Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JB - Document Request

• 04-03-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Applying for JB. Had a request to upload my spouse's 2020 tax return. Maybe it's staring me in the face but is there a specific document I should upload that will cover this? Something from ROS online that could be downloaded, etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,030 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Seems unusual to be requested for such documentation, JB is not means tested and based on your own contributions, so why the Department looking for your spouses tax returns is a mystery, unless you worked for your spouse and there's an issue with your own contributions in 2020🤔

Have you checked your own contributions, are you a Paye worker 🤔 if you are, you should be able to check your own contributions for 2020 on mywelfare .

Just seems odd your being requested for your spouses tax returns

I'm not sure were you find your spouse's tax returns in ROS, there is a taxation forum, very helpful posters there that might be able to point you in the right direction if no one can help on this forum

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

This is the guide for 2018 but same process will apply more or less. Your wife needs to do it in her Revenue MyAccount

https://youtu.be/HzwxujmC6tc

P.S. I agree for JB not JA it generally wouldn't be relevant but probably easier just to do it.

Again, why is OP required to submit Spouses Tax returns for their own JB application, maybe I'm missing something, but the spouses tax returns shouldn't be required unless for the reasons I've outlined, just seems very odd 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Maybe the OP asked in the JSB form for his spouse/children to be considered his dependent/s? If so and she’s self employed then they would ask to see her tax return and means test her on that.

Hi!

2 questions

1. is your wife self employed? (You mention ROS )
    2. did you ask for her to be considered your Qualified Adult or to add your dependent children to your payment? If the answer is yes then they will need her latest tax return to means test her.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he’ll fill us in later. It’s interesting when it’s a bit of a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Sorry, should have clarified. It was specifically mentioned the document was in relation to dependent children I have.

The claim seems to be straight forward. Just wasn't sure what document needed. Yes, she is self employed

😏 I was just focused on OP applying for JB and was a little confused as to the requirements for extra documentation, but I see now , possibly why 😏

My apologies, I wasn't clear about query but hopefully your sorted now 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Ah well then disregard my advice, self employed so a Form 11 via ROS but it should be done already. We had a client last year who was told by social welfare she still needed to submit her 2019 tax return even though she had already done it, but that was for her own claim, no dependents (we sent her back with the as filed copy and heard no more so I assume it was sorted).

Advertisement