Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Could the Keoghs thing have been a paid product placement slot or what's the story? It was so blatant! There'll be no free tickets to Tayto Park for him if he keeps that shíte up.

I heard it live and although it wasn't surprising given his track record, I was still taken aback at the overall tone used. The warped mindset underlying the chicken kiev comment and the siren thing has come to the fore now many times.

I hope the BAI receive complaints for him causing undue offence/harm as per BAI Code of Programme Standards. He has been backtracking like mad over the last few days in the hope of people forgetting about it, but no acknowledgement of the error.

Nope, they can’t do a segment like that unless it’s flagged appropriately. It was just some more subconscious riffin’

So it's just a big fúck you to the audience, that crisp company's competitors and broadcasting regulators.

"Do my favourite local crisp brand have a deal with Aer Lingus? I'm just asking cos I don't know".

Ryan, do you not remember which brand was served on your publicly funded holidays to the states? Funnily enough it was a thing a while back to post pictures of your Tayto on Aer Lingus flights. So the world and it's aul one knows that Aer Lingus gives out Tayto on occasion.

• Advertisement

Is that why the crisps taste so nice!?

Although if the DLB has a taste for them, it's not cos cannabis is an ingredient. It'd have to be more of a Mrs Doyle recipe. Remember her "cinnamon" cookies?

Except Tayto are now mostly owned by ze Germans……Intersnack ja.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Red Fred

He actually commented that a lot of the Irish crisps that we know and love are owned by the Germans now.

On Friday’s delicious Ukraine-themed LLS we have Nevin Maguire cooking up Chicken “Keevs” with an Irish twist, Dermot Bannon joins us to talk about redesigning your house when in an armed conflict, and Francis Brennan unveils his Yellow and Blue Ukraine Curtain Collection available exclusively from Dunnes Stores. Loddie Ryan also joins us to discuss the effect of the war on Dancing With The Staff. With all this and music from Who’s Eddie and Nathan Carter joining forces to sing “Back in the USSR” you’d be mad to miss it.

• Advertisement

On another note, I heard former footballer Andriy Shevchenko on BBC last night pronounce "Kiev" as "Key-ivv", and not the "Keev" that Tubridy and half of RTE assured us was the correct pronunciation. Thankfully now I've cleared this up for him he'll be able to order his Chicken Key-ivvs guilt free this weekend knowing he's contributing to the fight with his correct pronunciation.

Or perhaps Bryan will do a Joe Duffy on it and correct the native speaker, as Joe did one time when he had a Swedish caller on the line and Joe (a man who can barely speak English) corrected the Swedish native on his pronunciation of "smörgåsbord". If only I was making that up.......

Just “Dublin” again today, not “Dublin Ireland”. Hmm. Intriguing.

More literary lies today from the literary liar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Last week it was Sir Ken, today it is our Neven. Shocking stuff. But at least you recognised the Flap T sound in the pronunciation of Lottie.

More crisp mentions, no brands though…..but no doubt some brand will hop on this opportunity to send in some freebies.

More bald-bullying from the King of Kindness.

Who are “Mack-nass”?

ffs anyone with even the most rudimentary Irish knows it’s “mock-nas”.

Toy Show mention again.

Fundraiser for Ukraine on TLLS tomorrow. Not opposed to this at all, but how much have you, Joe Duffy, Ray D’Arcy given Bryan?

“You would love The Late Late Show to be used in this way”

“It’s going to be a show like no other”

Talk about a high opinion of yourself and your show.

• Advertisement

Ok I’m out. I only stay for the riffin’ section but even Tubs hasn’t the energy to do his normal 10-15mins of wafflin’ today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

One of my lads is going bald at an early age. I find his sneering, smirking and sniggering at men who are bald offensive.

From the photograph it looks like the poor man is 'receding' as it's known in the balding community. It may come as a shock to toy/bookman that my son started to recede and within 18 months was almost completely bald.

Mock not....embrace your baldness ! and as they say around here 'mocking is catching'

Good morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Jordan Peterson.. why 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Listen to Claire Byrne if you can stand it, she insists on saying 'Keeeeve' and I think it was her that explained that they were told they saying it wrong and now it should be said as 'Keeeve'. So she's routinely interviewing Ukrainian people including the Ukrainian ambassador and they all distinctly use two syllables as in Ky_iv, and yer wan Claire carries on blithely with her 'Keeeeeve'. She hands over to the newsroom and the newsreader says it the Ukrainian way. Is she incapable of listening and adapting and learning?

Reminds of the way all RTE staffers changed how they say Chicago overnight following Jimmy McGee's Damascus conversion at some boxing event there. Suddenly you have this faux pas US accent put on and Byrne again is one of the worst offenders, she almost goes out of her way to be pretentious about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Sorry cawlur. Only bad eggs mock and are mean

, tubs and his woke friends are just jesting 🤔

Tubs laughing at someone= , jesting he ha ha

Normal people laughing at someone= bad eggs, Meany's

Not sure what is more sickening,

Tubs and his spittle and lip smacking.

Or Duffy and his nasal congestion 🤔🙄🤨

Listening to Mr. Duffy’s heavy nasal breathing on a radio is bad enough, but through headphones it’s amplified enormously and like something from a horror movie - you really do have to wonder what the producers and sound engineers are at in RTÉ, are they so afraid of Lord Dollymount that they can’t say it to him, or at least adjust the sound output levels accordingly to minimize it? And that’s before we get on to his burping and farting.

I have to listen through earphones, it's not nice.

Whoy whoy whoy can't he blow the ole hooter 🤢🤮

Oh, please! That's summoned up a whole new mental image for me! 🤢. I'll never be quite the same again. It's like when my mum explained what "Bugger me" actually meant when I came home from junior school one day and just happened to use it because I'd heard it for the first time that morning in the playground, and thought it sounded a cool thing to say.....

• Advertisement

Let’s take a break from talking about Ukraine and talk about me instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Make no mistake Ryan, it’s NEVER easy getting through the LLS.

I’m Bryan Tubridy and I’m the ringleader of the “aren’t we all great” club. Join me in clapping ourselves on the back later tonight…..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

A War Time late late show ??????

Ryan fcuk off you tool

Ryan tonight…

I had to take a call there for a second but heard that. The man is so f*cking deluded it’s frightening.

• Advertisement

I wonder if that “catalogue of concerts” is a list of Bryan’s upcoming freebies?

A veil of tears, Ryan? Really?

Ryan is brilliant 🤔🙄,

He's going to stop the fighting tonight.

By telling the badies to be good eggs 👍

He'll be singing the culture club song, war, war is stupid and people are stupid 🙄,

What ever money raised is all down to him... Remember that 🙄😜He is brilliant, and humble

A vale of tears for these people who look like us 🙄

It’s actually sickening listening to him. He actually believes he’s the most important person in this.

Can Rod even cut it live nowadays?

• Advertisement

“The show tonight won’t be as slick as it normally is”

I can think of a different word that starts with an ‘s’ that sums up that show.

This is the segment where Bryan gives RTÉ staffers extended family members and friends free tickets for concerts they could easily afford.

That's 'slick' with a silent L.

Wow Ryan, who’d have thought that a fan of an artist would want to go and see them live?

Bonkers!

Ah bollox someone from my town edenderry, telling tubs how brilliant he is, I'm ashamed 🙄😒😒

Got any tickets for Rammstein in Cardiff, Ryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

A Villa fan will be used to that feeling.

The burden won't get lighter, but your shoulders will get stronger.

Setting himself up for some free tea and cake there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

An actual ok conversation with a listener who rang in for Jordan B Peterson tickets!

Shocked so I am!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement