Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aimhigh22

Yeah I made the panel so happy days

I got placed 47 in the open for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

Does the interdepartmental panel get called in front of the open stream panel or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Katieee323

Hi will the people who interviewed last week and have received their results be placed before the ones who interviewed this week ? Or is it the one panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

I would imagine batch interviews are also carried out in order of number, but I am open to correction on that. Therefore, assuming you pass the interview, you will be placed before the people interviewing the week after you.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement

I received my clearance request email today for Interdepartmental and they said if I don't return it by Monday I will be out of that stream and have to wait for a place to be offered on the Open stream

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭CiboC

I got a clearance request email today as well for open - and they want it back by Tuesday, so not much difference there!

(although they don't say I'm out if they don't get it back, they are just asking me nicely to prioritise it...!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

can I ask what number you both were on the interdepartmental stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Congratulations to all those that passed their interviews. I have an upcoming internal EO interview. Is people management the only extra competency to CO interview? Would love to hear peoples thoughts and experiences of their recent EO interviews. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tyren

Hi everybody,

does anyone know how many references are asked for and is it for the last 5 years or the last 1 or 2 jobs?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 raelia

I was wondering that too. I'm in my current job since 2015 so it would be difficult to give references from the last 5 years only

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Were you open competition or internal? Which county?

I was 12 on the Interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

Has anyone failed the interview, the suspense is driving me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭furrybones

I was really hoping to hear today but that's just my impatience showing 😛. Every time I got an email or text message I jumped at my phone.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Had my interview last Monday and just got my email to say I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Hi all just got my results. I am batch no. 3.2, what exactly does that mean? Do they have sub batches? Got OOM top 20 so does that mean I'll be called?

I'm 4.2, I'm not sure what batch they are currently working on

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Kerry update:

Just been contacted to express interest in stage 3 of the process.

I'm second in batch 2. I know this has been asked a hundred times, but any interview tips?

Thanks all and good luck to everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 crazy_janey

Does anyone know how many people are in each batch? Or does it differ depending on how many passed the Etray etc?

I'm second in batch 2 and have been asked to express interest in stage 3 of the competition.

Know and be able to talk about your experience, have good and bad examples ready for when your asked, know civil servant values. If you don't think you have experience or an answer for a particular question be able to steer on to a topic which compliments you

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Excellent 👏 👏 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dojoyo

I’m relatively new to boards and found this thread ~ can I please ask if there is a separate thread to discuss the interview stage? I’m a bundle of nerves waiting for my interview date, which I was told would be taking place soon in Kildare. How did you find the interview stage? Any tips? TIA

Phew! Delighted with myself.

Congratulations everyone that got emails today.

Interview prep: have good examples on People Management, Analysis & Decision Making, Drive And Commitment were my longest time given to.

I forgot all my buzz words just spoke normally was totally myself and flew it. Relax, be yourself be confident in yourself, best of luck to anyone with interviews this week 💪🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Summergirl500

Congrats to everyone who passed the interview.

If you pass the interview and get your OOM, Do they send you to clearance straight away or does it depend on vacancies i.e could you have passed the interview and be waiting months to be put in clearance?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got an email regarding kerry today. A bit of back and forth but they told me interviews will most likely start on the 21 march.

Advertisement