Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Both driver and passenger seats are electrically operated on the Earth trim. Both also have the relaxation/zero-gravity feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks, do you mind me asking what you were able to get and for what total price?

Thanks,

With the exception of the sunroof which I'd miss more if it was proper panoramic, and the nicer looks of the GT Line (not a fan of the black plastic trim on the earth) there's quite a few bits I prefer about earth spec (as well as 10%+ saving in price)

I prefer the all leather of the earth model, not that mad on the 2 tone suede/leather of the GT line

Also prefer the smaller wheels for improved comfort and also range (seems to offer 5% more and some of the real world reviews seem to have it at even more of an advantage). I've never had an electric car I wouldn't like more range in and I may also be taking on a more than slightly ambitious annual trip to the south of France (circa 2000km each way) so again anything to improve range here would be good.

Some of the other stuff like cooled seats, surround cameras etc are nice but not worth an extra 10% of an expensive enough car to me anyway. The earth seems to have all the same driver assistance (which again would be handy on 2000km of motorway driving) as the higher spec so there is no major advantage there.

Finally, I'm not sure if the grey colour I like it most (Steel grey, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohOEZ9byehk ) is available in GT Line, it's not listed on the site/configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

There are fewer colours available on the GT line also. I wanted the grey but it's only available on the Earth model. There are two blue options on the Earth model but only one of them is available on the GT (Yacht Blue) so just be careful there too. The Yacht Blue is a nicer blue in my opinion anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Fair enough, I've the GT Line, another poster was complaining about the manual as opposed to full automatic seat adjustment. Not sure what that was about so.

Ah yeah, there's a big taste thing. Unfortunately few dealerships have both cars available to test drive.

Not all colours listed are really available in Ireland. It also varies by dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Ordered my EV6 (earth) today. Fingers crossed for July delivery. Dealer said they have no ireal info on deliveries.

Took it for a test drive today. I have been in 5 EV's. ID3, ID4, Enyaq, ioniq 5 and the EV6. I think picking the EV6 was one of the easiest decisions I ever made. Can't wait for it to arrive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

What swayed you to the EV6 over the other 4? Congrats by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Cost, features, feel.

Ioniq 5 - most uncomfortable seats ever.

Enyaq - basic, very noisy, led screen/console is ridiculously big. Accoustic glass is a must on a vag

Id4 - so expensive for basic spec. Getting the stuff that is standard in the earth puts you over 60k so lose the rebate. VW were only able to offer a gtx business. I want all the bells and whistles. Don't need 299 bhp with reduced range.

ID3 - too small and lower range.

Plus the Kia is without a shadow of a doubt the best looking of them all. The interior of the Kia is the most premium modern looking. Smartest design.

• Advertisement

I found the Ioniq 5 uncomfortable as well.

For me it was between the EV6 and the Enyaq. For s similar priced Enayaq I just wasn't getting what I wanted. There were a few bits that I have in my own car and would not be happy not having them in a new car but the other selling point for me was future proof. Let's say I keep the car for 5 years, the Enyaq at 50Kw would just be very slow I would imagine and that would affect the trade-in price. You could pay for the faster speed but you only get that faster speed at a really low battery percentage so not really worth the upgrade I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

If anyone is awaiting an EV6 before June/July, the car transporter Grand Uranus, is calling into ports in South Korea at the moment, and is due to arrive in Cork at the end of the month (30th). Could be some EV6's on that, along with various other models from Hyundai/KIA. See here for the info:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Question for fellow owners, has anyone come across a solution to cover up the interior piano black trim on the centre console, door arm rests etc?

I've only 1000km on the clock and there's a few scratches already (wedding ring scratching centre console, coat zips getting the door arm rest)

The wind trim in the US has a matt or satin finish which I prefer (and it might be more resilient to abuse). I've attached the best picture I could find (also with the physical buttons for heated steering wheel etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ILoveGuinness

Hi all, picked up my ev6 earth model at the end of January. Wondering has any others had problems turning on the climate control via the kia connect app? It's a bit strange to say the least, I set cabin to be 24 degrees (to clear frost), rear window and mirror defroster. The rear windows and mirrors will clear but the cabin temp doesn't come on. So car is still an ice block the last few mornings. Climate control works when in the car an di manually turn it on obviously. Problem with the app or the car?? Any suggestions to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Pretty much EVERY EV6 has this problem.

Well known at this stage.

Kia have yet to deliver a fix afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Most EVs allow you to manually set pre heat while in the car via the normal infotainment and HVAC screens.

So if the EV6 allows that then this may be an option for pre planned journeys - ie you know you will leave the house at a certain time or day.

Car may need to be plugged in for this to work.

Otherwise the course of action is to tell Kia and your dealer that you aren't happy with this and that you want a fix.

Hard to know if its a bug or a "feature". I've seen people talking about it being the same on the KIA eNiro. I've managed to get preheating working by both 1) having it plugged in and 2) setting a planned departure time. Bit of a pain in the head tbh. The weird thing is that you can get the AC to come on via the App but regardless of the set temperature will only blow out cold air (or I guess ambient temperature air). So not a great user experience.

Btw, "discovered" the fully declinable seats today, super pleasant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A joke they can't get this right given Nissan and Tesla have it working a decade now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

not true about E-Niro. Remote app activated heating works like a charm from day one on my one. EV6 on other hand does blow cold air like you said. De-frost function non existent at the moment. Strangely enough it heats only steering wheel while remotely activated

How odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Should the granny cable lock into the car even if it's not charging? I was able to unplug the cable even with the car being locked. The car wasn't charging at the time.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I have an i3 so may be different. But my cable only locks if it can charge. If I plug in an unpowered cable then it never locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Same as on my Sorento. That’s how it is designed to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Pre heating worked for me when I started it manually from iOS app and don’t select defrost for windows/mirrors.

I only tried it once though.

You can set up the car to keep cable locked while car locked or only locked while charging. I think default is to only lock when charging.

Thanks for that.

I managed to place an order for an Earth Model due to arrive at the end of March (according to dealer) yesterday, could well be on this ship.

Didn't manage to get ideal colour I wanted (I'm getting Gravity Blue, I assume it's a previous order that someone pulled out of) but considering most dealers were saying July/August would be earliest and that's not set in stone/price might well be higher then, I will be very happy to get one 3 weeks after ordering if it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Anyone know when the 585bhp GT will be available in Ireland? It isn't on the configurator yet anyway. And any idea on pricing?

Also, would the boot be suitable for transporting a dog given the sloping tailgate glass?

It's a case of if. The global supply chain is fucked, it might never appear here given how things are going. When we got the GT line they said end of 2022.

Regarding dogs in the boot, our pitbull 24Kg, fits well in the back. There isn't a massive amount of space, so I'd have to have a think about a longer journey but for a trip to the vets it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

I enquired about an EV6 GT Line today and the dealer told me there is potentially a 12-18 month wait to get one. 6-9 month wait for the Earth spec.

Post edited by pobber1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

I've still no update on my November GT line order 😔

• Advertisement

I better get in touch with my dealer, I ordered my GT line in January looking for a 222 delivery in July

Advertisement