some work lined up for the end of it as well.

Breaking my heart as well ☹️ putin really is an ass clown of the highest order!

Have never found a Nespresso restaurant, so Tim Horton’s has to do.

Really suffering with headache and aches and pains. I'm not sure if it's

covid or the flu but I've been jabbed for both. After falling asleep for a coupl of hours, as as soon as the delivery I'm expecting comes I'm off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Staff are well trained 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

^Alfie's learned to work the camera 😂💖

Oh my gawd I love him! Alfie for world power!.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Gorgeous pic of Alfie @Autosport , our little Westie used to look up at us like that too ☺

On Rte 1 now - Irelands Dirty Laundry -

" For seven decades, the Irish State conspired with families, parishes and religious congregations to imprison over 10,000 Irish girls and women in the so called Magdalene Laundries ..."

It never ceases to appall does it ? That woman who was a Nun , and who left the Concent after being in the ML for a year was lucky - she had freedom to make that choice . . The others didn't .

I only realised the other day that I know the family involved in rescuing a bunch of them.. Unreal..

Village side having a pint..

Sitting here enjoying a cold Heineken, found a lovely place to walk that’s only a 15 min car ride away. Enjoying my freedom for however long it lasts.

@smurfjed where is that?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a really diabolical meal in Supermacs today. Its along side a motorway. The most disgusting snack box I have ever had. It was my first in over a year. The oil in the kip needs serious changing. Lumps of congealed crap in the box and chips that tasted like reheats. But it was obvious the cooking oil was well beyond using. I once had a deep fat fryer in my kitchen and this is exactly what happens when the oil goes bad. How the fook does it happen in a commercial operation. Disgusting. Photos's have been sent to HQ. The standard in so many places has gone to ****. and the price of it! Got my money back.

On the road again tomorrow and bringing my own lunch in the cooler box. It will be far superior to anything else.

Advertisement