Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Programme was fine, still enjoyable, but not as good as the past weeks, some good matches, was actually a bit disappointed at the end that they didn't give us a more recent update.

I liked My Chemical Romance, thought they fitted well together. She was a cracker, he seemed nice, a bit shy, possibly thought she was out of his league lookswise.

Elvira was a cracker, also seemed to have her life back on track which is always good. I'd say she had a tough upbringing here in the 90's and noughties. He seemed like a slight bit of a PITA. You wouldn't like to be stuck beside him on a flight to Los Angeles. I wonder did he ever recite the Kango poem to the lads on the site and did they cry or did they throw a lump hammer at him?

D'Unbelievables-Copacabana were a great match, Holy Christ, but I had her at 35, maybe 38. She's some looker. He seemed sound. The end credit seemed to indicate they got the ride that night, but you'd love an update. I suppose we'll have to wait for Facebook.

And then there's Hughie. He's probably on a retainer to go on at this stage. His date seemed dead sound, a far cry from the wanker who he was with last time out. Hughie has a lot of inner insecurities, he'd be better off spending his money on a shrink than on a newly sculpted cock or a freshly waxed and sprayed scrotum.

Staff are getting even more annoying this year; the waiter sitting down beside the couples is pissing me off, as is the barman. He has no sense of discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Also the diners were clearly told to ask the waiter about his relationship. It was very coincidental that he proposed to his girlfriend at the end of that episode 😏 to be honest I think there's too much focus on the staff anyway. It's not supposed to be about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Agree with most of your assessment, but there's a few oddities in there.

I'm late 30s, as are most of my friends. The Brazilian lady, whilst seemingly a nice person, could in no way pass for 35 or 38. She looks at least a decade older than anybody in my social circle. Frankly, she looked her age. Perhaps, she appeared younger in contrast to her date, who was an exceptionally old looking 46 year old. To be fair to the chap, he had experienced significant health issues, which likely have aged him.

Elvira was far from a 'cracker'. Pleasant enough looking, but certainly not a head turner. She seems like a decent enough sort, but a lot of guys would run a mile from the emotional baggage.

The young blonde girl from Terenure was by far the prettiest female dater in this episode.

Post edited by Hamachi on

• Registered Users Posts: 32,721 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The young science couple were very sweet. Very likeable, she was really pretty. Not getting the criticism of them here tbh. Nice they both said yes.

Hughie is Hughie...I don't dislike him...I would find him hard work on a date personally, we don't need him on again thanks.. at least he got a nice date this time..the guy he got last time was genuinely horrible nasty, definition of a mean gay...awful. His date this time was a nice lad I thought. No chemistry alas, I don't think it would be easy for Hughie to settle down!

The Brazilian lady was interesting, looked great for her age, I think she might miss the high life though! Her date was a gent, seemed like a lovely genuine decent fella. I wouldn't have put them together looks wise, but they clicked. Nice they both said yes :)

Patrick ...jesus the jackets are shocking...Liberace would think they were a bit OTT. He has clearly read some dodgy pick up book....kinda sad. The poem...was...cringe. Elvira (but not that one...boo) seemed alright, glad she is doing better after tough spot, has she been on other TV shows she looked familiar?. Could tell they were into each other right away..not sure why no second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭cgcsb

So the guy doesn't have his own trauma so has to borrow some from his gay brother for the show. Can people exist on this show without having to be pittied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

It's more a sign of an uninteresting life thus far.

All he had was the chemistry thing...nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Achilles Knee

And you can deduce that from 5-8min edited clips? We know sfa about his life.

You probably think you have a really interesting life. But others may think spending all your time on an online site is fairly boring.

Well the date is an hour and a half and then there's pre and post date interviews sooooooooo if the best they can scrape from all that is him talking chemistry, how his brother is gay and how he liked her jewelery then I'd say it must have been really uninteresting.

No I live a very uneventful life. I like it. :)

You're judging his life as uninteresting because of what he said on a date. Sometimes ppl are nervous on a date, highlight what they think sounds good. They often leave out the more interesting things. Maybe First Dates editors didn't include some better bits. They could be amateurish. You couldn't judge someone's life experience on 1hr 30min of that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Hamachi

You could say that about virtually any of the people on the show. The 50 year old lady, all she had was the Brazilian thing; her date, all he had was the nursing thing; Hughie all he had was the gay traveller thing etc..

It’s clear that this particular young man has struck a nerve with you. Is it because he’s clearly brighter than you? Younger than you? Nicer than you? More attractive to women than you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I agree that the chemistry fella was very boring. But if he is now spending time with the cutie pie ‘friends with benefits’ then probably his life has got more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kylie06

Says the fella posting at 1:24 am

looks like the irony is lost on you !

Kylie\Pussyhands, I don't think you know the meaning of the word irony.

Why would you think I've an uninteresting life because I posted at 1.24am? I could have had a really busy day and just got around to it then. I may be a person who gets by on 4 hrs sleep. A pretty pointless, shallow observation..Kylie😉

Brazilian lady had the Brazilian thing, Irish heritage, kids, previous relationship breakdown reason. Nurse guy had the nursing, most eligible bachelor win, the man died, previous relationship history.

Has he struck a nerve with me? I made a comment and responded to another comment. If that's striking a nerve, then every single person on the show must strike a nerve?

Clearly brighter than me? You know nothing about me buddy. But if you want to try stick a boot in, my bank account would indicate I'm no slouch. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭kaymin

Wasn't he recently out of college - how much life do you expect him to have lived by his early 20s!!?

I didn't say it was a bad thing? If you read my comment, I said his lack of content on the show showed he was uninteresting thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭kaymin

Yes I would say being described as uninteresting or boring is a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Maybe they added in the proposal photo after it had come up in discussions?

Family member reckons he looks like the plastic Santa from Santa Clause 2

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

How can he call himself a peacock?! Jacket with label and the stitch at the back wasn't taken out. The rest of his clothes were awful and then he throws on a Bruce Buffer jacket to 'complete' his look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,213 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 48,213 ✭✭✭✭km79

LOL this thread was way better than the episode !

poor one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Omg all the posters on boards have their knives out for eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Can't believe so many men on here watch first dates

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kylie06

And one of them leads a very interesting life….apparently

Post edited by Kylie06 on

Good family viewing for us, with older teens. Gets everyone involved, everyone has an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

Katherina( a " model' from Portlaois ) is on AGAIN tonight......making 'repeat performances seems to be the "go" of it lately......lain, Hughie & now Katherina

• Advertisement

Ciara and Orla,,,..im calling thus straight off......a match...def 2nd date

Advertisement