Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A solution for introducing the No-Fly Zone could be to have the Israeli's police it. They have a great airforce. They are non-nato. And apparently the Ukrainians are all Nazi's, according to Vlad.

I can't think of a better country to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

With big number of recruits and ammunition the Ukraine army will be getting stronger, will there be significant offensive next week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Talisman

They're getting creative in their thinking regarding the creation of a no-fly zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

Hospitals, schools, shopping centres are all being targeted for his personal ego. The blood of innocent children coats his hands.

Also, before he reaches The Hague, he is going to tank his own economy and old age, with all its attendant illnesses will catch up on him. In a country where virility and potence is paramount, they will quickly lose interest in Putin. Interestingly enough, if they instate a Putin sympathiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Black Noel

The Ukrainians would have to expose larger units and the Russians would then have a large target to hammer. That wouldn't be a great idea from the Ukr pov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

As they take more area and their troops get stretched the opportunity will arise for ordinary Ukrainians to fight back with guerilla tactics. They may even be able to separate some of the more geographically advanced troops from the ones behind effectively surrounding them. The more land the Russians go after the faster their death rate will spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I think we'll see Putin removed soon at this rate. The attack on the Nuclear power plant seemed to have him with his tail between his legs asking for no more sanctions.

I wouldn't be surprised if back channels between the west and Russia were explaining that if anything were to happen to that reactor then there's be massive consequences to pay as Russia would be probably declared a terrorist state at that point.

The oligarchs have a very limited time to find a replacement, protests are getting bigger and if they miss the boat on bringing stability they're next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gashi

US and West allies are HEAVEN SENT Gift to Humanity. They only TARGET OIL and GOLD Rich Countries. I was fed on stories on CNN, BBC for decades and trusted it. Not now, no one waste million dollar bombs on others. Where are WMD in IRAQ, Where did gold vanish from Libiya?

They only force other countries to Join NATO. Imagine the world without them.

Only Russia is a villian, because it is trying to safeguard their own country interest.

West historically ruled other countries to teach them MANNERS, ENGLISH/FRENCH, Build Roads, Build Railways. Poor Russia is unfair, killing people.

All West wanted was NATO at the DOOR of Russia.

What will RUSSIAN Haters do, if I plant THUGS GANG outside your community?

In Russia, Putin runs the Govt and Corporate World. You call it mafia (Same in your countries).

In WEST and US, CORPORATE INTEREST Rule the GOVERNMENT. See housing crisis in Ireland driven by Venture Funds and Vested Builders. Government can do many thing, will not do anything.

At least this man, has the guts to PROTECT HIS COUNTRY's INTERESTS. He was cornered, what else he will do??

Overall, it is politics and all are playing games including Russia. No one is a Saint.

Russia, ABC, XYZ all are just playing the games and common man will suffer. No president will die, no president will suffer from Inflation.

I'm not a Russian.😀 😀

Fantasising about a future where a new and benevolent government of Russia hands Putin over to be tried for war crimes in Ukraine is a long long long way from where we are now. But keep daydreaming if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And this before the extent of the Russian losses starts to permeate through to the public. He won't be able to silence all the mother's searching for news about their now silent sons. If the losses are even 50% of what the Ukrainians are claim he is buggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

1 life (Putin's) vs the lives that will be extinguished/ruined if he stays in power = your maths is sadly correct

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Ouch

The stinger put to good use

• Registered Users Posts: 32,676 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ironically...they might be missing quite a few more boats by the end of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,923 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ukraine will be able to import gas from Poland from March 6. A lot of countries are going to have to push hard for LNG now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

Your command of the English language would suggest a diet of RT rather than BBC or CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Hello Russian ambassador..

You seem unhappy? Getting worked up over the growing sanctions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Talisman

1,000,000 SMS messages in 12 hours isn't a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Hope Putins is watching that on his big telly 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yes but he invading a country that he doesn't own.

He can't even look after his own country.

Many Russians spend most of their days looking for food and something to heat their homes.

A big percentage of the Russian population don't even know what's going on in the world as they are just trying to stay alive.

He and his mates are just greedy c..TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gashi

That means Ukraine lost more than double this number as Russian Army is more pro than civillians.. I think that is more to worry thn what Russia lost.

If they lose, too much ground they will become more desperate. I would rather say it is s a BAD NEWS FOR ALL. More bombing will take place, if they lose on Ground.

There were reports of an autodialer campaign playing a message in Russian from Zelenskyy to Russian landlines. Every little bit helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

And another putinbot added to the extensive ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

More tilting at Windmills. Investigate the groups for sure. But they are not an existential threat to the US. They are too small to even be that.

And btw, BLM/ANTIFA caused a lot more damage, destruction and civil disorder to American cities than all American Neo-Nazi/White Supremacist groups combined.

I don’t see as much concern about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭jolivmmx

Antisocial Personality Disorder DSM-5 301.7 (F60.2)

Introduction

APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder) is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to individuals who habitually and pervasively disregard or violate the rights and considerations of others without remorse. People with Antisocial Personality Disorder may be habitual criminals, or engage in behavior which would be grounds for criminal arrest and prosecution, or they may engage in behaviors which skirt the edges of the law, or manipulate and hurt others in non-criminal ways which are widely regarded as unethical, immoral, irresponsible, or in violation of social norms and expectations. Those with APD often possess an impaired moral conscience and make decisions driven purely by their own desires without considering the needs or negative effects of their actions on others. Impulsive and criminal behavior is common. The terms psychopathy or sociopathy are also used, in some contexts synonymously, in others, sociopath is differentiated from a psychopath, in that a sociopathy is rooted in environmental causes, while psychopathy is genetically based. 

The term antisocial may be confusing to the lay public, as the more common definition outside of clinical usage is an individual who is a loner or socially isolated. The literal meaning of the word antisocial can be more descriptive to both the lay public and professionals. To be anti-social is to be against society: against rules, norms, laws and acceptable behavior. Individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder tend to be charismatic, attractive, and very good at obtaining sympathy from others; for example, describing themselves as the victim of injustice. Some studies suggest that the average intelligence of antisocials is higher than the norm. Antisocials possess a superficial charm, they can be thoughtful and cunning, and have an intuitive ability to rapidly observe and analyze others, determine their needs and preferences, and present it in a manner to facilitate manipulation and exploitation. They are able to harm and use other people in this manner, without remorse, guilt, shame or regret. It is widely stated that antisocials are without empathy, however this can be disputed, as sadistic antisocials will use empathy to experience their victim's suffering, and derive a fuller pleasure from it (Turvey, 1995). This is depicted in the classic work A Cask of Amontillado by Poe, as the main character entombs another man alive “...then I heard the furious vibrations of the chain. The noise lasted for several minutes, during which, that I might hearken to it with the more satisfaction, I ceased my labours and sat down upon the bones.” (Poe, 1846 ). Some research also suggests that sociopaths and psychopaths do have degrees of empathy, but with an innate ability to switch it off at will. (Meffer, Gazzola, den Boer, Bartells, 2013). This connection to empathy may give hope to future successful treatment as it suggests individuals with APD may be trained.

Symptoms & Criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder

According to the DSM-5, there are four diagnostic criterion, of which Criterion A has seven sub-features. 

A. Disregard for and violation of others rights since age 15, as indicated by one of the seven sub features: 

1. Failure to obey laws and norms by engaging in behavior which results in criminal arrest, or would warrant criminal arrest 
    2. Lying, deception, and manipulation, for profit or self-amusement,
    3. Impulsive behavior
    4. Irritability and aggression, manifested as frequently assaults others, or engages in fighting
    5. Blatantly disregards safety of self and others, 
    6. A pattern of irresponsibility and 
    7. Lack of remorse for actions (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)

The other diagnostic Criterion are: 

B. The person is at least age 18, 

C. Conduct disorder was present by history before age 15

D. and the antisocial behavior does not occur in the context of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)

Onset

The DSM-5 notes that Antisocial Personality Disorder cannot be diagnosed before age 18, so while an adolescent may display antisocial features, prior to age 18, if diagnostic criteria are met, the appropriate diagnosis would be Conduct Disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Prevalence

According to the DSM-5, the annual prevalence of Antisocial Personality Disorder is .02% to 3.3.% when the criteria from prior DSM editions are applied (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Risk Factors

The DSM-5 indicates that risk factors for Antisocial Personality Disorder are having a first degree biological relative with APD, and being a male, (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). If Antisocial Personality Disorder is primarily genetic or a product of social learning and other environmental factors has been widely debated by behavioral scientists. There are indicators that Antisocial Personality Disorder is a result of a genetic predisposition in that the individual is born without conscience. There is evidence for neuroanatomical differences in antisocials. A rs-fMRI (resting state functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) study of n=480 adjudicated antisocial offenders showed “uncoupled connections”in areas of the frontal and parietal lobes which are associated with attention, self regulation, the ability to control oneself, and resolve conflicts . It was noted that physiological and anatomical deficits observed in the frontal /parietal areas, as well as the cerebellum, may account for the chronic low arousal, high impulsivity, lack of conscience, callousness, and decision-making problems commonly seen in individuals with APD (Tang, Jiang, Liao, Wang, & Luo, 2013). There is also evidence that environmental factors, such as internalizing messages from antisocial peers or parents are at work in Antisocial Personality Disorder. One possible developmental pathway if there are not appropriate treatment interventions is ODD, or RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) , and CD leading to APD. 

Comorbidity

The DSM-5 indicates that Antisocial Personality Disorder is comorbid with substance abuse disorder, and other personality disorders (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

That's gas. I had a different take on it altogether. Mind you, up to that point the only shooting experience I had was a .22 Brno and a .223. So I had little to compare it to. I do remember thinking that the AK wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be and that I definitely preferred it to the AR.

• Advertisement

Someone posted that earlier in the the thread and I have the tab open since.

There must be techies on here? I have some (ignorant) questions: I left reviews on Russian websites earlier this week. I used a VPN and a burner email on a device I rarely use. I did this on the assumption that if you use your regular email/device you will be providing a target for Russian state actors. Is that assumption correct?

Related to the squad 303 text message sending, is it done in such a way that your number is not revealed? Or should we take precautions before going ahead and sending messages? I want to send some, but I don't want to be stupid about it, if that makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement