Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lauraward977

does anyone know what came up last sitting for EU Law ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FE1_Condensed_Notes

Hi everyone,

Hope the studying is going as well as it can be...

Condensed Manuals & Notes available for all 8 exams, with each syllabus being condensed down to 100 pages or less.

Available as physical copies, and in PDF via Google Drive.

If you are interested, or would like to get a Free Sample Page please do not hesitate to contact me at:

fe1condensednotes @gmail.com

Thanks, and best of luck with the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Can definitely vouch for these! Top class and got me through so far!

Anybody have sample answers for EU institutions they could send my way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FE1_Condensed_Notes

Many thanks, that is much appreciated!

I would aim to focus on the Memory Notes in the few days leading up to the exams, they will make the difference when trying to remember case names/rules.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Just had a look at the Examiners Reports for the October sitting.

Apparently the pass rate in Company was less than 50%

In particular, he didn't seem to be happy with how SLP and restriction were answered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

Yeah I ordered from Law Society and got it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone have directors duties notes that they are willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flagey

Wondering the same - especially for the competition question since there’s so many different areas within that

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Are you based in Dublin? I ordered mine Saturday and still no sign.

• Advertisement

This was the competition law question in the last EU paper:

But it seems to alternate between a question on competition law like the above, a question on mergers or a choice between the two. So on that note does anyone have any sort of a sample or skeletal answer for the Merger question below? Seems to be the way it's usually asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

What are people leaving out for company and what would be the chapters to really focus on for this paper? I am unsure about studying corporate governance and share transfer as they were up the last sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi everyone,

I am sitting property and contract and I have my notes completed but I’ve yet to begin learning stuff off. Am I leaving myself short or is just over 2 weeks doable?

Just been juggling study with a full time job!

Thanks!

Ahh you're grand. In the same boat myself with EU and contract. Some late nights ahead for sure but it's more than doable.

Some relief anyways haha. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KAXM

If it makes you feel any better I’m sitting 5 this time round and only started properly learning notes this week! It’s tough working full time and studying but it’s doable! Just keep the head down the next few weeks and you’ll fly them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

I'm leaving our corporate governance, share transfer and s.212/ oppression. I think corporate borrowing is definitely a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jigglypuff349

Thanks so much I was thinking the same, how many topics are you going to cover to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Does anyone have notes on Free Movement of People that they are willing to share? I have notes for most topics bar Constitutional so I can trade if needs be. Thanks :)

Anyone have the contract paper from the last sitting? Able to help out with whatever you need just let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Grateful if someone could share a copy/photos of examiner reports for Spring & Autumn 2020, and Autumn 2021 please. I ordered them for the Law Society but they still haven't arrived :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

first online exam and I have a quick q for anyone who has done the proctored exams: is muttering to yourself something that would flag your exam? and how conscious do you have to be of your eye movement (lol), is it okay as long as your eyes just stay on the screen? thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

What is Everyone focusing on for Criminal

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have the Oct 2021 Contract law exam paper?

Would really appreciate it thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shadow2000

all the papers from the last sitting are on fe1stopshop on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

Put it this way, I haven't heard of anybody get flagged yet! I have muttered, spoken, gotten up, eaten, drank, stretched etc in 6 of these online exams and there's been zero issue. I wouldn't worry.

Your eyes do not have to stay on the screen. You're free to look around while you think etc, or read the legislation if its permitted in the subject. If you are paranoid about it you can just show the camera where you were looking if you zone out or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

In the lead up to the exams I had myself worked up to ninety about doing something that would get me flagged during the last sitting. I wasted a lot of energy worrying and now I wish I hadn't given it a seconds thought. In the end during the exam I just acted like I would during a normal exam. I don't think I talked to myself (but I may have) I definitely didn't keep my eyes on the screen at all times as I have a tendency to look out the window when I'm thinking. I just focused on answering my questions the best I could.

I really wouldn't worry about it. My dog was in with me the whole time because otherwise she would have spent the 3 hours scratching and howling at the door to get in and one of my kids came in accidentally. I didn't look around just calmly told them to get out :) My attitude to it was that I was coming from a place of complete honestly (all my notes were in another room and my phone was on aeroplane mode) so I wasn't going to let the online environment ruin my chances of passing. Don't worry about the online proctoring. Focus on the positives of being at home - extra time in the exam, lots of coffee and water available, no travelling time lost, no morning make up to do etc Once you are in there you will totally forget you are even being recorded. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 StrugglingLawStudent

I was v concerned about this last time but it's actually so grand. had to go down and let in the dog and a very insistent postman last time and it was fine, just said to the camera what i was doing just in case it did get flagged. i also was constantly closing my eyes in one exam because i had just looked over notes on a niche topic the night before and needed to close my eyes to picture the cases on the sheet 😂 ive heard of people reading questions aloud and having no issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Does anybody have notes on coercive control and the harassment, communications and related offences act 2020! I have plenty of other material to share !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Here you go. Attached Contract 2021 Exam Paper for anyone else who needs it :)

Advertisement