Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump thread current affairs

Options
  • 02-03-2022 4:26pm

I have an issue in the trump thread that I’ve been trying to resolve for a few days now. This has gone on for far too long. I had posted in there about a topic (Durham report) and was aghast at the level of discourse in there so decided to leave the thread.

since then I’ve had no less than about 30 accusations thrown my way ranging from trump supporter to white supremacist. It’s like they just pluck words out of the air I’ve been trying to reasonably show that these people making these accusations are doing so without proof or any evidence at all by asking them to supply evidence for their claims.

What keeps happening is that they’re accusations about me remain up while the posts I make in reply to them keep getting deleted. What kind of carry on is this at all? Surely the topic of the thread should be the subject, not other posters.

The very first poster who called me out by name actually apologized after a brief discussion, but their accusation remains up and our exchange that followed was deleted. What followed was dozens more unfounded accusations of the same ilk. The moderation is highly questionable and I would like to know what’s happening. This isn’tfair lads. It’s a mod protected smear campaign.

if you are going to delete my reply then delete the unfounded accusation as well.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

To be fair mods have been reasonable in private messages.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I don’t think this is fair, it’s not me perpetuating this ‘conversation’.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118721037/#Comment_118721037

I found a resolution with tenofswords that I’m happy with. You can delete or close this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you left the thread after being aghast, what are you doing back there? I've been watching it and you're dragging the thread off topic trying to get apologies from everyone after posting some dubious pro trump content that you're unwilling to defend, for whatever reason. Honestly, I'd just move on, you are unlikely to get the resolution you want. Overtly post in good faith and people will respond accordingly.

Maybe a moderator will give you what you want but I'd be sceptical of that.

If you left the thread after being aghast, what are you doing back there?

I was called out by name with a false accusation against me. Then when I had an exchange with that poster they eventually apologized but the apology was deleted but the original accusation remained up. This made the thread difficult to follow, I’m sure a mod can confirm this seeing deleted messages.

Then, every time I responded asking for proof of these accusations another poster came along to do the exact same thing. Throw an accusation out and when called upon for proof they disappeared. This abuse went on for 5 days without anyone supplying proof. There are a pack of bullies in that thread that really need to consider their abhorrent behaviour.

As I said I already am happy after having speaking to the moderator, but since you ask that’s what happened. At least their tactics will be easier to identify now in future situations

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement