Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Could you please tell me where do I find SaaS, from a quick Google, I'm only finding a company that does commercial only properties,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 popand

Can you please PM me the same? I am struggling to get decent prices so far. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The devils

Has any ever got this message on there solis cloud when trying to add logger

"The SN number has already been registered to other plants"

I have tried to set up on an app and also via cloud but no joy -

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Sounds like registered to another customer. Talk to your installer. Did they not set it up for you at handover ???

I registered it to a solis app first and wasnt keen on that app, so tried it on cloud

• Advertisement

I think I received a quote from the same company today.

12 PANELS 370 WATT 4.4 KW. JA SOLAR TIER 1.

5 KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

5 KW. PURE DRIVE BATTERY 

EDDI WATER DIVERTER.

WI FI DONGLE.

PRICE 11500 INC.VAT,

GRANT 2400 APPLY TO SEAI 

TOTAL 9100 EUROS

It looks like you got 4 more panels for the same price as mine 😅

I noticed that some companies offer 12 year warranty for solar panels, other offer 25 years. Doing some research, I found out that there are 2 types of solar panels - N type and P type (12 years warranty). Is it much concern to choose the cheaper P type panels, rather than N type? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

HI could you pm me details of the company who provided you with the quote? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

Hi, can people please PM me recommended installers in the Leinster area(Kildare/Dublin area).

Got my first quote yesterday and thought it was very overpriced.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Hi All,

This is a great thread with sound guidance so hope I can get some help?

Interested in a min 5kw panel array, with 5Kw battery, hot water diverter etc. I own an EV and have a zappi charger so want to have it all integrated.

Also have a smart meter if that makes any difference?

Zappi is currently "attached" to meter box on side of house.

Roof is full on south facing and gets sun all day but how do I calc how many panels can fit on roof as I do not know what the dimensions of the panels are?

From reading the posts it seems to make sense to add more panels if you can, is this correct?

I am waiting on a quote from the company in Enniskillen and can someone please send me some names of other recommended installers please?

I presume you cannot get the full grant unless you have the battery installed along with the panels?

I am living in the mid-west.

It was €7600 for a 12 panel system with no battery or €6900 for 10 panels.

I have asked for a full breakdown and specification from the supplier and am awaiting the email.

Yes. Thank god I found this forum.

Will get for specification comparison purposes anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

If you know the dimensions of the roof space then this is a handy tool to draw up a design and see how it fits although if you sent the details to the installers they will give you a rough guide.

The battery grant is gone so it is calculated on the size of the array up to a maximum of €2400.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Would anyone be able to PM the details of the Enniskillen crowd?

Thanks,

Cant pm you ?

Quote recurved this morning.

What are people's thoughts?

12 PANELS 370 WATT 4.4KW JA SOLAR

6KW SOLIS HYBRID INVERTER

5 KW PURE DRIVE BATTERY

WI FI DONGLE

TOTAL 11k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Thanks The Devils, not sure what is happening. I sent you a PM to see if that works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I assume this is pre grant. Not good at all. I had a bigger system put in for over 3k cheaper.

Look elsewhere for better quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smeggycat

appreciate if anyone can PM contact for Enniskillen crew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

There's no battery grant anymore - it's finished unless already approved.

As for the number of panels, look at a minimum of about 4kWp worth since you have a Zappi. But after that, you need to have somewhere to use the power generated, or somewhere to store it. Several YouTubers seem to be recommending storage being twice your panels total

yes thats pre grant so €8600 after grant.

Can you pm me any recommendations please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

So I have it narrowed down to 2 quotes, but sharing 3 quotes so people can see the variation of the quotes

20 Panel System €17,100 then after the grant it would be €14,500

- 1 x Solis 6kw Hybrid Inverter

- 1 x Weco 5.3kw Battery

- 1 x Eddi (Hot Water Diverter) (Worth it? I already have an Geothermal system in place for hot water)

7.9kw Solar PV Array with 5.3kw Weco Battery

- 20 x REC Alpha 395w (7.9kw)

20 Panel System €14,986  then after the grant it would be €12,386

KW 8 PV array capacity

20 * Trina 400 Wp solar module

Solis RHI-6.0-48ES-5G inverter incl WiFi logger

2* Dyness 5.1 KWh battery (total 10.2KWh)

20 Panels System €12,950, then after the grant it would be €10,575

7.2 kw with 360 watt REC panels

10kwh of puredrive battery

6kw solis hybrid inverter

I'm thinking of going with the middle quote because they are a local installer, but I will have to work on them with the price. Anyone have any other comments?

I went back to the company that gave me quote 1 to say I have a cheaper quote which also includes REC panels. They said that the REC Alpha panels are not comparable with the twin peak panels. To me, they might not be comparable, but €4000 does not cover that difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You could go back and ask the company that provided the third quote how much would it cost for two more panels. I can't imagine it would be much more than €500 extra in total.

Assuming it is €500, is it worth paying €1300 extra for the convenience of a local installer? Most systems are install and forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

Hi guys - any chance you could also PM me the top 3 installers?

Also, I already have a 2-3sqm evacuated tube array on the roof. It was a DIY job over 12 years ago and has probably paid for itself at this stage as it only cost €1,500 at the time as I was getting the roof done and the roofer installed the panels for free.

It would be in the way of a PV array so I'm guessing it is not worth keeping? Or would it be effective to get it moved to the side and forego a couple of panels?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I'd agree with Jonathan there - as would most of the people who have installed from suppliers removed from their local county. Sure, it's "handy" to have a guy that can call around within an hour, but in reality, you don't need it. If it was €200-300 yeah sure, supporting your local folks makes sense. €1000-1500, hmmm I know where I'd be spending that difference (more panels) ... or on a high stool in my "local" (excuse the pun)

• Advertisement

Option 3 all the way for me. Option 2 is a locals tax and not worth it.

Option 3 has the better and bigger battery for a start (IMO). The inverter is spot on. Panels are fine. Ask them to throw in a water diverter and see how you go. No harm in trying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement