Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dca s2,d2,a2 cable on ceiling rose pendants

Options
  • 01-03-2022 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Anybody know if a ceiling rose pendant flex is required to be rated dca s2,d2,a2 cable ? & are manufacturers using said cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I would assume so as rules say all wiring to this standard

Key thing with cables etc . is always to buy from reputable supplier

What's the context of the question anyhow ?

Looking at the specs for MK pendant there's no mention

Probably that EN 50575 doesn't apply to pendants only fixed wiring

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LarryBarry

Ah it’s just a query that has come up on a project. Would the pendant not be classed as part of the fixed wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

Years and years (and years ago) someone, I think it was my in fás, told me that there was a recall on pendants once because the cable was "wrong".

Story was that some young lad had set up a cottage industry assembling them and selling them to a wholesalers using incorrectly rated cable.

The cable was heating up from the incandescent bulbs and failing .

How true is it, I dont know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The only exclusion I see in EN 50575 is from this statement: "Cables designed for connecting appliances or for internal wiring of equipment or electrical appliances, and all those cables that are not used as cables for construction are excluded."

I also see that temporary cabling can be excluded.

I'm not too sure how it can be argued that a pendant falls under either of the above. However, personally I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. I can't see how a non CPR compliant pendant would have any impact in the event of a fire.

Was a very regular issue back in the day with 100-150w incandescent

Not so much now with led

Advertisement