Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double GW28 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Interesting - Surprised by those comments!

I've gone with 11 DGW players. Worked well for my last Free Hit so doing same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

On current form or fixtures id go with one of your main attacking midfielders for captain.

The forwards definitely have the potential but there's a big chance both won't get the returns or even time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Why so much money on the bench in TAA? Surely downgrade him and upgrade willock or JWP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I suppose it's just a case of who else can I put the money into really? I find the team I have lined up as the highest percentage chance of returns. So in that sense, I'm happy to have them even if money is tied up in TAA etc. I could just downgrade TAA to anyone really but it wouldn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

So Ff fix has my protected score for this gameweek at 80(-4) leaving me with a team of

Sa (Foster)

Saiss White Vvd (Cacelo,Dias)

Salah Saka Bowen Tielemans Son

Broja Jiminez (Rodriguez)

Would you BB with this team or I could FH to get 11 Dgws which projects me to get 100 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Is Reece James a viable option now with Azpi injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

If you don't BB I would definitely play Cancelo ahead of White.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

ASM "could" feature this weekend according to Howe on SSN, although he hasn't trained with the team yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I’m tempted by Che Adams…..two decent fixtures and he is bang in form….but Coutinho not great in last few games…..a Chelsea defender not a bad shout either given likely Clean Sheets gained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

My head hurts trying to work out what to do this week. WC or not, and then what to do with remaing FH, BB and TC. And then working out when the next DGWs will be

Man I need a pint.

Especially now that James has been cleared to play full game by Tuchel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My head hurts too.

How many points do we think

Mendy, James, Saiss & Havertz get?

Will they outscore 32 points? If they will I’ll -12 & BB.

• I have WC to clean up team post GW30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dias is out for 4-6 weeks according to Pep.

Ake is also missing this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking something similar, cant get a WC team I'm happy with for next few weeks so tempted to take -12 and get James/Mount/Jiminez/Willock so I can BB. Bench would be Raya/Laporte/Weghorst/Dennis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah I think it will be worth it. Chelsea’s fixtures are too good to ignore aren’t they?

I have Dias so I won’t be BB unless I -12

Am I mad taking a -12 this week to BB after using WC last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would need to see your team, but I would think its a bad idea so soon after a WC tbh.

Looking at these teams, would I be correct in saying that BB is a better option in GW 29 rather than GW 28?

28:

Sa

Robbo TAA Kilman TSilva

Saka Raphinha Son Mahrez Coutinho

Broja

Bench: Ramsdale Cancelo Dennis Weghorst

29:

Ramsdale

Robbo TAA Cancelo TSilva

Saka Raphinha Son Salah

Broja Weghorst

Bench: Sa Coutinho Kilman Dennis

Put Salah into the GW28 team instead of Mahrez and I'd BB in 28 100 times out of 100 ahead of GW29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Spent far more of my morning than I'd have liked on this. Think I have it down to a Wildcard to guide me through a few weeks (DGW players in bold)

GW28

Sa

TAA Rudiger Reece Silva

Salah Son Raphina Coutinho

Jiminez Broja

Next week transfer, Sa for Ramsdale

GW29

Ramsdale

TAA Rudiger Reece White

Salah Son Raphina Gordon

Jiminez Richarlison

Leaves me with 7 then for GW30 so might just roll with that (or 8) for the skinny GW - Ramsdale, White, Son, Raphina, Coutinho, Jiminez, Broja

Two Free Hits left for the DGW's in the last 8 GW's

The forwards are very hard to be happy with, there's nobody I trust up there, half thinking of Hwang instead of Jimi or Richarlison and use the funds to upgrade Gordon to a Saka/Willock/Kulusevski

Have brought salah and saiss in for -4 would be doing dias > thiago silva & Jay Rodriguez > Joelinton.

Have 2 fhs left and this -12 would leave me with 8 for GW30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

FPLStats has been unreliable this season, Ive seen players at 93/94ish who have then gone on to rise in price that night and then others at over 100 who didnt rise and fall back to mid to high 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yeah thats my thinking. Will FH in 30 and then WC shortly after to get setup for the rest of the season. Means I can then have fodder on the bench and use funds on premiums

Your bench would probably be Foster x2, White, Cancelo and Joelinton X 2? I’d expect (hope) for a net 20 points from BB and I’m not sure that bench gets 28 points. I think I’d hold off.

For full disclosure I’m using BB but have 9DGWers, Son, Salah, Ramsdale, TAA, Tierney and Weghorst (or a DGW player for -4)

That would require a -8 overall. On a -4 as is.

But now that I have it all typed out. I'm starting to think that Ramsdale + Cancelo score more in 28 than Sa + Coutinho in 29. Dennis & Weghorst & Kilman have the extra games in 28 also between them. 2 blanks are better than 1 blank!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think a -12 is too much just to use a bench boost, on a good day the BB is worth around 20 points but on a bad one it can be worth 8 or less. iirc my BB got me something like 15 points last season so I couldnt see a -12 hit being worth it unless you have some bench fodder like Ramsey or Weghorst who somehow goes wild with a hat trick, which is a real outside punt.

I was thinking of using the BB chip this week with eight DGWers and 7 singlers. But I think Im gong to hold off and use it it in DGW36 instead where Id hope to have at least 11 doublers and maybe more. I had intended the second free hit that week so I could attack the fixtures but reckon now I'll just BB that week.

Have transfers done last night, Mee to Rudiger and Bowen to Wilock for -4. Im half tempted to go -8 later and move Weghorst to Adams but think I'll likely hold off. Armband on Rudiger at the moment as you cant trust Jiminiez minutes after he got benched last weekend. Would hope Rudiger can match Salah and if Chelsea get two clean sheets he should outscore him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Not seeing much teams here with Havertz, I’m on a WC and going to bring him in, very good in his last couple of games and really should have scored in the cup final and has a nice double this GW..thoughts?

Yeah it's frustrating because ive been moving early on players all season out of fear of losing value and being priced out of transfers.

Id rather hold off and get team news like today for example I wanted to hear the news on James but had to make transfers last night ahead of time in case losing value and nothing changed even though most of the players I was watching where all over 100 percent!

• Advertisement

Think I'm going to use my 1st FH to get 11 DGWs. Will take -4 in 29 and 30 to have 11 for GW30. Might also TC Salah next week leaving me with FH for DGW33 and BB for DGW36.

Already transferred salah in for Bruno with my FT this week if I use FH and leave him out I have to get him back in for next week don't I?

Advertisement