Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

When you sit in a cafe and someone comes in and sits opposite and points his phone at you for an hour and then you go into the toilet and come out he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,827 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Went into a shop earlier for something, said I'd get a bottle of water while I was at it. Got back to car and realised I bought sparkling instead still water. I drank it out would of stubbornness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They say you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, V.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've a weird banging pain since yesterday eve that's going from my left tonsil up into my left temple. I'm just waiting for the pharmacy to open so I can get Nurofen Express for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Never thought I'd be annoyed at this but I've started becoming fed up of cycling in the cold every morning for the past couple of months.

Every morning I arrive at work with my eyes watered and nose running that I wouldn't be surprised if people thought I had COVID coming into work every day.

This morning is yet another icy one. Getting sick of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm usually on the more positive side when talking about the weather, but cycling in to work lately is getting to me. Possibly because I bought a new bike, moving from hybrid to mountain bike, so I have to put more effort in without being able to go as fast.

This leads to my other trivially annoyance, me getting to work within a minute of 8.00. No matter how often I decide to leave the house earlier, I always manage to fill the time so that I get in between 7.59-8.01. Today it was bringing my bin...and the neighbour's. I mean...my neighbour is retired and has all day to bring in their own bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Well today can just go and fcuking do one.

Had to get up early cause I've to be at a work thing in Maynooth at 9.30.

The (in date) milk curdled as soon as it hit my tea.

I forgot to put my Fitbit on before I took the dog out.

She just jumped up on me with muddy paws. In my work clothes. 😠

Oh, and I have meetings all afternoon. Fridays are not for meetings, why do some people not get this???

Happy Friday me hole 😡

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Coffeeshop staff giving me the evil eye when I enquire about dash of cream with my coffee??

Delicounter staff shortchanging vegetarians with tiny portions of egg salad in their sandwiches while they overload meat eaters’ sambo’s with chicken and pork??

Daughter’s new laptop is charged by micro-usb?? Very flimsy. Poor foresight by manufacturer. Will snap apart in her hands one of these days.

There was one or two other things I’ve forgotten but will add.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I spent 5 hours this week sitting in tedious meetings and 'team calls' that did not require me to say anything and I learned nothing of interest from

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I'd say that's USB-C rather than Micro USB on the laptop. It's becoming the standard across all manufacturers.

In case more things bother you any other week, there's an excellent thread here to post about it any time you like. Or even just to see what is bothering other people at any time. You are not alone <hugs>:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058179225/things-cat-trialvilly-annoy-you-part-whatever-mod-warning-in-op-new#latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Micro USB / USB C are flimsy connectors. The pitch is too small and they're too vulnerable to dust and dirt.

Manufacturers are using this to enforce planned obsolescence. Had a phone pack up a while back that had the USB-C port mounted on a custom flexible PCB. Very hard to DIY replace these.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cars fcuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I received an email yesterday from a person not known to me, a student in a university here who was doing an online survey and wanted me to complete it.

i was initially dumbfounded as to how this person who wasn’t known to me had my email. I had no connection with this university, the person or anyone in the university . it’s not spam and their email address is genuine…

on reading their rather long winded and detailed correspondence it was confirmed to me that my details were provided to them by a business who I’d been a long term client of for a few years….and were linked to the nature of the study…which is health and fitness related…

I know fûck all about the law or this element of it but my estimation is that this is or could be a breach of GDPR….in terms and conditions of said business on their site there is nothing said about data at all surprisingly and in signing up for a new dummy account the terms and conditions there you agree to don’t in any manner suggest or require you to relinquish data to third parties in fact they maintain that your data won’t be relinquished to third parties and they will be in full compliance with GDPR…

my concern is what said company might do with my data going forward… if they are throwing it out to random individuals in colleges, this company they have my address, phone numbers, medical history ( fitness related ) …my options are..

1) contact the university and ask why one of their students has solicited or gathered my personal information for their work, using university email address.

2) contact the company and ask under what circumstances this information was provided…

3) contact the Gardai and let them deal with it.

Option 1 I don’t want to use, I don’t on one hand want to get this student in trouble, on the other hand I doubt they are so naive to misunderstand the ramifications of looking to mine the private contact details of individuals for their private purposes…

option 2 … probably

option 3 determined by the response I receive from 1&2…

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Option 2 definitely. Option 3, no. It isn't a garda matter. report it to the Data protection commissioner.

Is there not already a whole series of megathreads for such things, which I believe are known as trivial annoyances???

I missed a parcel delivery while I was out. I've absolutely no idea what it could have been as I'm not expecting anything, and I can't collect it til Monday. The curiosity is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Clone threads are bothering me a tad this week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Option 4 - ask the student where they got the info from. Bonus points if you get a name.

Post edited by New Home on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chuggers , piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jehovahs Witnesses. It was bad enough when they called to the door but they had to stop that during covid. Today I received a handwritten letter from them. The letter said they were local people but the letter had a spanish stamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I don't know what was more annoying in town today: the fella playing a drum-kit at one street corner (surely contravenes some noise pollution by-laws?) or the People Before Profit muppets canvassing people directly across the street from him.

The only downfall of the end of restrictions- these people are back out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

1 and 2 and see if you get the same info. Then report to data commission

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TA - Some people expect everything to be handed to them, I see some who just keep going on and on about how the state won't provide them with this or that. Worse are the ones that post the pictures to try and guilt trip you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd again that the bin collectors left our emptied bin halfway down the road 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Had a little plan for myself when I finished work;

• Buy Six Pack
    • Come Home
    • Have Dinner
    • Watch Wrestling
    • Play Video Games
    • Watch Something in Bed
    • Sleep.

What did I do instead? Well I still came home and had dinner, but I ended up turning on the computer and turning on Sky News and I'm still watching it.

At least I cracked open a lager.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When your driving and let people out or wave people on and they don't salute ya back or knowledge ya. I hope they crash into next wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Poor girl, lumbered with a makey uppey Irish name by her Gaelgoir Nua parents.

I'm sure Ukrainians are way more exercised about what way non Ukrainian media outlets pronounce their placenames than the death from the skies that Russia is raining down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its Caoimhseach , not made up it means beautiful or beloved girl .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

We have new starters in the company and yesterday I was late for a meeting with them. One direct colleague of mine, who hasn’t been part of our team for long either, decided it was a nice tough to introduce me with a jokey “Now watch him, he’ll bully you in no time”.

I haven’t had any issues with this bitch whatsoever so I have no idea where this **** remark came from. The only thing I can think of is that she got all antsy earlier during the week when she asked me a question and then got funny about me not answering right away. I had literally just been thinking about the answer for a few seconds, and she already went “oh there, you are trying to psych me out by leaving me hanging”.

I have genuinely no idea what her issue is, but I have a feeling she’ll be an absolute pain in the ass. But fine, if she wants to play that game she can have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Woke up with a crick in my neck.

Also in my dream last night my entire family were pissing me off because they were laughing at me when I was trying to care for my sick (actually IRL deceased) cat. I woke up so angry at them all. So I'm blaming my crick on my family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement