Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

Can anyone tell me what time do you typically finish in the Tax office in Cork? I am trying to sort childcare and most places close at 6pm. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Fisherman32

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lunaLG

Has anyone being given a start date yet or confirmation of a department yet in any county?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭peanutk

@Sgt. Bilko 09 im late 200's i got an an email asking for garda vetting and clearance last week! Hopefully you hear soon🤞

@Sra360 hey i had my interview on the tuesday and heard by the friday. I was the exact same i wasnt sure about mine either because i was so nervous.Hopefully you dont have to wait too long. Best of luck 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Same too you, just getting nervous I don’t want to miss it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thejollyhen

Hello.. i'm new to this forum.. has anyone any update on the Cavan panel please..? I had my interview on monday, got my pass result on Tuesday morning and received my Location Form from PAS on Tuesday evening also. i'm in the top 10 but afraid to get my hopes up ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sra360

Hopefully! 🤞 Felt like such a huge lead up with all the prep - I hope my nerves didn't leave me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

Im oom 274 and ive sent off clearance forms just waiting on vetring bureau to send on completion form. Hopefully u wont be wsiting too long to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lindyd33

Dont doubt yourself. I felt the exact same. I had my interview the tue and found out the fri i passed. Its tough to prep as so many variations of questions can be asked from one comoetency. Best of luck hope u hear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 mature cheese

Defo know the competencies but I felt like it was based more off my application form so defo know your form well and anything they could ask off that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

All of it is based on your application form. Just have the examples prepared and rhymed off :)

@Summerdays22 I think it’s flexi time after training in the tax office but a lot are still working from home

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnym

Anyone know what oom they are at for Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lisaconway

Has anyone noticed the vetting seems to be taking ages..I have been dealing with clearance and I think they finally have everything..I have been trying to track the status of my vetting but it keeps saying server error?? This is for Revenue in Dublin starting April the 7th but I havent heard anything since. Should I email clearance , just want to know if I have definately got it or not!! I did Garda vetting twice last year and always came back quickly!!..Weird...what have they found..haha

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crinkley

I had to a garda check last November and it took over 2 weeks, I suppose it just depends on how busy they are with requests

I had it done last year and ur took about 3 weeks.maybe they are really busy at the moment 🙈 Can i ask have you been offered a position before your vetting etc has come back?

Are the references checked before or after vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Hey i had my interview 2 weeks ago got the results that i passed the email said clearance and that would be in touch should i have got something by now or is this normal thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Clearance will be in touch when they have a place for it. It could take a little bit of time, depending on demand for CO's in your county.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Totally Red

Has anyone heard what OOM they are at for Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Janas

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sfr2022

Any update on the waterford panel. I'm in the second batch so here hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭defiantdancer

Hello there,

I hope everybody gets to enjoy the spring sunshine this weekend😎looking for some advice please...

I recently started as a TCO. I was on the panel for CO. I have just received a message on my notice board informing me I have been assigned a position. I am extremely grateful for this news as having been through a horrible redundancy experience like so many people have been with this pandemic, and feeling like I am in a dinghy in a very choppy sea, I feel like I can finally see the shore which I haven’t felt like in a long time...

The message states the Dept I am being assigned to. It doesn’t give a start date. However, it states Personnel will be in touch shortly with a start date. I have two questions which hopefully somebody will be able to answer.

1. Does this mean security clearance has been completed? I had already completed Garda vetting for the TCO role but understood that Garda vetting would have to be completed again for the CO role.
    2. According to my TCO contract which I have just reread the morning, I am required to give one months notice to the Dept I am currently based in. Does it perhaps differ for different departments? I think somebody on this forum previously said that only a week’s notice was required for TCO... Will this be a problem for the new Department? Or do they waive the notice period as you are moving to another role in the Civil Service? Thank you in advance for any replies. I honestly don’t think I would have got this far without all the advice and support that was so generously shared on this forum.

Congratulations on your permanent role!

1. If you have been offered a position then clearance is usually completed. However, it may state on that message you got that it is dependent on nothing coming to light a result of any pending security clearance checks. Your vetting may not be fully completed.
    2. In relation to notice, this won't be an issue as you would have to work notice if you were in the private sector too. Your current dept may want you to work out the full month but it won't affect your permanent offer.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭defiantdancer

Thank you so much for your reply Furry Bones😀

That is exactly what the message says so obviously the vetting isn’t fully completed. Hopefully everything will be straight forward enough, but I imagine I had better wait until it is completed before handing in my notice in the TCO role. Is there a way of politely asking do I have to work the full notice period? I would be really grateful just to have maybe a week’s breathing space between the two roles...However, I realise this may not be possible and I will just have to go with it.

Ii remember you were hoping to stay in your original dept when you got the CO role? I hope that was possible and if not, you are happy in your new Dept.

btw, I love your sign off. Very inspiring. It’s a pity Winston Churchill isn’t still around especially with the horrific events unfolding in the Ukraine.

• Advertisement

@defiantdancer Thank you so much! I was assigned to the same department and I'm absolutely over the moon about it. Feels strange knowing I'm back on probation for a year when I've already spent so much time there.

In answer to your questions -

Contact HR just to let them know that you've been assigned a permanent position in XXX but have not been given a start date yet. Ask if they can let you know how much notice time you will be expected to work, so that you can inform your new department when they make contact with you. In my department the guys in HR are lovely and it's all very relaxed, so I would have no reservations about shooting them a quick informal email.

Churchill's quote is also relevant to all of us on these Boards trying to secure permanent employment in the face of so much competition. If we don't succeed in one campaign we get up, brush ourselves off, work a little harder, and try again.

The devastation in the Ukraine is heartbreaking, scary, and a reminder to us all that we can take nothing for granted.

Best of luck with job, may it be the start of great things to come.

Advertisement