Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP visit only or Full medical card??

• 26-02-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

So reapplying to these and giving them my current circumstances

Im on disability allowance and doing the minimum allowed part time work that's allowed in conjunction with my payment (the absolute minimum. no working full week or anything like that)

Previously this didn't seem to affect my entitlement to the full medical card.

I've been online on mymedicalcard.ie and when I put in the work information it's indicative response is that I will be getting a GP visit only card.

Can anyone confirm if the criteria has therefore changed with regards to work and extra income

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Income from work up to €427 is not taken into account for the means test if you are on DA. Do you have savings? Did you include your expenses eg. Rent, travel to work etc. Did you also include the costs of your medication to be considered for a discretionary card? If you have done all this I’d start by giving them a ring to make sure it hasn’t been an oversight on their part. Then check if there’s an appeals process.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭clobber

Yeah rent bills, proof of income and outgoings all that's in.

Obviously like I say this is a computer generated thing. So once there's a real person looking over it they should come to the same decision you speak about

When I put in the work income, their system is having none of it and its response is GP visit only, take out the work income and magically it's the full card

So I'm meeting the criteria regardless, just hope once there's a real human behind the scenes who can tot it all up as their system is not coming to the same conclusion

I think the last renewal I did I sent in a paper application. I’d say if you just give them a ring next week they’ll be able to sort it easy enough.

Cheers thank you Cherry

Hi clobber, I'm just wondering how you got on. Did you ring them?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm gonna give their 1890 number a call Monday or Tuesday morning once their system has reacted to my updates here. See f it is still giving the same result

I'll ring them then

Advertisement