Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Mine arrived from GameStop today 😁now I just have to pry it from the OH's hands when I get home, had the pre-order bonus stuff emailed to me yesterday also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm in too minds as to just plump for the PS4 edition or hold out until I can get my hands on a PS5 as I don't want to buy the same game twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Watching all the streamers playing with a steering wheel, but im pretty sure my wife would divorce me if i bought a whole racing system....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Exact same thought process here.

My issue is compounded by the fact I have two very small kids who don’t sleep so I don’t think I’m gonna even get the game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My PS4 copy arrived today, so I will install it later. Steering wheel will be arriving tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just seen this on sale in GS. I know I really shouldn't but it is tempting.... reviews as one of the best budget wheels available

^ That's the one I ordered. Wheely good deal for €89.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I saw the trailer for GT7 recently and was looking forward to it, I somehow ended up looking at wheel and pedals that have been designed specifically for the game and then looked into just how much you can spend on that kind of setup (the answer is lots).

Anyway a month later and I now own a Logitech wheel, pedals, manual shifter and a racing seat 😬

The seat folds up with everything attached so it can be tucked away in a corner, I don't think I'd have got it past the wife otherwise:

https://shop.playseatstore.com/product/playseat-challenge-black-alcantara

I was initially playing with the wheel just clamped to my desk but I didn't have a suitable chair that wouldn't roll around, I came up with a low budget solution for keeping the chair in place but then couldn't play for more than about 30 minutes without my back hurting so when I saw there was a fold up race seat option I went with it. I got all of this gear (other than the manual shifter) secondhand too to ease the pain somewhat. Everything I have would be considered entry level really and would run you about €600 brand new 😬

Unfortunately I won't actually get to use it with Gran Turismo. I play on Xbox mainly and there are no wheels that will work on both Xbox and Playstation, and with the amount of racing games on gamepass going with Xbox was a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gamestop rang me earlier and I got excited when I saw the number, I thought it was to say I could go and collect it today but no such luck, apparently they'll keep it for me until they close on Saturday.

I'm playing this at the moment, and it looks stunning on my PS4 Pro. Music Rally is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The PS5 controller is great, you can really feel that point where you will lose control in the triggers. Let's you keep right in the edge.

Dammit I'm jealous, ps5 is just sitting here looking at me. I haven't wanted to start a new game in the last few weeks because I knew this was coming and would take over all my gaming time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I bought the Logitech G29 especially for F1 earlier this year and it's absolutely fantastic.

Also bought a rig to hook it up to. This one, so simple to set up and it's as sturdy as a house.

The whole thing cost me about €450 so it wasn't cheap, but it really is transformative.

Next purchase is a proper chair and then it's complete. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sound for the seats ye bought, been meaning to get one for the last year! Will definitely have to get it for this. Looks stunning. But I'm also mad to try out the DS features, see how they compare to the G29!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm still old school and use the right analog stick for brake /accelerate control. (really old school would be ✖️ and 🔲).

I was always x and square, I actually still find it hard to use other buttons in driving games.

O for the handbrake turn and triangle to change the view.

I'm having a great time playing this. Racing, getting licences and buying used cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Loaded this up at midnight because I just wanted to get a quick look at the game to watch the opening video and do the first licence test, but ended up playing it for two hours which I'm going to regret in the morning...

Everything I'd want from a Gran Turismo so far, diving into Music Rally as the intro to the game was so dumb and pointless and eccentric but I had a smile on my face the whole way through. That was followed up with a suitably epic intro video. Only Polyphony could get everything from Charlie Chaplin to The Beatles to the moon landing into the intro of a car racing game. It's a pity about the crass Lewis Hamilton sponsorship that drags it down a bit though.

I immediately bought my Mazda Demio (though the modern car has nowhere near as much character as the old model sadly), did a bunch of races, completed my first couple of cafe menus, then started working on getting all golds in the first licence test. So much nostalgia and an excellent modern racing game at the same time.

Everything feels great, the game looks amazing, the dualsense makes a world of difference to the feedback you get while driving. If I have one complaint it's that from what I remember I think GT6 had a clever and subtle braking point indicator by dynamically placing trackside cones where you should be braking and blinking your gear change light, but in this one it's a choice between gigantic red bars across the track, or the word BRAKE! screaming at you in the middle of the screen. I find having those indicators invaluable when you're jumping between different cars and tracks and don't have time to learn off every braking point, but when they're so in your face I think I'll be leaving them turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Had a few races on it this morning. So far it is absolutely everything I loved about the older Gran Turismo games. I can't wait to put hours into it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Best thing I did early on was get a 65 mini. It was so much fun. Every other car is a bit faster, I can do around 88mph, but you corner at a higher speed. I think you get one in an early menu collection.

Races are neck and neck and so much more fun as the underdog.

Before that I was in my Clio and just getting into the lead after 3-4 corners and winning. Which was boring enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Me too loving it so far the map and used car lot is a bit dissapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

CMP--23 on PSN if anyone wants to race, compare license times etc 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

These damn comments. I’m going to have to buy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just picked it up and decided to splash on the Hori wheel too (had a fair bit of store credit & vouchers with GS so only paid 30 cash for both combined!)....actually away the next few nights tho so won't get to play until Tuesday. I'll literally be on it like a car bonnet next week tho :-)

Ps. Happy for folks to add me to compare times etc, psn is same as username here, JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was second in the queue to get it today, and the lad in front of me got the stirring wheel. Kept saying to myself I didn’t need it. Went to pay and didn’t get it.

The way home I’m raging I didn’t get it, and now I’ve seen some of the comments and peoples set up’s on this thread I want it more . Space is the issue though …….

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

In terms of a wheel you'll get what you pay for. Also the transition from pad to wheel is far far harder than you'd imagine. I don't want to put anybody off investing in one though

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

Also is there anywhere selling this on the cheap today?

The stock changes at the used car dealer. I'm always looking for low mileage automobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Smyths seem to be the cheapest of the physical stores in Ireland.

€75 for PS5 or €65 for PS4

Everywhere else is €80/€70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Edit: No bug just me being me

Gonna get stuck into it now

Post edited by Rossi IRL on

Advertisement