Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

On the website it says you are meant to get back the cars and the coins. I only got the coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So yeah, that's a really really good game. Just finishing up for the night, managed about 9 menus and the B+A Licences. Menus throw the cars at you, haven't had a need to buy one yet aside from the first car. Keeping an eye out on the used car market for something that may tickly my fancy. I prefer the older cars, and would love a collection of ones that were around when I was a teen.

Gameplay is spot on, AI is usually fine, but mostly sticks to the driving line, which seems to be different to the corner Apex's. Using the braking marks myself, and miss the single line, but getting used to the zone. Haven't played any online yet. The DS is brilliant. I expected a Sony game to make full use of it, and I really think they nailed it. Will be setting up the wheel tomorrow night so will compare, but definitely the most feedback from any driving game via a controller anyway! The gear changes/clutch, the rumble strips, grass/mud, you feel the difference compared to a standard controller. I'd love to try the PS4 version, just to compare. I think it may alter the minds of some people who thought the DS was a gimmick or novelty.

The only complaint I have, and someone else mentioned it earlier, it does look a bit too sterile. It needs a mask of reality. Everything is too shiny, including the environments. Don't get me wrong, at times it's photorealistic, but others it nearly looks like greenscreen. Minor issue in fairness, it's stunning otherwise. And hidden no loading is nice. Instantly restarting a race, finally! There's no longer a bit of a wait to stop you having just one more go...

Still lots to explore, this is a damn fine game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The used car market's prices are all too real for any of us who've checked the prices of Japanese classics on DoneDeal, Autotrader or any importer sites over the past few years. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It would be nice if you could trade in one of your garage cars for a different car at the used car dealer.

I would like to trade my Alfa Mito for an early 80's Porsche 911 turbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any one else check their house radiators shortly after winning something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Decided to work on my licenses for most of yesterday and managed to get all gold in the first 2 sets so far, got a class Subaru for managing that in the second license set.

The driving school works exactly as intended. I went into it with a few assists on because I wouldn’t ever have been the best at racing games, but to get gold in some of the challenges you’d literally need to turn some of those assists off (anyone who’s tried the hairpin with counter steering on will know). It’s the one racing game I’ve played in years that’s actually making me a better player and encourages you to keep improving.

Never owned a wheel before but I’m strongly considering it now, the DS is incredible in this but it feels like a wheel is almost necessary to get the full experience, owing to the brutal realism of the driving itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Did the A licences to get all gold. B license I got all gold except 2, the hairpin mentioned above being one. The braking zones marked are too long for some of them so you brake too early.

Tried a few cup races (more powerful cars) and it’s very easy to loose the cars ahead.

Currently doing intermediate setup with traction control off until I can learn the courses.

Looks great and plays smoothly.

Be careful of tuning as you can put a car outside the allowed power band for a race very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Tried doing some of the missions today. Have all assists off and for the life of me I cannot get near the 1st place on the Porsche mission.

Enjoying the game though

The only drawback for me playing this on a PS4 Pro is the loading times going into races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Haha yes. I had no idea what that noise was. I thought my PS5 was crapping out. Still no idea what it's supposed to be 😁

Mmmmbeer76 if anyone wants to add me for comparing licence times or whatever. I don't usually do online races though. SP content cosumes most of my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Love the game has not been able it much due to work and been away. Got the B license just not all golds. Silver on 3 of them. I am .02 to .01 away. Gotten a couple of the menus also. Just on that long movie at the start you can just press the O button to skip. Did not know you can turn ig off. Well be straight back on it when I am back home

.047 of a second. That's how bloody close I am from going silver to gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Loving this so much. Cleared national A and B and just passed International B licence now.

Hit collector level 10 too. But what I'm finding a bit weird is not being able to sell cars.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrongly but in older GTs didn't you have to sell your old cars to keep progressing. I've 26 cars now ! I've only bought two. Most I'll never drive as they are just from the menu collections.

I used to love working on one car taking it as far as I could then cashing them all in on the next level and tuning that as far as it could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very jealous reading everyone's thoughts on this. Looked it up in smyths and the game description does mention you can sell.

"Buy, tune, race and sell your way through a rewarding solo campaign in the legendary GT Simulation mode. "

Post edited by Jordan 199 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looking it up online and it appears not. You can buy credits with real money so I guess they don't want you to be able to sell cars and cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Strong "one more go" vibes with this one. I don't get time to play during the day so it's really eating into my sleep...

Such a fantastic game, I haven't enjoyed a racing game this much in many years. I've now got B licence golds and about 8 or 9 menus done. I spent the last hour and a half just racing the European 500 Deep Forest race over and over, determined to beat that Alpine A110 with my classic Mini. Eventually pulled it off which was immensely satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Completed all the licences with gold. The very last super licence is no joke !!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

It's not the toughest of them all I found. Watch the description video and try keep on the dry line. Brake at the 100 board for final chicane. More throttle management than anything

• Advertisement

Some fine automobiles show up at the used car dealer. Just got me a beautiful 1994 Celica GT-Four ST205.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Something that has helped me with the ps5 controller is turning sensitivity up.

Also is there only friends leaderboards for the license tests?

My cornering has improved since I started using a steering wheel. I still haven't fully adjusted to using one but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A good tip for anyone using a controller and wanting to steer more consistently would be keep the left analogue pressed all the way forward coming up to turns and then rotate it along the edge whichever direction you want to steer. It’s a much more natural steering motion than sliding it left or right, and you’re using the stick like a wheel in many ways. I find it gives way more control of sticking to a racing line and hitting the apex this way.

That might be a painfully obvious tip for many and is probably common knowledge at this stage but I’ve only just started doing it. You’d need to turn the sensitivity well up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yeah, I wonder what's up with that rattling sound they play in post-race screens.

I may have missed it but is there a way to reset a cars setup to default? I made some changes, didn't pay attention to the original values and there doesn't seem to be a way to get back to them unless you know what they were.

I think it's supposed to be the noise the radiator makes when you've turned the engine off as it's cooling down. I've heard my car make similar noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Anyone using a G29 and not get any FFB from curbs?

I've only just noticed circuit experience that was in GT sport is in this too, but not as obvious from the main menus. I like that game mode. Helps you learn the tracks properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Hi , How long should this take to install ? I put the disc in last night and it said about 4 hours so i left it installing , I go to play it today and its taking hours "downloading" now , how long should the downloding bit take ? thanks

Advertisement