Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on with the Current Affairs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,909 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There is a problem with the way you are viewing this.

There was a particular mod instruction in a particular thread that you chose to ignore. However, you want the specific instruction applied more generally to other threads in your opening paragraph that in any of the party specific threads you shouldn't mention another party.

What appears to have happened here (and I agree that there should be more transparency) is that the mods identified a particular problem with the SF thread - that it was constantly and continuously being dragged off-topic by whataboutery and decided to act. That doesn't mean the same was happening in all other party threads. In fact, if the whataboutery had been minimal and directly relevant to the issues under discussion i.e. directly comparable situations, the mod instruction probably wouldn't have happened at all.

What I will say in general is that the modding of Current Affairs is extremely difficult and the mods have generally done a fair job. I have fallen victim too, but I haven't taken any cases to Dispute Resolution as I recognise the difficult job and I don't want to make it any harder.

I have just had a look again at the Left, Putin, NATO thread and I cannot find a single threat to report anyone on it. It is a bizarre interpretation of the thread to suggest that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Well, I kind of predicted this would happen.

The OP was threadbanned earlier and for a while and for that period relative peace reigned .

Then the ban was lifted and again with the reinstatement the sam auld issues sprung up like weeds.

The problem really is when some people won’t accept black is black and white is white, they insist in

drilling down to the very minutiae of semantics to ‘prove their point’.

The Mods have enough to do in my opinion rather spend their own time voluntarily dealing with that kind of attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,846 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's ok folks, I'll leave you to your thread. Have fun.

Eh, this is a bit bizarre, didn't you start the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,621 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Correct, it should read, "I'll leave you to my thread".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,846 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This thread is about moderation and CA, not me.

I was 'leaving' you to the WAOSF thread to just discuss the Shinners, have fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement